#16 Killer Bunny

Killer Bunny

Twitterati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,957 posts
  • About Me:I love - love I tell you - Twitter

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:40 AM

you on FP? I got a call from the production team last week and for the first time I was sorely tempted to appear. Decided against it finally.

I think you'll regret that...

Watch and see.

In 1931 they did not know yet that they were in The Great Depression
Cap'n, you cannae change the laws of... Economics!
"If they raise rates we're toast. If they don't its BECAUSE we're toast" Pundit: Sky News March 2011
"That which is unsustainable will not sustain" Milton Friedman

#17 Guest_DissipatedYouthIsValuable_*

Guest_DissipatedYouthIsValuable_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:45 AM

They wont care as I ram the crystal stems into their eyes.
ST

Save the rage for a couple of years down the track when you bump into Adam Applegarth in Sainsbury's. So you can twist off his head and make an impromptu Kinder Surprise joke.

#18 Lone_Twin

Lone_Twin

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:45 AM

Watch and see.

Come on man, don't be a spoil sport.
Could you at least tell us is it along the lines of:
1)BTL are parasite scum, look what theyve done to our country.
2)BTLers are getting smashed by the market?
Thanks
ST
<< Formerly Super Ted >>

The banks are licenced by the government to extract profit from their slice of the monopoly in the issue of the state mandated means of exchange. Bankers bonuses like MPs expenses are distractions from theft and violence at a systematic level. -- ST
-----
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality. -- Ayn Rand

#19 Guest_DissipatedYouthIsValuable_*

Guest_DissipatedYouthIsValuable_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:46 AM

I'm betting it's the end for the Wilsons AND Foxtons.

That'll empty a few pent up bearsacks.

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable, 19 September 2008 - 08:50 AM.

#20 Converted Lurker

Converted Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,999 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:48 AM

Come on FP, spill the beans. Is Sir Trevor's house being reposessed live on TV and him exposed as a BTL property baron who has just declared bankruptcy?

Oh yes !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

<edited for typos>

the guy that phoned me up a couple of times suggested he wanted to include the damage BTL had done v FTBs and how much they had lost/were losing, it's also a 'panel thingy' interspersed with interviews etc., similar to the one with MSW and the guy from Savills a year or so back, iirc they're going to re-visit some of their predictions, but not sure if MSWebb is on again, don't think she is. Wanted predictions of how much property would fall and why and how we'd got in this state. TBH in some respects I reckoned it's kinda past it sell by date, might rub salt into the wounds of highly leveraged BTL players but IMHO we're way past all this now. If invited on this time last year to say "prices will fall by 35% inside two years to revert back to affordable levels and that's before the inter bank lending heart attack has wreaked its havoc" it'd been worth it, but not now. Can't see the point in these programmes now...it's all airborne
Propaganda is to a democracy what violence is to a dictatorship

#21 Converted Lurker

Converted Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,999 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:50 AM

Come on man, don't be a spoil sport.
Could you at least tell us is it along the lines of:
1)BTL are parasite scum, look what theyve done to our country.
2)BTLers are getting smashed by the market?
Thanks
ST

you have to remeber that right up to the death someone can easily change the message of these types of show if leant on....
Propaganda is to a democracy what violence is to a dictatorship

#22 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

Ripened on the Diversity Vine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54,051 posts
  • About Me:Im Bloo yabba dee yabba die.

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:53 AM

PLEASE make sure you connect the present state of the economy with Brown's failure to keep house prices under control (see my sig for the quote).

Hank Paulson spoke yesterday and made it 100% clear that the mess we are in was due to HOUSE PRICES GETTING OUT OF CONTROL.

snip

He MAY not have meant what you think he means.

He MAY be saying the mess we are in is due to House prices getting out of control.... ie failing to control the FALLS.

He May be looking at the problem, like so many others, from the wrong end.
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you
do not keep up repayments
on a gilt or other loan secured on it

#23 Lone_Twin

Lone_Twin

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:06 AM

you have to remeber that right up to the death someone can easily change the message of these types of show if leant on....

