Tuesday, May 06, 2008
About 150 estate agents' branches are now closing every week in the UK, according to research.
Business monitor Debtwire said the number of branches had fallen from 13,000 to 12,000 so far this year.
Jeremy Leaf, from RICS, told the BBC many were closing because people eager to move could not get a mortgage.
Bank of England figures show that the number of new mortgages approved in March was the lowest since records began.
- If you do not have an admin password leave the password field blank.
- If you would like to request a password allowing you to add comments and blog news articles without needing each one approved manually, send an e-mail to the webmaster.
- Your email address is required so we can verify that the comment is genuine. It will not be posted anywhere on the site, will be stored confidentially by us and never given out to any third party.
- Please note that any viewpoints published here as comments are user's views and not the views of HousePriceCrash.co.uk.
- Please adhere to the Guidelines