69 replies to this topic

#31 Elizabeth

Elizabeth

SlummingIt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:04 PM

Kirsty Allsop called this web-site sick. Now we truly have demonstrated that the truth is a sickness. Actually the truth is a poison that destroys those things that don't have proper foundations.

#32 quantinghome

quantinghome

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:05 PM

I'm member 24 for gawd's sake.

Darn!

Edited by quantinghome, 27 November 2008 - 10:07 PM.

#33 Umaguma

Umaguma

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • About Me:something is wrong

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:11 PM

Who you calling a cult? :lol:
houses are for living in, not for living off

#34 uptherebels

uptherebels

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:19 PM

Cult website?

I'd like to point out at this point that I was here when it was genuinely hip, when doom-mongers sat around effortlessly cool with frugal f-you nonchalance while consumer drones splashed their plastic on tat. I was here well before it was full of mainstreamers who've just learned about the HPC from the BBC news. When I came here it was a cobbled-together thing with a freebie bravenet forum.

I'm member 24 for gawd's sake.

Congratulations.

#35 ccc

ccc

I make myself sick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,984 posts
  • About Me:German Girl avatar - http://www.nerve.com/files/archive/theremoteisland/2009/02/german-girl-10.jpg

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:27 PM

There is a member # 225....... :o

Who is number one....
"****** you - you carwash ****"

March 2007 - Suzy Essman.

#36 Paddles

Paddles

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:32 PM

Kirsty Allsop called this web-site sick. Now we truly have demonstrated that the truth is a sickness. Actually the truth is a poison that destroys those things that don't have proper foundations.

Whereas being truly sick could be defined by appearing on a celebrity cook programme and shouting to the outside broadcast presenter, "what's the house like? what's the house like?" in a desperate attempt to remind the viewing public that your USP is being a so-called Property Expert (who didn't notice a rather significant correction creeping up on us).

Edited by Paddles, 27 November 2008 - 10:33 PM.

"And thus the rule, supported by the experience of centuries; the speculative episode always ends, not with a whimper but with a bang."
J. K. Galbraith - A short history of financial euphoria

My blog from enemy territory

#37 tinker

tinker

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:33 PM

Cult is probably the wrong word, however, it is praise indeed and does give the site and its members some credibility.

Amazing how many 'clever' and enlightened people on here have called it and predicted the various HPC stages - the economic insight and opinion is equally impressive.

BTW I like to think this is a very broad church, I'm not a renter; thankfully I 'bought' (mortgage) many years ago, never even considering what the house might be worth, but 'knowing' that inflated house prices were insane and did not an economy make.

Whilst there maybe some gloating, I'm sure most of us don't wish ill on ordinary folk getting on with their lives but caught up in the mess, though we can make an exception for some. :lol:

Still, well done to all and for those able to influence the media and gain their respect.

#38 Converted Lurker

Converted Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,999 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:40 PM

Come on Greg, pop your head in on this thread and give us a wave, always good to see the number one ;)

Posted Image
Propaganda is to a democracy what violence is to a dictatorship

#39 Frank Hovis

Frank Hovis

4 warning points

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:43 PM

Wow. After all these years I finally get a pinned thread.

How happy am I?

Well: Posted Image
High house prices - wrecking economies worldwide since 2003

#40 Byron

Byron

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:10 PM

The sweetest words in the whole World,

'I told you so!'

#41 Stop The Ride

Stop The Ride

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:19 PM

Ha! Well I'm member no. 14,424 and I blisfully ignored everything you all said until the top of the market and then STR. Oh - that may have sounded like gloating which is as we have seen verboten.
Buy Rooibos Tea

Tick Tock's deep colour and full taste make a delicious cup of tea. Gentle, soothing and naturally caffeine free, Tick Tock can be enjoyed by the whole family at any time.

Tick Tock is naturally rich in antioxidants which may support your immune system against free radicals, and contains natural alpha hydroxyl acids, long valued for promoting fresh glowing skin.

Unbroken Tradition from the Founders of Rooibos Tea

The Tick Tock family have been growers and makers of rooibos tea ever since Grandfather Benjamin Ginsberg created it in 1903. A tea pioneer, he was the first to use traditional tea techniques to cure the wild rooibos plant found only in South Africa's magnificent Cedarberg mountains.

Over 100 years later, we continue to make Tick Tock to his original specifications.

#42 grizzly bear

grizzly bear

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:51 PM

Surely house prices at sensible levels benefits everyone. This makes it easier for people to move up the ladder as their next step isnít so far out of reach.

The only losers in this whole sorry state are the people who over-paid in the last 3 years and the people who saw their home as a bank borrowing money on its increase in value.

House price collapse WILL benefit all in the long term.

The other losers are the ones who were planning to sell their homes as their retirements... now turns out they had inaccurate expectations.

#43 grizzly bear

grizzly bear

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:55 PM

Brilliant! I'm sure there's a thread on this already, but that quote deserves its own topic

House prices: How low can they go? Telegraph

One who thinks so is Jonathan Davis, chartered financial planner with Armstrong Davis and spokesman for the cult website www.housepricecrash.co.uk, where those who stayed out of the property boom go to gloat. A few months ago, commentators on the housing market were lining up to pour scorn on his dire predictions. Kirstie Allsopp even called his website "sick". Now, Davis admits he has been wrong about the housing market Ė but only in as much as it is in a worse state than he had thought.

"In April 2007 I said I thought prices would fall by 25 per cent from peak to trough," he says. "By October 2007, I increased that to 35 per cent. Now, I think prices will fall by 40 to 50 per cent, and the market will not reach a bottom until 2011."

Fame, fame fatal fame. FP is the new Kirstie Allsopp. ;)

I lurked on this website quite a lot in 2004 and I am glad I didn't STR then. Although it was obvious there would be a HPC it wasn't obvious then when it would be. Eventually STR in July this year at our Nov 2006 valuation. I am guessing that very few people timed here it exactly right...... and those that did are allowed to gloat!!!!!

#44 lets get it right

lets get it right

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,638 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:19 AM

Is that a typo on their part?

Yes, it should say 'adult' instead of 'cult'.

In the sense that if you believe in the childish nonsense spouted by all the main political parties - that you can base an economy on debt - then you will not fit in here.
I

#45 bimyo

bimyo

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:51 AM

Cult website?

I'd like to point out at this point that I was here when it was genuinely hip, when doom-mongers sat around effortlessly cool with frugal f-you nonchalance while consumer drones splashed their plastic on tat. I was here well before it was full of mainstreamers who've just learned about the HPC from the BBC news.

No, f-YOU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users