Right'o.
On a related note can anyone find out how many MPs have sold their BTL "investments" or
people farming units, since the begining of the crash?
ST
<< Formerly Super Ted >>

The banks are licenced by the government to extract profit from their slice of the monopoly in the issue of the state mandated means of exchange. Bankers bonuses like MPs expenses are distractions from theft and violence at a systematic level. -- ST
-----
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality. -- Ayn Rand

#24 council dweller

council dweller

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:07 AM

ITV1 Tonight with Sir Trev

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

Are you going to rip someone's head off and spit down their neck?
Don't breed or buy while cats and dogs die. (sticker seen on back of van on M25)

'Materialism and ego fragment our world into opposing factions and make us lose sight of the whole. Find balance, transcend the demands of the ego, see beyond the materialistic values which trap us in cycles of competition and scarcity.' (Tao de ching)

'I hold three treasures close to my heart: the first is love, the next is simplicity, the third, overcoming the ego.' (more Chinese mumbo jumbo)

It's time for a revolution that will put an end to self-serving governments and the likes of Blair , Brown and Thatcher. (barebear)

#25 OLDFTB

OLDFTB

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:10 AM

ITV1 Tonight with Sir Trev

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

Thanks for the heads up FP. Means my sons can't watch Eastborers tonight......shame!
The last honest man to enter the houses of parliament was, Guy Fawkes...

#26 shindigger

shindigger

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:11 AM

Come on FP, spill the beans. Is Sir Trevor's house being reposessed live on TV and him exposed as a BTL property baron who has just declared bankruptcy?

Oh yes !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

<edited for typos>

Goooooooodbyyyyye!! :lol: :lol:
If you want a cheaper house, vote Labour in 2015.

#27 Fully Detached

Fully Detached

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:12 AM

Or the Chateau de Demise Wilsonique?

I think given the current climate, that 2008-2009 will be an excellent vintage of that particular little favourite.
"When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank... You are a den of vipers and thieves."

- Andrew Jackson President of the US, 1829-1837 correctly noting that bankers are a bunch of *****.

"Men, it has been well said, go mad in crowds and only come to their senses slowly and one by one."

- Charles MacKay, 1856.

#28 Killer Bunny

Killer Bunny

Twitterati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,957 posts
  • About Me:I love - love I tell you - Twitter

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:15 AM

I'd've thought by now the resourceful lot at HPC.co.uk would have looked at the TV listings to see what it was all about...

In 1931 they did not know yet that they were in The Great Depression
Cap'n, you cannae change the laws of... Economics!
"If they raise rates we're toast. If they don't its BECAUSE we're toast" Pundit: Sky News March 2011
"That which is unsustainable will not sustain" Milton Friedman

#29 mitchbux

mitchbux

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:15 AM

They wont care as I ram the crystal stems into their eyes.
ST

You'd let them have crystal.

I'd only give them a chipped mug, or a 'free' Esso glass that's gone all misty through too many trips through the diswasher.
"There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics" - Disraeli

#30 UnsureFTB

UnsureFTB

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:18 AM

Online listings say programme about beating backache at 8pm!
There's no government like no government.
--------------------------------------------------

It is part of the British collective mind-set to be right, people are endlessly arguing, sustaining their need to be right. In Britain it is very much more important to be right than to be nice. So people are rather nasty to each other while pretending to be right, and so their long-term karma is to be found to be terribly wrong. In then olden days, honor and a gentlemanís or gentlewomanís code of conduct was what held up the British edifice of being right but that code is now lacking. So the country will rot and falter.

The trick to being British is to agree to be wrong and make changes now. If you go down the path of righteous-indignation, you will fall as the country falls. The British feel they are very superior so their long-term karma is to become inferior. They will lose their economic status. If you donít feel you are superior, or right, and if status doesnít bother you, the nationís karma wonít bother you at all.
Stuart Wilde 2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users