192 replies to this topic

#181 OzzMosiz

OzzMosiz

Work to live, don't live to work

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:39 AM

Wig, indeed. Thing is, for that sort of price you could buy a really nice place in a neigbouring village with 4-5 bedrooms and a lot of land for a similar price.
WRITE TO YOUR MP @ http://www.writetothem.com/

There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

~ Richard Feynman (1918 to 1988)

#182 pokissimo

pokissimo

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:37 PM

Wig, indeed. Thing is, for that sort of price you could buy a really nice place in a neigbouring village with 4-5 bedrooms and a lot of land for a similar price.

The house is in Lakeside...people do want to pay a premium for 30's built houses against the 80's or later developments...so I'm not surprised its on for more than 250...415 is ridiculous, though...

Its on with Henry George - who are often...generous in their initial valuations. Thus they have cornered a chunk of the market in lakeside/lawn/broome manor/old town (especially the downsizers who dont "need" to sell). Their playbook goes like this...

1) Offer Highest valuation:
2) Put house on at laughable price after getting instruction:
3) After 4/6 weeks: push to reduce by 20K (or 10% seems to be another route)
4) keep pushing

then either
a) House sells to other person who is selling with Henry George...3 months passes and Chain falls over...
B) House goes dual agency or moves to other agent.

I've noticed that there has been a pretty broad cut of 10-20K off asking prices around that area though - the 2007+ asking prices have faded away, and we seem to be heading back towards mid-2008 asking. Stuff isn't shifting above 200...

#183 pokissimo

pokissimo

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

The house is in Lakeside...people do want to pay a premium for 30's built houses against the 80's or later developments...so I'm not surprised its on for more than 250...415 is ridiculous, though...

Its on with Henry George - who are often...generous in their initial valuations. Thus they have cornered a chunk of the market in lakeside/lawn/broome manor/old town (especially the downsizers who dont "need" to sell). Their playbook goes like this...

1) Offer Highest valuation:
2) Put house on at laughable price after getting instruction:
3) After 4/6 weeks: push to reduce by 20K (or 10% seems to be another route)
4) keep pushing

then either
a) House sells to other person who is selling with Henry George...3 months passes and Chain falls over...
B) House goes dual agency or moves to other agent.

I've noticed that there has been a pretty broad cut of 10-20K off asking prices around that area though - the 2007+ asking prices have faded away, and we seem to be heading back towards mid-2008 asking. Stuff isn't shifting above 200...

Looks like they've pulled it from the market!

#184 mhifoe

mhifoe

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

I've looked at a couple of places recently, with a view to buying in the town centre.
Most of it is still woefully overpriced, but there are now a few well placed 3 beds with nice gardens around 125k.
These were going for about 160k at peak.

Some people are listing 3 beds in old town above 200k :lol:

#185 CatNewHome

CatNewHome

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • About Me:Swimming, Saxophone, Walking, Financial matters, Property News

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:43 AM

Hi, I can talk to you in private please? Is regarding a property in Cirencester.

Take care

#186 OzzMosiz

OzzMosiz

Work to live, don't live to work

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:04 AM

Hi, I can talk to you in private please? Is regarding a property in Cirencester.

Take care

sure thing. PM me (for the record I couldn't PM you! ?)
WRITE TO YOUR MP @ http://www.writetothem.com/

There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

~ Richard Feynman (1918 to 1988)

#187 CatNewHome

CatNewHome

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • About Me:Swimming, Saxophone, Walking, Financial matters, Property News

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:42 AM

Sorry, I just sent you the same request

I will PM you!

Thanks

#188 Wig

Wig

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

Busy times at Dewhurst and co!!

http://www.rightmove...STC=on&index=10

Of course 18 (Eighteen) properties went Sold SSTC in the past 24 hours. Desperate idiots.

:blink:

Edited by Wig, 16 February 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#189 mhifoe

mhifoe

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

Interesting price history on this 3 bed terrace in the town centre that sold recently.

27 Apr 2012 Terraced, Freehold 117,500 Land Registry
20 Jul 2007 Terraced, Freehold 140,000 Land Registry
22 Jul 2003 Terraced, Freehold 122,000 Land Registry
31 Jul 2001 Terraced, Freehold 80,000 Land Registry

#190 Asheron

Asheron

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • About Me:As an investor, you know that any kind of investment opportunity has its risks, and investing in Stocks or Precious Metals is highly speculative. All of the content I post is for informational purposes only.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

Interesting price history on this 3 bed terrace in the town centre that sold recently.

27 Apr 2012 Terraced, Freehold 117,500 Land Registry
20 Jul 2007 Terraced, Freehold 140,000 Land Registry
22 Jul 2003 Terraced, Freehold 122,000 Land Registry
31 Jul 2001 Terraced, Freehold 80,000 Land Registry

2001 to 2003 wow a lot can happen in 2 years!

2012 to 2014 we might be down another 40,000 ?
Max Keiser --- http://maxkeiser.com/
Peter David Schiff --- http://www.europac.net/
Gerald Celente --- http://www.geraldcelente.com/
Jim Rogers --- http://www.jimrogers.com/
Bob Chapman --- http://www.theintern...om/Bob_Chapman/

Investors should abide by money management principals & never risk more than they can afford to lose.
There are No guarantees when investing in the Stock Market or Precious Metals. You might lose all your money and cry.

#191 Buccaneer

Buccaneer

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:18 AM

Flats in Oakhurst with no onward chain / mortgagee in possession appear to be selling at between 50% and 60% of original sale prices. A two bed flat for 75k to 80k which might attract a rental of 5k to 6k pa would seem to be a reasonable proposition.

Any views?

#192 swissy_fit

swissy_fit

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

Flats in Oakhurst with no onward chain / mortgagee in possession appear to be selling at between 50% and 60% of original sale prices. A two bed flat for 75k to 80k which might attract a rental of 5k to 6k pa would seem to be a reasonable proposition.

Any views?

10% is the benchmark yield, I believe, or used to be.
Lots of hidden costs in letting.
You need to insure against getting a bad tenant, for a start.
That said, interest rates are v. low.
If you want to know what the next political move will be, ask yourself what will suit the banks, and behold, the answer will come to you.

The Credit Crunch :
The logical financial outcome is deflation. The logical political outcome is inflation. (Thanks to Injin 21st Sept 2008)

#193 Toddo

Toddo

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • About Me:Star trek online, Gym, IC circuit design,
    working long hours

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Well, here we are fellow Swindon peeps. 2013! Happy new Year,

Are we where we thought we would be regarding house prices? My personal situation has improved abit. so i am hoping 2013 is a good time to buy.
Happily Abstaining from buying a house just to feel like im making a contribution

Statistics: Been saving for 8 years, Waiting for the Crash. Saved a 50% deposit so far. Written my own fiscial spreadsheets for mortgages, numbers reveal ~500 per month repayment over 25 years. ~1500 over 6 years. Still very bearish.....

Why am I one of the few of my generation and amongst my friends that aren't drowning in debt??
I am the first of my generation to pay tutition fees....8 years later, I'm still paying it off. 10% of my Gross Salary every month. making me effectively paying an extra 10% tax. Grrrrr...you wont see that reported in the news!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users