• Please log in to reply
2095 replies to this topic

#1591 Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,764 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

Don't know if it's been posted earlier but there's a chap here not very happy about France.

WHY YOU SHOULD NOT BUY IN FRANCE." NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED.
Contains distressing images which may cause your stomach to churn
In my backwards, still-medieval little town of Les Arcs, in France where there are people without
mains water, sewers, mains gas, and mains electricity , ( some without 3 of these )

http://sites.google....usfrancedotcom/

Democorruptcy
If you say "Democorruptcy" quickly, it sounds a bit like "Democracy". In a "Democracy" people vote for politicians who represent their interests. In the UK's "Democorruptcy" people can only vote for expense fiddling thieving MPs who are in the hip pocket of big business and the finance sector.

Governbankment
A "Governbankment" is a Government that has no line between itself and banks. It diverts public money (our taxes) to private companies (banks). George Osborne's Help to Buy Bail Banks, will see our taxes go to bankers to cover their losses on mortgages that default. The UK's Governbankment will even pay bankers "reasonable repossession fees" on Help to Bail Bank mortgages that default.

The Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS) is stealing from savers to make them pay for crimes by bankers. Via lower interest on savings, all the bank fines for PPI, LIBOR, interest rates swaps, etc. are being paid by savers so that bankers can keep pocketing bonuses. 

"We need to make a really big change: from an economy built on debt to an economy built on savings" - David Camoron Jan 2009
"Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed" - George Osborne Jan 2009
- So what do Camoron & Osborne do? Print money and leave interest rates at 0.5% when inflation is over 5%

If it is asserted that civilization is a real advance in the condition of man -- and I think that it is, though only the wise improve their advantages -- it must be shown that it has produced better dwellings without making them more costly; and the cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.
http://classiclit.ab...en-Part-2_4.htm

I want to tell you my secret now.... I see debt people

#1592 redwine

redwine

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

Don't know if it's been posted earlier but there's a chap here not very happy about France.

I had a look at your link and well lets face he is not at all happy.
I checked out the first round election results in his village and marine le pen came second with 25,68% of the votes .
The problem with his blog or website is that it turns into French bashing .
He says that you should never visit or buy anything French and he goes on and on about his war.
Just for the info theres a watchdog group who monitor and document anti-french activity and have been since 2003.
They are based on the French islands of St Pierre et Miquelon 25 kms from Canada.
Not the gvt but just for academic reasons you can visit there achives section.
They monitor the USA and Canada there media news politics and french bashing on youtube.
I like there french bashing traffic light green low to red severe.
Theres a group on twitter called french haters maybe he should join them.

#1593 picnic

picnic

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

In my backwards, still-medieval little town of Les Arcs, in France where there are people without
mains water, sewers, mains gas, and mains electricity , ( some without 3 of these )

Some people are not happy all the time!
However when starting this post it was just to discuss prices and their direction.
I love the french and believe it is a great place to buy a house at a reasonable price
If I thought it would attract rubbish like the site mentioned I would never have started it.
I'm sure the majority of the people living in France are very happy to be there and enjoy the culture.

#1594 Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,764 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Some people are not happy all the time!
However when starting this post it was just to discuss prices and their direction.
I love the french and believe it is a great place to buy a house at a reasonable price
If I thought it would attract rubbish like the site mentioned I would never have started it.
I'm sure the majority of the people living in France are very happy to be there and enjoy the culture.

I didn't mean for anyone to take it literally as if it applied to the country as a whole. Getting problems with the people next-door could happen in any country.

I thought it might amuse redwine.

Democorruptcy
If you say "Democorruptcy" quickly, it sounds a bit like "Democracy". In a "Democracy" people vote for politicians who represent their interests. In the UK's "Democorruptcy" people can only vote for expense fiddling thieving MPs who are in the hip pocket of big business and the finance sector.

Governbankment
A "Governbankment" is a Government that has no line between itself and banks. It diverts public money (our taxes) to private companies (banks). George Osborne's Help to Buy Bail Banks, will see our taxes go to bankers to cover their losses on mortgages that default. The UK's Governbankment will even pay bankers "reasonable repossession fees" on Help to Bail Bank mortgages that default.

The Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS) is stealing from savers to make them pay for crimes by bankers. Via lower interest on savings, all the bank fines for PPI, LIBOR, interest rates swaps, etc. are being paid by savers so that bankers can keep pocketing bonuses. 

