ManVsRecession

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

Welcome esspeegee and ManVsRecession.

I don't envy either of you living in London at the moment. :lol:

Are either of you going to see any of the Olympic events?

Actually London's been deathly quiet for the last few days, though it finally seems to be picking up. I didn't bother applying for any tickets as I'm on a tight budget trying to save what I can. I'm enjoying it on telly like everyone else!

Thanks for the welcome and looking forward to participating!

#1607 Jail Them All

Jail Them All

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

Apologies All, I too forgot to quote here, after lurking for quite a while.

live in the North and currently renting after STR (was very lucky to get out in time). Travel around a lot with my work (Comms) and usually get a room close to where the job is.

Currently comfortable, but seeing a huge downturn in work availability, not good to be a contractor at the moment.

My main beef is watching the exposure of the disgusting frauds etc and the culprits receiving a slap on the wrist, and the blatant misuse of taxpayers money.

Good to be able to join the discussion!

JTA

#1608 hotairmail

hotairmail

Tired of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,841 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

Morning all.

Oy - you're not new. No good pretending.

"The chicken is radiating disorder out into the wider universe."

#1609 SerialLurker

SerialLurker

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

Oops, forgot to post here first! Hello people :) Been lurking on this forum for a long time. Currently renting (v. cheaply), but the place needs work. Luckily we enjoy a bit of DIY, and it's good practice for when we eventually buy a 'fixyuppy' ourselves! Both of us are over 40, so that makes 25 year mortgages a bit tricky. Patiently waiting for prices to slide gracefully southwards so we can get something half-decent, and building our deposit in the meantime.

#1610 LAw

LAw

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Oops, forgot to post here first! Hello people :) Been lurking on this forum for a long time. Currently renting (v. cheaply), but the place needs work. Luckily we enjoy a bit of DIY, and it's good practice for when we eventually buy a 'fixyuppy' ourselves! Both of us are over 40, so that makes 25 year mortgages a bit tricky. Patiently waiting for prices to slide gracefully southwards so we can get something half-decent, and building our deposit in the meantime.

Sorry, I forgot too!:) Happy Crashy...

#1611 Ealing53

Ealing53

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hi new member here. As the moniker implies I live in Ealing in West London and joined the forum because house prices behaviour is utterly frustrating where I live. The prices of flats are coming down, yet those of 3 bed+ houses are increasing so people cannot move up the ladder anymore.

#1612 Slazanger

Slazanger

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

Hi All,

Finally decided to sign up after about 6 years of lurking.. sold my house and left the UK for Canada in 2008 for work reasons.. then after watching the industry collapse on the west coast moved to Australia... waiting for the right time to move home :)

Slaz.

#1613 Herve

Herve

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

hello!

new member - obviously - renting in Harrow and looking to buy at sensible price in the south east (a mathematical impossibility) before the currency reset wipes my savings off.

In the patch where I rent, an number of houses are well in the 7 figures. I can't help but wonder everyday how is it possible to find so many buyers at those level. No obvious foreign millionaire either, as I can tell by the people coming out of it.

#1614 Geologic8

Geologic8

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:24 AM

Greater London is now at a huge, huge premium to the rest of the UK.

It must be a great time to sell out, and move elsewhere

#1615 鲍安德

鲍安德

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

Despite appearances, I am not Chinese, but I recently returned to the UK after spending a number of years in Hong Kong.

#1616 SuperChimp

SuperChimp

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

Despite appearances, I am not Chinese, but I recently returned to the UK after spending a number of years in Hong Kong.

Welcome to the forum. B)

Does your name mean something really cool or is it just the name of your favorite restaurant?

How are house prices in Hong Kong and do you plan on staying in the UK for some time?

#1617 鲍安德

鲍安德

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:03 AM

Welcome to the forum. B)

Does your name mean something really cool or is it just the name of your favorite restaurant?

How are house prices in Hong Kong and do you plan on staying in the UK for some time?

Boringly it's just my Chinese name that was put on my namecards.

House prices in HK are about as out of reach as they are in London.

My current plan is to stay put for a few years.

baoande

#1618 Homance

Homance

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hi - I've been lurking for sometime. Am happily surprised to see such an active community. I am one of the lucky ones - because of my age. We bought years ago, with the help of easy access to finance, reasonable house prices etc. It is tragic to see the younger generation, with the same opportunities we had, to be locked out of homeownership. Someone on average earnings should expect to be able to own their own home. I look forward to contributing.

#1619 bmf

bmf

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

Hi All,

Finally decided to sign up after about 6 years of lurking.. sold my house and left the UK for Canada in 2008 for work reasons.. then after watching the industry collapse on the west coast moved to Australia... waiting for the right time to move home :)

Slaz.

Hi. How is Canada? Considering going to Montreal. I know prices in Vancouver are nuts. Thoughts?

#1620 hans kammler

hans kammler

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

Hello,

been a bit of a lurker on here, since I found hpc theres been barely a day go by without me having to check in on this site and its forum.
Such a wealth of information, experience and humour,absolutely love this site.

Thought it was about time I got off my ass and posted, looks like some of the posts are dealing with properdees in my neck of the woods (hampshire)
Am a renter, 31 years old, married and hoping one day me and the missus can get a place of our own one day without having to seriously indebt ourselves, saving hard, and do not intend on funding some old gits champagne and cruise liner retirement.
work in the marine industry for a large luxury motor yacht builder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users