Monday, Jun 28, 2010
The figures seem on the high side but the overall picture is probably correct
"It costs an average of £348 a month to rent a room in a shared property in the UK, 75% more than in Spain, where rents average just £199 a month, according to flatshare website Easyroommate.co.uk. France was the second most expensive country in which to rent a room, but at an average of £285 a month rents were still considerably cheaper than in the UK, while in Italy they averaged £282 a month." The explanation is drivel of course: "The group blamed the high cost of renting a room in the UK on the lack of mortgage finance currently available, which it said was forcing potential first-time buyers to continue renting, driving up demand." In the long run the cost of renting will be approx. same as cost of buying with a mortgage.
- If you do not have an admin password leave the password field blank.
- If you would like to request a password allowing you to add comments and blog news articles without needing each one approved manually, send an e-mail to the webmaster.
- Your email address is required so we can verify that the comment is genuine. It will not be posted anywhere on the site, will be stored confidentially by us and never given out to any third party.
- Please note that any viewpoints published here as comments are user's views and not the views of HousePriceCrash.co.uk.
- Please adhere to the Guidelines