Thursday, Feb 11, 2016
The Riksbank elected to cut its policy rate from minus 0.35pc to minus 0.5pc on Thursday.
Telegraph: Sweden takes negative interest rates even lower as Riksbank fights to keep up with global stimulus
So, Sweden is actually working hard to keep consumer prices high. Who again do they work for?! Maybe countries with strong currencies should attempt to build stuff for local people and sell it to them if they are allowed to become more wealthy with a stronger currency? Regardless, this is a #longtermdeflationarytrend - and no amount of monetary policy will change it, so just deal with stronger currency, which has pro's and cons and is not all bad.
- If you do not have an admin password leave the password field blank.
- If you would like to request a password allowing you to add comments and blog news articles without needing each one approved manually, send an e-mail to the webmaster.
- Your email address is required so we can verify that the comment is genuine. It will not be posted anywhere on the site, will be stored confidentially by us and never given out to any third party.
- Please note that any viewpoints published here as comments are user's views and not the views of HousePriceCrash.co.uk.
- Please adhere to the Guidelines