"We need to make a really big change: from an economy built on debt to an economy built on savings" - David Camoron Jan 2009
"Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed" - George Osborne Jan 2009
- So what do Camoron & Osborne do? Print money and leave interest rates at 0.5% when inflation is over 5%

If it is asserted that civilization is a real advance in the condition of man -- and I think that it is, though only the wise improve their advantages -- it must be shown that it has produced better dwellings without making them more costly; and the cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.
http://classiclit.ab...en-Part-2_4.htm

I want to tell you my secret now.... I see debt people

#1595 picnic

picnic

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

I think Red wine will indeed find it something to get his teeth into...

As we get into the season for brits looking for properties I offer the following...

There are plenty of properties on the market in the Lot and Dordogne region at present.
The cheap stuff will move eventually, but just make offers at 30% below to flush out sellers at the higher price levels.

Apart from the current rain it is a great place to live.!

Paris has dropped a little in the last 3 months .......I would wait for further price drops, a credit downgrade ( of France, ) and ( a possile ) further improvement in the exchange rate
before making an offer on anything.

Actually my current advice would be to rent a house for a year in your chosen area and then start looking.

#1596 redwine

redwine

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

I think Red wine will indeed find it something to get his teeth into...

Apart from the current rain it is a great place to live.!

Its very easy to look for and to find the French haters on the web.
His site is a copy conform of an American anti-French website.
The neighbours problem is nothing more than an excuse to let loose his "francophobia" with what seems to me to be a long term "anti-french obsession".
French Bashing comes in many different forms.
Anti-French websites and today twitter groups.
Anti-French politicans.
Anti-French journalists and columists.
Anti-French comedians and writers.
" " books and there authors.
" " TV reporters and presenters.
" " business and economic leaders.
" " youtube videos.

As i have already mentioned there is a site that keeps an eye on them.
They are quoted, documented and archived and if its possible there photos are put into the "photo gallery of know international french haters".

Talking about the weather expect some severe French bashing next Sunday its election day.

#1597 Suricate

Suricate

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

Hello,

This is my first post to this forum, forgive me if my english isn't very good but... i'm french (nobody's perfect).

The situation in France is quite similar to the English one : we have a big housing bubble. During the last 10 years the wages raised 40% when the house prices did 140%.

Posted Image

Many young workers (the "Primo accédants") that want to buy a first house can't do it by themselves, even with a good situation. In many cases they are excluded of city centers or need to loan for 25-30 years.

Our bubble is ready to explode but it will take years to return to normal.

#1598 swissy_fit

swissy_fit

HPC Guru

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,523 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

I had a look.
He's a bit bitter but isn't entirely wrong in his comments.
I'd never buy anything in France where there was nearby land that might end up being used for something disagreeable, the whole culture is based around "copinage" so if the offender is friends with the mayor or police or both, you've no chance of redress. It's worth noting he seems to have had as much trouble with other expats as with the French.
In England, towns and their atmosphere and underlying culture vary, the same is true of France. What do you think a French person would say if he happened to settle by accident in, say, Burnley? Pick a bad French town/village where a significant minority of the population view foreigners as sub-human scum to be exploited as much as possible(most Le Pen voters and quite a few others will come into this category IMO) and well, you're not going to have a good time.

Edited by swissy_fit, 02 May 2012 - 11:11 AM.

If you want to know what the next political move will be, ask yourself what will suit the banks, and behold, the answer will come to you.

The Credit Crunch :
The logical financial outcome is deflation. The logical political outcome is inflation. (Thanks to Injin 21st Sept 2008)

#1599 redwine

redwine

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

Our bubble is ready to explode but it will take years to return to normal.

I see that you have posted one of the four Friggit Graphs for last March.
Although the data that he shows is actually six months old.
Just looking at his graph the blue line for province has stopped rising also the black line for France is no longer going up its only Ile de France and Paris that are still rising
Having said only slightly.
This is his geography graph it does not show prices when compared to average income against total sales transactions.
What this graph really shows are asking prices.
His graph called "prix de logements et montant des ventes" or" property prices and shown sales figures" is the only graph that really counts.
The one with the black line and the green line.
The problem with Friggit is the fact that he is incapable of showing the real prices that property was bought and sold for.
Next June's and September's updates will be interesting.
I like his own disclaimer on his site that says that his graphs are just his own personal views.

#1600 redwine

redwine

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

I'd never buy anything in France where there was nearby land that might end up being used for something disagreeable, the whole culture is based around "copinage" so if the offender is friends with the mayor or police or both, you've no chance of redress.

In England, towns and their atmosphere and underlying culture vary, the same is true of France. What do you think a French person would say if he happened to settle by accident in, say, Burnley?

