Thursday, Mar 07, 2013
We own land... oh hang on, no we don't, so just give us some for free and then give us money!
Chartered Institute of Housing: Take radical decisions on public land to help tackle housing shortage
“One example of public land being used successfully is the London Olympics so it can happen – we need to make it happen again.” Grainia Long was taking part in a panel discussion on getting Britain building again, chaired by BBC home affairs editor Mark Easton.
Her point was echoed by fellow panellist Peter Quinn, business development director at Lovell Partnerships. He said: “Rather than a subsidy government could release land for free for social and private homes.” Grainia Long added: “If we are going to build the homes we need to deal with our housing crisis we need a building programme on the scale of which we haven’t seen for decades.
- If you do not have an admin password leave the password field blank.
- If you would like to request a password allowing you to add comments and blog news articles without needing each one approved manually, send an e-mail to the webmaster.
- Your email address is required so we can verify that the comment is genuine. It will not be posted anywhere on the site, will be stored confidentially by us and never given out to any third party.
- Please note that any viewpoints published here as comments are user's views and not the views of HousePriceCrash.co.uk.
- Please adhere to the Guidelines