#46 Timm

Timm

Black Horse Apocalypse

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts
  • About Me:Bull.

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:54 AM

...I'd like to point out at this point that I was here when it was genuinely hip, when doom-mongers sat around effortlessly cool with frugal f-you nonchalance while consumer drones splashed their plastic on tat. I was here well before it was full of mainstreamers who've just learned about the HPC from the BBC news. When I came here it was a cobbled-together thing with a freebie bravenet forum.

I'm member 24 for gawd's sake.

And you're still a bull?

Word. Houses? They going down!

Genius.

*struggles for breath*
Less credit - more money.

And I beheld a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a days wages, and three measures of barley for a days wages; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

#47 robbingXpat

robbingXpat

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • About Me:HPC, France, travel, and motorcycle racing.

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:11 AM

I lurked on this website quite a lot in 2004 and I am glad I didn't STR then. Although it was obvious there would be a HPC it wasn't obvious then when it would be. Eventually STR in July this year at our Nov 2006 valuation. I am guessing that very few people timed here it exactly right...... and those that did are allowed to gloat!!!!!

Me gloat, no never, but STR in Jan 08.

What made us sell up? I had total confidence in THE 'sick', cult website, HPC, how come we became more EXPERT about the approaching doom than Phil and Krusty, etc? Them experts, certainly not in property! Bullsh*t yes, property no.

How are they still commissioned as experts when they were so wrong? yet the majority of fellow enthusiasts of this site could quite clearly see where the country was heading.

It now appears that the sensible, thrifty citizens of this country will have to pay for the greedy must haves, who lived beyond there means.
We are retired, one SMALL pension and only our savings to live on (not yet 65), now that flash Gordon has reduced interest rates we like many others will have to do the unthinkable, seek out employment.
The only winners with flash Gordon appear to be the scroungers and chaves, those that have never worked in there lives, where we have worked and paid our stealth (hip, flights, insurance, vat, etc) and income taxes, NI etc, what do we get?

We get to go back to work and watch the scrougers/workshy spend our taxes on there cigs, drink, rent and rates, etc.
I like many others did some military service after leaving school, the workshy should be made to clean the streats, do gardening for the elderly or some form of national service, we never got 'something for nothing' nor expected it.

NO, I am not some right wing activist, I am an ex labour voter who is finding it difficult to ever consider voting again.

Future, I don't see a future for hard working families and individuals.
redwine (French estate agent?) stated on 28/03/2011, that,
'Guret is the capital of Limousin' , Oh no it's not, the only capital of Limousin is Limoges, 100% fact.

I hated the labour government with such passion, for what they have done to our younger generations,
How I wish that the younger generations had hated them with the same passion!

#48 Bosh

Bosh

Nasty STR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,381 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:42 AM

Attached File  black_laugh.jpg   3.04KB   2 downloads

I STR in August 2007 (So at the peak)
I was a member of HPC before I found this wonderful place. I knew it was coming but I never found this site until begining of the year. It was still a battle with the bulls then and everyone still guessing as to when the shit would hit the fan.
I have really enjoyed the debate/laughs this forum provides.
I found a forum that made me feel that I was not the lone nutter many people thought I was when I made my decision middle of last year.
I took so much grief and I actually think people thought I was losing the plot. Yep I had doubts after the event but thank ****** I found here because I realised there are actually quite a few loons about and they all come to play on here.

To add icing to the cake.... I sold to an estate agent and her property developing partner and two months later the Agents she worked for went bust and she is now on the rock and Roll.

The decision I made was without HPC but I certainly needed the support after the event. I`m glad I found it after because I may have melted and Sold to soon.

Thanks guys

I`LL GET MY GLOAT
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

#49 Deckard

Deckard

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:17 AM

Ha! Well I'm member no. 14,424 and I blisfully ignored everything you all said until the top of the market and then STR. Oh - that may have sounded like gloating which is as we have seen verboten.

:lol: :lol: :lol: +1
A new life awaits you in the Off-World Colonies! The chance to begin again, in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

#50 Leonard Hatred

Leonard Hatred

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,981 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:45 AM

Shhhhhh! I think I can hear heavily armed men kicking the front door down!

#51 lulu

lulu

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:00 PM

House prices: How low can they go? Telegraph

[i]One who thinks so is Jonathan Davis, chartered financial planner with Armstrong Davis and spokesman for the cult website www.housepricecrash.co.uk, where those who stayed out of the property boom go to gloat. A few months ago, commentators on the housing market were lining up to pour scorn on his dire predictions. Kirstie Allsopp even called his website "sick".

Gloat!?!
None of that from me (unless of course we are talking about over stretched BTL/MEW *ossers. Many were driven to this website as they were totally priced out of what was a ridiculous and unsustainable boom in house prices.

