#1 right_freds_dead

right_freds_dead

northern scum

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,560 posts
  • About Me:Tin Foil

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:28 AM

the bill for the bank bailouts to each taxpayer is....

NR £3k,
RBS £2k

looking at this another way, thats £5k of working hours pay per taxpayer. with an average wage thats around 3 months work.
thats 3 months work and pay to support a private business with a failed plan based on poor choices and greed.

this is effectively conscription by the government.
every taxpayer has been forced to work 900 hard hours for a bank.

gentlemen. we have been had over.
i am boethius. author of the consolation of philosophy. it is my belief that fortune is a wheel. inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel. rise up on my spokes if you like, but dont complain when your cast back down into the depths. good times pass away, but then so do the bad. mutability is our tragedy, but its also our hope. the worst of the times, like the best. are always passing away.

#2 Guest_DissipatedYouthIsValuable_*

Guest_DissipatedYouthIsValuable_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:33 AM

NR £3k,
RBS £2k

looking at this another way, thats £5k of working hours pay per taxpayer. with an average wage thats around 3 months work.
thats 3 months work and pay to support a private business with a failed plan based on poor choices and greed.

Vote with your feet. It's the only thing they understand.

#3 right_freds_dead

right_freds_dead

northern scum

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,560 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:35 AM

im voting with my tax.

im going to get my liabilities so low ill be claiming tax credits.
all legal.
i am boethius. author of the consolation of philosophy. it is my belief that fortune is a wheel. inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel. rise up on my spokes if you like, but dont complain when your cast back down into the depths. good times pass away, but then so do the bad. mutability is our tragedy, but its also our hope. the worst of the times, like the best. are always passing away.

#4 Guest_DissipatedYouthIsValuable_*

Guest_DissipatedYouthIsValuable_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:37 AM

im voting with my tax.

all legal.

Do you need help with getting pregnant?

#5 right_freds_dead

right_freds_dead

northern scum

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,560 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:42 AM

you can pay yourself an incredibly low wage on paper and go on to claim as such until value returns to being a taxpayer.
ts the same as saving. i can even claim a further discount of poll tax. as a low earner i will get the support of other taxpayers while business earnings go into my personal pot.

#6 jimmy_joe

jimmy_joe

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:37 AM

you can pay yourself an incredibly low wage on paper and go on to claim as such until value returns to being a taxpayer.
ts the same as saving. i can even claim a further discount of poll tax. as a low earner i will get the support of other taxpayers while business earnings go into my personal pot.

IR35?

#7 Sofa Spud

Sofa Spud

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:03 PM

Conscription means someone standing over you telling orders at you in a hostile environment. I don't see anybody being forced to work in a Michelin star restaurant kitchen, do you?

#8 Nicolaj

Nicolaj

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:07 PM

im voting with my tax.

all legal.

good for you...lets hope more will take this stand.

9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Rev 2

You may fool all the people some of the time, you can even fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time. A LincolnĒ

#9 Injin

Injin

I live on HPC!

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,165 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:07 PM

im voting with my tax.

all legal.

http://sniggle.net/Experiment/

Like most Americans, I supported the government and its war ó I can
look at an old W2 form to see just how much.
I didnít want to support the government, but my opposition was
only an opinion while my support was in dollars and cents.

Finally I decided that refusing moral support isnít enough.
To follow my conscience I have to put my money where my mouth is.

When the invasion of Iraq began, I stopped paying federal income tax and
started working for my values instead of against them. I quit my job and
deliberately reduced my income to the point where I no longer owe federal
income tax. I transformed my life, concentrating on what really matters, so
that I can live well and securely on a lower income.

Some useful ideas here how you can not pay taxes by alternative/frugal living.
My Blog

Find the right answer, realise you'll never see it in your lifetime, and then advocate it anyway because it's the right answer.

You've got to settle for second, third of fourth best in day to day life more often than not. There is no reason to accept anything but the best in your thinking, however. The only real personal issue is it requires you to completely give up on the idea that you will ever be all that free yourself. Accepting you can do nothing to sway tens of millions of people with muddleheaded notions any time soon is the first step to actually fixing stuff properly.

