31 replies to this topic

#16 mikeymadman

mikeymadman

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

"But it must be worth £250k. One down the street went for £2xxk, and I've spent a lot doing mine up..."

#17 DementedTuna

DementedTuna

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:51 AM

Ugh!

The lounge looks like it doubles as a hairdressers, the kitchen as some sort of catering operation and...heaven knows what sort of business the bedroom is being used for! :blink:

Somehow the grannified property with floral wallpaper, boudoir bathrooms and loud carpets doesn't seem so bad after seeing that!

Those black floor tiles are standard on ex-LA flats, horrible looking things.

#18 waitingandsaving

waitingandsaving

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:39 AM

Woah!! It looks very different without the eccentric furnishings to give it an excuse to look like that... and is that a microwave in a very low spot in the kitchen?

I'm presuming if they've moved out, and the plants are still green, that they're artificial ones. I'd been so impressed that they managed to keep them all looking so well in those pots - obviously I was wrong!

The more I look, the more I see what's wrong with it - that furniture really did disguise all that was wrong with the property - there are pale pink ruched curtains with burgandy and gold swaga and tails, with yellow and pinkish walls with burgundy dado rails - and on top of that, there's the carpet, and a lot of clashing terracota brickwork! Not to mention that now it's pretty easy to tell that it's a bit of an odd place to have a fireplace... did I miss anything?

Well spotted Ianbe - that's the problem with re-listings, you can't follow the real price changes, unless alternative records are kept. Can't wait to see what it finally sells for.

#19 Tankus

Tankus

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:15 AM

all it needs is a bit of paint .... so what

I like the glass atrium

#20 waitingandsaving

waitingandsaving

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:02 PM

Link to the property with photos showing it furnished
It's still on for £250k with Wm H Bn

#21 waitingandsaving

waitingandsaving

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:22 AM

It's not like you can even use the bathroom (well, the shower) particularly easily if you're not disabled...

That is very sad - disillusioned seller who has probably been told they've got a niche property, but they don't realise that there's probably not that much of a market for it either.

#22 waitingandsaving

waitingandsaving

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:09 AM

It really does! I was clicking on the link, thinking "well, that'll increase the value by a bit, as it'll save a job that needs doing once bought..." but actually, it's not much of an improvment. I see they haven't updated the picture of the back of the house.

The owners really like making bold colour statements don't they?!

#23 MattW

MattW

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:51 PM

I actually quite like that place! B) I love the kitchen and the bathroom with its funky red tiles.

Agreed, the mint green looks crap and its still green at the back of the bungalow. Repaint this and replace the blue living room and bedroom carpets and I'd be quite happy living there! :)
Insecure Tenant

#24 waitingandsaving

waitingandsaving

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:41 PM

Unfortunately, I'm already busy then.... However, if I wasn't I would have offered to bring the mulled wine in a flask, to check out the garden room to see if it was adequate for my entertaining purposes (!)

Obviously I would be suggesting an HPC flash mob Christmas Party at their open house :D

#25 MattW

MattW

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:00 PM

I would have thought £210k would be on the button for that property. Its quite a large place with plenty of rooms for entertaining.

I suppose peeps who have viewed it and have offered have been putting in low-ish offers as its going to cost a heck of a lot of money to de-personalise the place and put in a proper bath in the 'shower room'.
Insecure Tenant

#26 MattW

MattW

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:15 PM

Certainly looks like its owned by an arty type person.

Did anyone ever see that Channel 4 programme called "Selling Houses" a few years back where desparate vendors could not sell their homes because of the dated or ghastly décor? This house would certainly be a candidate.
Insecure Tenant

#27 MattW

MattW

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:20 PM

Here's a new contender - an absolutely ma-hoosive house with a country pub interior!

Eighties- we're living in the eighties!
Insecure Tenant

#28 up2late

up2late

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:49 PM

Here's a new contender - an absolutely ma-hoosive house with a country pub interior!

Eighties- we're living in the eighties!

That house reminds me of:

Posted Image

#29 MattW

MattW

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:46 AM

ex-council house
Posted Image

This house is nick nack central! :o In fact, both the interior AND exterior are quite bizarre for a house that was once built to home a working class family. :D
Probably bought from the council for about £10-15k around 30 years ago, the owners found themselves with more disposable income than taste so opened a loyalty account with the local garden centres. :lol:

(Please don't be too kind about the location as my folks live a few roads away! ;) ).
Insecure Tenant

#30 MattW

MattW

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:56 PM

Incidentally, this made me chuckle:

Posted Image

A warning to buyers if ever one was needed. Rightmove link

Oh dear. :D So much for the lazy Sunday morning washing down the car in the front garden. :rolleyes:
Insecure Tenant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users