We are the sensible ones who did not feel it rational to buy an over priced s&ithole with a 10xsalary mortgage we had no hope of paying back. The fact that we are now viewed with such distain is quite frankly bizarre. There has been plently of gloating over the past few years from those 'on the ladder' that it is about time they got some payback.

Whilst I am at it, it is Krusty who is the sick one, still encouraging people to buy into a market that is tanking big time. If she really was an 'expert' she would have seen the UK property market for the massive pyramid selling scam that it really is.

#52 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,879 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:26 PM

ooh! ooh! can we go for the L. Ron Hubbard version? I'll be a willing deck hand on the 100ft yacht fully laden with gorgeous women ;) So long as no one tries that Scientology shite on me.

Yeah, where's the sex? Cults usually have loads of sex. I'm off to join a different cult! :blink:
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#53 Allthatglitters

Allthatglitters

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:27 PM

You're all Johnny-come-lately's. I predicted the 1990's HPC.

B)

#54 General Melchett

General Melchett

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,158 posts
  • About Me:Spider-eating lunatic

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:37 PM

You're all Johnny-come-lately's. I predicted the 1990's HPC.

B)

Look at my avatar: I correctly predicted the Wall Street Crash. I'm glad this is a sex-free cult though, as I'm too old for that sort of thing.
The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

#55 No Muggy Bear

No Muggy Bear

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:25 PM

I'm only memberr 732 cos my internet connection went down for a month whilst we were in the 'you must register' phase. I was moving to a one bed flat in a ropey area to save even more big bucks for my vulture fund. Muuhahaahahaaaa!
Lets party like it's 1929

#56 erranta

erranta

Knows he doesn't know

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,716 posts
  • About Me:Too old for another mortgage

- fighting slavery and serfdom by despotic 'false' leaders of mock-democracy, their mega-corps and corporatism for the next ignorant generation

Posted 28 November 2008 - 06:56 PM

Yeah, where's the sex? Cults usually have loads of sex. I'm off to join a different cult! :blink:

Three bed in Middle_sex - You Cardiff Cruiser!

"The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit." Proverbs Ch18 v.11

Whistle Blow!
You know 'IT' makes sense!

Exploitation & corrupt Government / Elite Rule? They have nowhere to hide if we all EXPOSE their corruption!

"Most propaganda is NOT designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give MORAL COWARDS an excuse not to think at all!"

#57 oracle

oracle

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 07:30 PM

We're obviously having an impact.

To be called a "cult" is quite an accolade.

Like spending horrific amounts of borrowed money on stuff, you don't really need,en masse,...because the "moonies" on the box told you so isn't??

pot.....kettle....black??

Edited by oracle, 28 November 2008 - 07:32 PM.

you take the blue pill...you fall asleep...you wake up in your bed tomorrow and believe what you want to believe

you take the red pill...you stay in wonderland...and I show you how deep the Rabbit-hole goes.

#58 oracle

oracle

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 07:37 PM

[quote name='ROBinGLOS' date='Nov 28 2008, 09:11 AM' post='1488491']

What made us sell up? I had total confidence in THE 'sick', cult website, HPC, how come we became more EXPERT about the approaching doom than Phil and Krusty, etc? Them experts, certainly not in property! Bullsh*t yes, property no.

...That's britain's new world-class export industry!!
....property might be going down the pan,but spin and "perception management" consultants are doing a roaring trade.
you take the blue pill...you fall asleep...you wake up in your bed tomorrow and believe what you want to believe

you take the red pill...you stay in wonderland...and I show you how deep the Rabbit-hole goes.

#59 Yonmon

Yonmon

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 07:56 PM

Not just a cult, a sinister internet cult.

#60 MrB

MrB

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:50 PM

Cult website?

I'd like to point out at this point that I was here when it was genuinely hip, when doom-mongers sat around effortlessly cool with frugal f-you nonchalance while consumer drones splashed their plastic on tat. I was here well before it was full of mainstreamers who've just learned about the HPC from the BBC news. When I came here it was a cobbled-together thing with a freebie bravenet forum.

I'm member 24 for gawd's sake.

Respect!

I think our membership No is a badge of honour. Any1 under 1860 is a visionary.....

(Edited no to 1860 from 1850)

Edited by MrB, 28 November 2008 - 08:51 PM.

1. Get up
2. Have a piss
3. Go to work
4. Get back from work

5. Read HPC
6. Watch The Bill
7. Go to bed

Stages 1-4 will happen between 7am and 5.30pm. Stage 5 is happening now. Stage 6 & 7 could happen anytime soon. Protect yourselves: buy an overpriced house!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users