Ty, Shipbuilder.

#10 stormymonday_2011

stormymonday_2011

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,203 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:10 PM

If you do not like what is going on you can always follow the advice of Denninger over at the Market Ticker.

# Next, take direct action. Go to Sam's Club and buy a safe. Go to Lowes and buy a hammerdrill and 4 lead anchors plus bolts. These two items will cost you less than $200. Go home and mount your new safe to the floor. You now have your own "bank" and while it pays no interest, neither does your bank right now anyway, does it?
# Now, on each and every payday, go directly to your bank and withdraw the entire direct deposited amount of your paycheck less $100, just to keep your account open. Put the money in your safe. By doing this you are depriving the system of the money to keep playing their game. You are staging a strike against the fraud and corruption in our financial system in a way that hurts them, but not you. Every dollar you pull out of the system like this deprives the very same system of $10 to play its fraudulent games with due to the way fractional reserve banking works. Its your money, and you're fueling the fraud. Grow a pair and take away the gas can from the arsonists who are burning up your 401k and wallet!

http://market-ticker...at-clanked.html

While governments and financial institutions control your money they will continue to screw you
The certainty of misery is preferable to the the misery of uncertainty

#11 Sinking Feeling

Sinking Feeling

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:32 PM

NR £3k,
RBS £2k

Don't worry, we only have to pay the interest on the national debt, that means that at 5% interest the taxpayer will pay this amount over 14 years in interest payments alone and still not have paid a penny towards the principle (and so on and so forth in perpetuity!)
People take part in the ups and downs of popular feeling not only as entrepreneurs but also as savers and consumers. In the boom they confidently put their savings in the illiquid form of securities and mortgages while in the depression they hold them mistrustfully on demand deposit at the banks. It is of special significance that the bankers themselves are also subject to the psychological ebb and flow. So it is that in the boom, infected by the general ardent optimism, they loosen the reins of their credit policy, sift less strictly the demands for credit, look less fastidiously at collateral, overestimate the productivity of the credits they grant and are satisfied with less liquidity. In the depression the memory of the sins of the boom, and the " frozen credits " with which they atone for these sins, cause the banks to fix the most extreme requirements for their liquidity and to subordinate to this all other considerations.

Wilhelm Ropke 1931

In the summer of 1931 a Labour Government suddenly sagged at its knees and fell dead. High Finance had killed it as High Finance will kill the next Labour Government, and the next again............

Excerpt from The Financiers and the Nation, Thomas Johnston, 1934

#12 InternationalRockSuperstar

InternationalRockSuperstar

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,179 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

Conscription means someone standing over you telling orders at you in a hostile environment. I don't see anybody being forced to work in a Michelin star restaurant kitchen, do you?

Try not paying you council tax. See how long it takes for them to throw you in prison.

#13 Leonard Hatred

Leonard Hatred

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,981 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:50 PM

Try not paying you council tax. See how long it takes for them to throw you in prison.

They're full!

#14 DabHand

DabHand

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:07 PM

No, amazingly they always find space for a non paying pastor or OAP. Fact.
'In order to stop men with guns stealing 50% of your income, you must give 50% of your income to men with guns'

Financial Innovation = Obfuscation of fraudulent practices.

"A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul." George Bernard Shaw

How can Britain compete internationally when the expense of a worker includes the astronomical cost of housing them?

#15 jimmy_joe

jimmy_joe

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:41 PM

http://sniggle.net/Experiment/
Some useful ideas here how you can not pay taxes by alternative/frugal living.

Do they also have resources for which companies to avoid if we want to minimize human suffering, or do they just hate the guvmnt? End the profits, end the war: http://www.lexrex.co...arisaracket.htm

I just celebrated Jesus's Easter victory over death, so I won't pay for killing... I love America but I love Jesus and humanity more.

I'd have more respect if he left Jesus out of it.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Matthew 10:34

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users