Thursday, Oct 31, 2013
George Osborne 'considers capital gains tax for overseas buyers'
The government is reported to be considering a tax for overseas investors buying UK properties, in a move to stop house prices rushing out of reach of homebuyers.
Ed Mead of estate agency Douglas & Gordon said the policy would be "difficult to police" as the government could struggle to ascertain whether overseas buyers were investors or residing full time in the property.
- If you do not have an admin password leave the password field blank.
- If you would like to request a password allowing you to add comments and blog news articles without needing each one approved manually, send an e-mail to the webmaster.
- Your email address is required so we can verify that the comment is genuine. It will not be posted anywhere on the site, will be stored confidentially by us and never given out to any third party.
- Please note that any viewpoints published here as comments are user's views and not the views of HousePriceCrash.co.uk.
- Please adhere to the Guidelines