#61 Flatdog

Flatdog

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:47 PM

I STR in August 2007 (So at the peak)
I was a member of HPC before I found this wonderful place. I knew it was coming but I never found this site until begining of the year. It was still a battle with the bulls then and everyone still guessing as to when the shit would hit the fan.
I have really enjoyed the debate/laughs this forum provides.
I found a forum that made me feel that I was not the lone nutter many people thought I was when I made my decision middle of last year.
I took so much grief and I actually think people thought I was losing the plot. Yep I had doubts after the event but thank ****** I found here because I realised there are actually quite a few loons about and they all come to play on here.

Ditto (ish) timeline and sentiments.
in vino veritas

Courtesy Freeholder Jan 28/2011:
Millions of people have just noticed that they are f****ng skint. The only mystery is how they could have been so stupid as to not notice earlier.

#62 No Muggy Bear

No Muggy Bear

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:10 PM

Hi to Dunroamin I see you are back or should that be me back here again? How you doing?
Lets party like it's 1929

#63 Montauk

Montauk

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:33 PM

Who you calling a cult? :lol:

I've been reading this site and it's American cousin www.thehousingbubbleblog.com for what, three and a half years? Sure saved me a ton o' cash since I STR'd in Dec 2004. Here in the States, the crash is on going. Manhattan is the last to fall. London and Manhattan will go down together. Gloat? a little, but if the banks collapse, I'll be just as poor as anyone else, I'm afraid.

#64 expatowner

expatowner

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:01 AM

the cult website

Ignore.
I thought somebody had found some "tasty" photos of Gordon Broon in a kilt and I just wanted to forward them to Kylie Minogue's fan club. :lol:

#65 Bjørn

Bjørn

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 08:43 PM

If we're cult, shouldn't we have a theme song?

Caution: link not safe for work

#66 Austin Allegro

Austin Allegro

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:44 AM

Do they mean 'cult' as in 'cult tv show'?

If so...

Exciting music plays. FP is shown in a blazer driving an open topped sports car around London. He arrives at the front door of his (3-year rental) mansion. Poison gas clouds appear. We next see him in a new-build, off-plan development off the Welsh coast (Just 425 mins from London Euston).

Where am I?
You are in the Development.
What do you want?
We want...house price inflation.
Who is Member Number One?
YOU ARE!!!
hahahahahahahhahaha

Cut to FP running along a beach being chased by a huge inflatable in the shape of Kirsty Alsopp which eventually smothers him.
Why treat those who call themselves atheists as enemies? Why not simply say to them: ‘We have no quarrel. The “God” whose existence you deny you do well to deny. It is an object among other objects and I deny it also. The necessary ground of all rational thought, on which you and I both depend to make sensible statements, that is what I mean by God.’ Rev Anthony Freeman

#67 Killer Bunny

Killer Bunny

Twitterati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,597 posts
  • About Me:I love - love I tell you - Twitter

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:58 AM

Cut to FP running along a beach being chased by a huge inflatable in the shape of Kirsty Alsopp which eventually smothers him.

Obviously, they're huge.

I am not a number.

I am a falling percentage!

In 1931 they did not know yet that they were in The Great Depression
Cap'n, you cannae change the laws of... Economics!
"If they raise rates we're toast. If they don't its BECAUSE we're toast" Pundit: Sky News March 2011
"That which is unsustainable will not sustain" Milton Friedman

#68 grizzly bear

grizzly bear

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:41 PM

I've been reading this site and it's American cousin www.thehousingbubbleblog.com for what, three and a half years? Sure saved me a ton o' cash since I STR'd in Dec 2004. Here in the States, the crash is on going. Manhattan is the last to fall. London and Manhattan will go down together. Gloat? a little, but if the banks collapse, I'll be just as poor as anyone else, I'm afraid.

I'll be poorer - no house and STR money gone. I will not be gloating!

#69 Crashman Begins

Crashman Begins

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:48 PM

1st time buyer

Found website in 2004 whilst searching google for info on house prices...

See below, for my reaction to the graph on the home page :ph34r:

Edited by Crashman Begins, 30 November 2008 - 10:48 PM.

precious-metal-investment.blogspot.co.uk

BBB @ Dec 5 2004, 05:30 PM: some credit crunch guys....not my idea of a credit crunch......is it yours?
''first this will happen, then this will happen'' you all said..kind of throws all your baloney theories out of the window doesn't it?

They will do anything to avoid suggesting that the size of the pie is not the real problem, it's the way it is sliced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users