Probably means it won'r be on iplayer then :(

#32 DinosaursAreAwesome

DinosaursAreAwesome

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:27 PM

Additionally, when is David Cameron going to pull his finger out and ask some searching questions in PMQ's. Maybe tomorrow?

Brown's mis-management off the economy will go down in infamy. Watching him on the news earlier with this stupid shared equity CRAP made my stomach turn.

Camerons is no fool: HPC is the ace up his sleeve, the tactical nuke in the silo, if you will. Using it to completely destroy Brown's facade of economic competance is the play that will win him the election and he knows it. However, he doesn't want to be seen calling the crash early, or talking the market down- the bears will do that for him. Since most people, unsurprisingly, are pro HPI he does not want to alienate them by implying that they are, well, idiots who should've known better. He gets maximum leverage out of this by waiting not for the writing to be on the wall (now) but blazing in the sky in hundred foot flaming script (at this rate maybe six months?). Then the time is right to remind the PM of that initial pledge as chancellor to 'not let house prices get of control' and basically start him on the path to being Britain's most hated political figure since EdwardII- and if we're lucky a similar fate awaits him!
Loose- the opposite of tight / Lose- the opposite of win. Every time you get it wrong I will kill a kitten. http://loseloose.com/

#33 W12

W12

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:11 PM

Drat. I was probably within a few cricket pitches of FP this evening, and I didn't realise it. If I had, I'd have quietly said hello, as an HPCer working in BBC News.

I wouldn't have offered him a coffee though; the stuff from the machine in the News 24 "green area" is vile.

At the risk of saying "I told you so", I did say on this site many, many months ago that the BBC would start to report house prices going down when the evidence started to show house prices going down. Tuesday 8th April 2008 was the day it happened.

#34 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

Ripened on the Diversity Vine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,333 posts
  • About Me:Im Bloo yabba dee yabba die.

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:29 AM

Drat. I was probably within a few cricket pitches of FP this evening, and I didn't realise it. If I had, I'd have quietly said hello, as an HPCer working in BBC News.

I wouldn't have offered him a coffee though; the stuff from the machine in the News 24 "green area" is vile.

At the risk of saying "I told you so", I did say on this site many, many months ago that the BBC would start to report house prices going down when the evidence started to show house prices going down. Tuesday 8th April 2008 was the day it happened.

You are absolutely correct. On R4 this morning, the chancellor got a griling from the BBC reporter. Rock and hard place was put to tthe Darling as Brown said yesterday that he would help House buyers and Home owners. Reporter said if he helps one, he hurts the other. Darling developed a stutter.

Darling has asked an FSA bod to report in the summer about how to stimulate mortgage lending.

Summarizing, the Political reported said that it seemd that the politicians wanted to help, realised the events were out of control and were now HOPING that things wont be as bad as they seem.

Well done the BBC
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you
do not keep up repayments
on a gilt or other loan secured on it

#35 Paddles

Paddles

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:35 AM

You are absolutely correct. On R4 this morning, the chancellor got a griling from the BBC reporter. Rock and hard place was put to tthe Darling as Brown said yesterday that he would help House buyers and Home owners. Reporter said if he helps one, he hurts the other. Darling developed a stutter.

Darling has asked an FSA bod to report in the summer about how to stimulate mortgage lending.

Summarizing, the Political reported said that it seemd that the politicians wanted to help, realised the events were out of control and were now HOPING that things wont be as bad as they seem.

Well done the BBC

By the time the report comes out the big drops will be locked and loaded. Even if the report came out next week they'd still struggle to spin the market back up.
"And thus the rule, supported by the experience of centuries; the speculative episode always ends, not with a whimper but with a bang."
J. K. Galbraith - A short history of financial euphoria

My blog from enemy territory

#36 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,333 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:44 AM

By the time the report comes out the big drops will be locked and loaded. Even if the report came out next week they'd still struggle to spin the market back up.

Yes its a words only action. No help whatsoever.

In same interview, chancellor said Brown was going to Wall Street in next couple of days to get them to say exactly how bad it is and to fess-up to the losses to come.

I wonder what theyll tell him?
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you

#37 babesagainstmachines

babesagainstmachines

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:00 AM

I'd have thought that was pretty obvious. Let houses get cheaper so theyr'e worth buying.

Edited by dazednconfused, 09 April 2008 - 08:00 AM.

#38 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,333 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:05 AM

I'd have thought that was pretty obvious. Let houses get cheaper so theyr'e worth buying.

yes, but why not waste 10m on a report? I mean, the FSA hasnt got much work on its plate at the moment, what with ignoring mortgage fraud, ignoring bank solvency and fining small insurance brokers for having the wrong words on their PPI crib sheet.

They need the work, and darling needs to be incharge :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you

#39 benj

benj

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:47 AM

Was I imagining things, or did he also say at one point that we have "historically low levels of debt"? :blink:
"In our highly complicated credit economy where every part of the system is connected with every other, directly or indirectly, by contractual bonds, every disturbance at one point spreads at once to others. If some banks -- those nerve centers where innumerable strands of credit relations come together -- are involved and become bankrupt, a wave of pessimism is bound to come: as a secondary phenomenon a credit deflation is likely to be the consequence of the general distrust and nervousness." - Gottfried Haberler, 1932

#40 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,333 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:28 AM

Was I imagining things, or did he also say at one point that we have "historically low levels of debt"? :blink:

He did. Davies went for the kill but Darling, the master at stuttering under pressure side stepped the issue.

Darling sounded to me a bit like the time whent they were defending the Iraque dossier. He is on a downhill slide.
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users