104 replies to this topic

#31 MOP

MOP

Goodbye Green Shoots, though I never...knew you at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

Nice to see HPC on tv again ! Go on Mr Davis !
The Sibley Thread Bomb - A How-To Guide

Contsruct: Put together between three and seven well-spaced lines of OTT blind optimism. Steer well clear of economics and stick to spurious anecdotals and the odd wild prediction. Finish off with "I told you so". Maximum impact, minimum detail. Nice!
Target: Find a thread with plenty of action going on. A "green shoots" thread is preferable, but any thread started by a fellow Bull usually works. If Harry Monk is there, even better!
Deploy: When it's least expected, throw the thread bomb into the target area and quickly move to a safe distance. Watch the thread bomb go off and create chaos among the Bears. Wait a while, then throw another one in for good measure. Job done.

"Mr Brown does still keep in touch with Prudence, but only via a Ouija board." - Jeff Randall April 09

#32 renterbob

renterbob

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,425 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:56 PM

Nice to see HPC on tv again ! Go on Mr Davis !

Anyone record it and post on youtube.

Linky please.

I hope he (FP) spits in his face.
'I was convinced that the shere size of the global housing bubble would bring everything down when it collapsed and that we would end up in a very severe recession.'
'I have long held that the HPC would see at east 50% off house prices. I recently revised this to 60%. Why so dramatic? Again, another no-brainer'
RealistBear Oct 24, 2008

#33 MOP

MOP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:59 PM

Anyone record it and post on youtube.

Linky please.

I hope he (FP) spits in his face.

Someone mentioned trying BBC iplayer over the next few days to get it ?

Contsruct: Put together between three and seven well-spaced lines of OTT blind optimism. Steer well clear of economics and stick to spurious anecdotals and the odd wild prediction. Finish off with "I told you so". Maximum impact, minimum detail. Nice!
Target: Find a thread with plenty of action going on. A "green shoots" thread is preferable, but any thread started by a fellow Bull usually works. If Harry Monk is there, even better!
Deploy: When it's least expected, throw the thread bomb into the target area and quickly move to a safe distance. Watch the thread bomb go off and create chaos among the Bears. Wait a while, then throw another one in for good measure. Job done.

"Mr Brown does still keep in touch with Prudence, but only via a Ouija board." - Jeff Randall April 09

#34 Swipe

Swipe

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:00 PM

The estate agent thinks it's the bottom? :lol: :lol: :lol:

#35 JoeDavola

JoeDavola

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:03 PM

Can I just say, as someone who was born and lives in Northern Ireland, that we are not all as stupid as Nolan ;)

To be honest, I think FP was probably wasting his time going on Nolan live. I hope they made it worth his while financially at least.

#36 Guest_vicmac64_*

Guest_vicmac64_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:04 PM

Fantastic, FP is the bees knees. A real authority that stands head and tails above the dregs of our financial and banking community.

Well done Jonathan Davis.

My dream team - PM Simon Weston, Chancellor of the exchequer Jonathan Davis, Foreign Secretary Realist Bear.

Heads and tails they would be compared the scum we have in power and those that currently vie for power from the conservative and lib dems.

#37 MOP

MOP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:05 PM

The estate agent thinks it's the bottom? :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a smarmy tw*t ! Jonathan Davis was treated poory there by Nolan but he got the message over and the public will take note !

#38 JoeDavola

JoeDavola

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:09 PM

Jonathan Davis was treated poory there by Nolan

Indeed - it was downright offensive at times.

#39 sign_of_the_times

sign_of_the_times

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:14 PM

Nolan probably has a few BTL's in negative equity, after all, he works for the BBC

FP, ditch the glasses, not your best look <_<
but you find out life isn't like that
its so hard to understand
when the world is your oyster but your future's a clam

#40 MOP

MOP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:18 PM

Nolan probably has a few BTL's in negative equity, after all, he works for the BBC

Yeah someone said earlier that Nolan claims to have a few properties.

#41 p.p.

p.p.

Curly Jefferson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:18 PM

indeed, this is the alleged rumour over here (NI)

anyone else know more, iirc, didn't he say as much on his radio show (I am unsure as I can not suffer listen to him)
even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day

When they come a wull staun ma groon, Staun ma groon al nae be afraid
Thoughts awe hame tak awa ma fear, Sweat an bluid hide ma veil awe tears

my blog

#42 renterbob

renterbob

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,425 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:20 PM

Fantastic, FP is the bees knees. A real authority that stands head and tails above the dregs of our financial and banking community.

Well done Jonathan Davis.

My dream team - PM Simon Weston, Chancellor of the exchequer Jonathan Davis, Foreign Secretary Realist Bear.Heads and tails they would be compared the scum we have in power and those that currently vie for power from the conservative and lib dems.

We can do better than that lot.

Chancellor - Mohammed
Foreign secretary - Rambo
PM - Archangel Gabriel
'I was convinced that the shere size of the global housing bubble would bring everything down when it collapsed and that we would end up in a very severe recession.'
'I have long held that the HPC would see at east 50% off house prices. I recently revised this to 60%. Why so dramatic? Again, another no-brainer'
RealistBear Oct 24, 2008

#43 renterbob

renterbob

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,425 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:22 PM

If you want to slag him off, do it now before he gets out the blackberry on the flight back to civilisation.

Flying to NI, he must be NUTS!
RealistBear Oct 24, 2008

#44 debt_ridden_ftb

debt_ridden_ftb

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:22 PM

To sum up estate agents,

I went to an estate agent in Belfast at the end of August, looked at a semi -detacted house not overly big, i knew it was overpriced and tried to reason with the estate agent, i explained to him the market was declining (done my research) he got very defensive, he told me to get out and didn't take comments from people walking off the street telling him how to price his house, needless to say his office is up for lease at present, obviously not doing to well!!!

There are all about greed and trying to cover there own skin, why ripping people off in more ways that one.

#45 bimyo

bimyo

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:23 PM

Foreign Secretary Realist Bear.

!!!

I'm off to build my air-raid shelter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users