#31 SickofRenting

SickofRenting

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:02 PM

Flat Broke: Tonight ITV 1

Jonathan Maitland leads an investigation into the risks involved in buying houses with the intention of letting them out. The reporter learns that many landlords are struggling financially and unable to find either tenants or buyers for their properties, leaving many threatened with bankruptcy

All I could do was laugh
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o (breath intake) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Throughout the whole program.
Absolutely sympathy for the BLT'ers, the greedy TW@TS.
Woman with baby, did not do any research, what an absolute joke - absolutely no sympathy, the f**kwit - she deserves what's coming.

better get off my high horse before I fall off....
I'm not gay

#32 baserateisirrelevant

baserateisirrelevant

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:04 PM

They should do a follow up in six months.

The blonde bint will have had to accept that "silly" offer to stop bleeding 2g's a month. Makes me laugh she things the offers are "silly".

The bird with the kids will have to default, and will lose her home. She will get a council place no doubt.

On Panorama, the South Africans should just pack up and leave, that is what I would do.

#33 Jim B.

Jim B.

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:07 PM

I can't believe some people are so stupid, including Phil :lol:

Maitland was a bit smug though <_<

#34 baserateisirrelevant

baserateisirrelevant

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:10 PM

I can't believe some people are so stupid, including Phil :lol:

Maitland was a bit smug though <_<

He might be smug, but he called the market. Anything to make that c0ck phil spencer look an ****. Funny as feck.

#35 cyprinus

cyprinus

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:14 PM

Who on earth uses a ceramic tile-cutter over the head of their infant child?

#36 baserateisirrelevant

baserateisirrelevant

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:15 PM

Who on earth uses a ceramic tile-cutter over the head of their infant child?

Ha Ha Ha Ha

I completely missed that. She's been watching too much grand designs.

My message to her, default now and don't waste a penny more on interest. It is over.

#37 TalkingSense

TalkingSense

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:17 PM

Excess credit = high house prices
shortage of credit = lower house prices.

At least this journo understood the basics of how this housing market has been driven since 2003.

#38 Slumpmonkey Returns

Slumpmonkey Returns

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:18 PM

Phil Spencer's credibility amongst the property buying sheeple is shot to pieces now! :lol: IMO, he had better either disappear for a bit or reinvent himself over the next few years as I get the sense C4 will not be recommissioning another series of Location Location Location! :lol: :P :lol:

Well done FP! This will really make the sheeple panic - and quite right too as they have had their heads up their arses during the last few years of "mania"!

BTW - I don't think Maitland was being smug - he just got some good advice from FP last year and sold up!

Edited by SlumpmonkeyII, 14 April 2008 - 08:19 PM.

The Dead Cat Bounce is about to end!

#39 SeenItAllBefore

SeenItAllBefore

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:18 PM

I couldn’t get the ITV bear-fest over here in Amsterdam but I did, in the end, watch the tepid by comparison Panorama effort. No real emphasis on the fact that a decade of living on the never-never is behind out current predicament, antipodean woman with economic credentials saying “no recession” etc.

Any chance of someone posting the Maitland show somewhere?

#40 ReggiePerrin

ReggiePerrin

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:21 PM

jeez they've just called FP 'one of the more pessimistic forecasters'

they've obviously not lurked on here much. :lol:

Hi reaper

Judging by the way things are heading at the moment; after the crash when someone sits down to write this up in the annals of history, HPC members may be considered as being overly optimistic in their predictions of the impending property crash and things were much worse than even they predicted :blink:

Edited by ReggiePerrin, 14 April 2008 - 08:22 PM.

#41 baserateisirrelevant

baserateisirrelevant

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:23 PM

Hi reaper

Judging by the way things are heading at the moment; after the crash when someone sits down to write this up in the annals of history, HPC members may be considered as being overly optimistic in their predictions of the impending property crash and things were much worse than even they predicted :blink:

This site will be judged as bullish! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#42 Little Professor

Little Professor

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:27 PM

FP put in a brilliant performance - especially just before the opening credits where he put the smack-down on house prices.

#43 geed

geed

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:28 PM

Not shown in Scotland (The media is still trying to keep us in the dark) can you view this on-line?

#44 Lhotse Girl

Lhotse Girl

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:29 PM

So, the expectation from this program is that we will see at least 50% reductions in the prices of homes, with the adverage loss of between 30 and 40%

My sensible question is, in my desire for facts and to read consdiered thoughts..... is on what basis is this true given that the housing stock has always been a solid investment over a lifetime.... if this was true, then could be be true that house prices will go back to this level in say 10, 15, 20 or 25 years?

On the other hand, I always believed the valuation on my council flat at £60k was just not worth it, £20-30k would be more like it. Am so glad I rejected buying it and also, I can see why there could be an expected 50% drop, as not many homes are worth they prices they are listed at..!!

Such a shame as a first time buyer I will have to find a big deposit, but at least I won't be paying silly money for a house on rotting stilts

Krystyna

#45 bricksandmorter

bricksandmorter

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:34 PM

Phil Spencer's credibility amongst the property buying sheeple is shot to pieces now! :lol:

Not sure why from an old (probably well cut) clip that was probably filmed before the US bank drama that fuelled what has happened here since. Also, we were NOT shown the context of the conversation preceeding all of their predictions.

The total show (entertainment originated), abismal in all its efforts to give any sort of balanced view.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users