You are always taking a risk when buying property abroad.
Nobody forced him or made him buy his house in his choosen village.
It would also be impossible to know if lets say ten years after buying your property.
The local council decided to demolish it so that they could build a car-park.
Which is today the case of a frenchman that i know.
Although he did not create a website full of hatred against the local council also he and his wife and the kids do not want to leave.
I am sure that if a frenchman did the same in Burnley then the locals would all be voting for the BNP.

#1601 davidg

davidg

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

You are always taking a risk when buying property abroad.

or anywhere.

In most communes there is a town plan (PLU) with zoning for industry, shops, residential but of course PLU can be revised by the council. You are reasonably safe buying in the middle of a residential area where all the current land is already developed although you have no right to a view in France, so a neighbour could put another story on his house blocking your view of the Eiffel tower, or whatever. The recent change to the COS rules also lets people add 30% to their property.

If someone builds against the planning rules you need to take action in the local Tribunal Administratif but you'll need a good lawyer and even then getting any action enforced is extremely difficult.

#1602 greengreen

greengreen

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

Telegraph - France faces 40pc house price slump

France faces a property slump of Anglo-Saxon proportions as the frothiest boom in French history finally tips over, threatening the country with an economic shock just as austerity hits.

"It is a gigantic bubble, all the more dangerous as it is spread across France," said Pierre Sabatier, from the consultancy PrimeView.
"It reached a paroxysm in the summer of 2011. There is a mix of incredulity and denial as it starts to burst but there can be little doubt that all levers propelling the market are disappearing."

have a read, there are a lot of comments!

#1603 redwine

redwine

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

http://www.lavieimmo...-ans-14620.html

La Vie Immo.com
Les prix de l'immobilier pourraient chuter de 40% d'ici 10 ans.
The price of property could fall by 40% over the next ten years.

This is the French version of the Telegraph article dated the 27/4/12.
The article confirms what the Telegraph says although its not presented the same and it also mentions the role of the French g'vt with there tax reductions .
There are also a few links that are given one to an article about credit.
French banks will only lend to buyers who can pay the first 30% of there new property in cash.
No safe steady job otherwise no mortage will be granted.
A link is also given to the Paris notaries website that shows there predictions again price falls that have already but slowly started.
When it comes to primeview there is also a link but you cannot read there report unless you are prepared to pay 300 euros.
The readers comments all 41 of them when compared to the 150 or so comments on the Telegraph soon turn into insults.
Just like the Telegraph a few good comments and a lot of fighting .

#1604 redwine

redwine

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

http://www.sudouest....703859-3887.php

Meanwhile back in rural France far away from the world of the Telegraph and property life.

Sudouest south-west 3/5/12
Un secteur en devenir.
An activity to come.
The commune is attractive but the vendors often overvalue the price of there property with unrealistic prices that are not adapted to the local population.
Tonneins is today an attractive town and there's still a few buyers to be seen.
The town is not as morbid as it was ten years ago.Says an EA it also has a much better image than the nearby villages although there's not much work to be found.
Buying prices are between a 110K to 120K.
The town reflects local and national trends.
A first 2012 quarter shows price and sales falls of 5% to 7%.
The drops can be explained by high prices that are disconnected from reality.
A house put on the market for a 161K is finally sold for 137K.
The price falls are also intensified by the desertion of the english or the dutch.
Who are trying to sell today.
Old houses are far to expensive a couple who today can afford to buy an old house for a 120K might as well build a new house for a 136K.
An example a villa put up for sale price 300K sold for 225K.
Not forgetting that old property no longer benefits from the "zero % loans"and its difficult today to get a loan with a bank.
Prices are too high for the local population.

#1605 redwine

redwine

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

http://www.capital.f...hollande-718072

Capital 7/5/12
Logements les chantiers de François Hollande.
Homes the building sites of François Hollande.

This is one of many articles about what the future g'vt plans are with regards to the housing problem in France.

They plan to build 500,000 homes a year.
A 150,000 will be social or council homes.
Social housing quotas will be increased from 20% to 25%.
The French gvt will give its land for free to the local councils to build on.
Councils who today refuse to build social homes are fined this fine will be multiplied by five.
The livret A will be doubled going from 15,300 to 30,600 euros.
New CGT tax increases on landowners who refuse to sell land for building homes.
Today the higher the prices the less tax they pay this will be reversed.
Rents will be regulated to stop landlords who once a tenant leaves the new tenant often finds that he is paying a higher rent than the previous.
This will work by geographic rents lets say an area that on average is 18 euros m2 .
The landlord will not be able to charge 25euros m2.
This seems to be the basic programme for the new g'vt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users