6 replies to this topic

#1 tehlam3

tehlam3

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:42 PM

hi, here some pictures from glasgow taken today, they are pretty crappy quality though ...

Attached File  IMAGE_016_edit2.JPG   114.49KB   330 downloads
Attached File  IMAGE_021_6.jpg   134.32KB   342 downloads

#2 sophia

sophia

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:37 PM

hi, here some pictures from glasgow taken today, they are pretty crappy quality though ...

Attached File  IMAGE_016_edit2.JPG   114.49KB   330 downloads
Attached File  IMAGE_021_6.jpg   134.32KB   342 downloads

nice,where are the properties in the bottom picture located?

#3 tehlam3

tehlam3

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:57 PM

they are located in milbrae road, langside, g42 if i'm not mistaken

#4 lucy2308

lucy2308

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:06 AM

But there is no CRASH in Scotland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#5 rizzyk

rizzyk

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:07 PM

yea so they keep telling us, ive been keeping an eye on property prices in the southside as im looking to buy my 1st HOME next year if things go as planned ---------- prices go downwards and if im able to save a big enough deposit.

according to the places im looking at prices are only going to go down next year, as some have already dropped their asking prices by asmuch as 10,000 - 15,000 already. still too expensive for my liking.

#6 iamdamosuzuki

iamdamosuzuki

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:10 PM

yea so they keep telling us, ive been keeping an eye on property prices in the southside as im looking to buy my 1st HOME next year if things go as planned ---------- prices go downwards and if im able to save a big enough deposit.

according to the places im looking at prices are only going to go down next year, as some have already dropped their asking prices by asmuch as 10,000 - 15,000 already. still too expensive for my liking.

BTW those houses are next to me - they're retirement flats. I remember at the time, must have been a flurry of deaths.

Some good price drops, but slightly further out than Shawlands / Langside. Still a way to go in the Shawlands area. Not because the market is supporting it, although there are a few idiots about, but because vendors are refusing to drop prices. IMO the tenement flats are incredibly overpriced, still.

http://www.rightmove...y-15846411.html :o

........unsustainable.
We have got into the habit of admiring colossal bandits, whose opulence is revered by the entire world, yet whose existence, once we stop to examine it, proves to be one long crime repeated ad infinitum, but those same bandits are heaped with glory, honors, and power, their crimes are hallowed by the law of the land, whereas, as far back in history as the eye can see -- and history, as you know, is my business -- everything conspires to show that a venial theft, especially of inglorious foodstuffs, such as bread crusts, ham, or cheese, unfailingly subjects its perpetrator to irreparable opprobium, the automatic dishonor, and inexpiable shame, and this for two reasons, first because the perpetrator of such an offense is usually poor, which in itself connotes basic unworthiness, and secondly because his act implies, as it were, a tacit reproach to the community. - Celine

#7 stillill

stillill

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:51 AM

Frankfort St has gone way downhill in the last few years. My gran lives opposite that one in the link, elderly, many neighbours passing away and the offspring renting the flats to all-comers - 3 of 6 flats in her close are now rented, neighbours being flooded repeatedly and landlords doing f-all, rubbish on the streets, antisocial folk in some cases though not all. Same story all over no doubt, but Shawlands has descended into a veritable sh1thole, definitely accelerated in the last 2/3 years. And I have known it 30+ years. I'd want to know that everyone in my close was an owner-occupier if I was buying.

Used to be somewhere to live if you couldn't afford the West End

ps the ground floor flat in that pic was up for sale about 3 years ago at the peak, and had been on market for 18-24months at that point iirc. Apropos nothing really, just the seller (a painter and decorator) held on for some absolute muppet to pay their asking price.

I looked 6 years ago in this area and thought it was overpriced/unaffordable to a debt-free professional.

Edited by stillill, 01 December 2010 - 11:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users