80 replies to this topic

#16 Badger

Badger

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:50 AM

..And when that finishes, we have the Billy Bunter of Economics lite, Declan Curry, presenting Panorama :blink: Called Feeling the Pinch, it examines Britains economic prospects given current economic conditions - 8.30 BBC1
People celebrate when property prices go up, yet the same people are now complaining when they have to pay more on their mortgages. Either you like expensive housing or you don't. Make up your mind.

#17 Slumpmonkey Returns

Slumpmonkey Returns

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:41 PM

..And when that finishes, we have the Billy Bunter of Economics lite, Declan Curry, presenting Panorama :blink: Called Feeling the Pinch, it examines Britains economic prospects given current economic conditions - 8.30 BBC1

That will be an insightful and indepth analysis then :rolleyes:
The Dead Cat Bounce is about to end!

#18 Badger

Badger

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:37 PM

I think the producer overheard Declan when describing the fit of his trouser & mistakenly named the programme. :P
People celebrate when property prices go up, yet the same people are now complaining when they have to pay more on their mortgages. Either you like expensive housing or you don't. Make up your mind.

#19 SeenItAllBefore

SeenItAllBefore

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:12 PM

Oh God, half an hour of "it's not as bad as it looks honest" and "go on get out there and take on more debt, you know you want to" from the worst economics journalist on TV.

I don't think I'll bother.

#20 bricksandmorter

bricksandmorter

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:09 PM

ITV will be blasted for this outdated and OTT scaremongering that is currently gracing our screens.
Old and outdated information.

TOTAL Testicles IMO

#21 bricksandmorter

bricksandmorter

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:12 PM

LOL, the lights are off and so no one lives there, what a joke............

#22 SeenItAllBefore

SeenItAllBefore

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

it's proper bear tv.you've missed out

I was talking about Declan Curry and Panorama.

Just wait and see.

#23 Saving For a Space Ship

Saving For a Space Ship

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,937 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:18 PM

:lol:
Humiliates Phil Spencers by repeating his 10% + prediction inverview from a year ago, then back slaps Maitland's on his minus 10% prediction

Btl, as much use as t!its on a bull, and those t!ts are now up :rolleyes:

#24 Vespasian

Vespasian

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:19 PM

:lol:
Humiliates Phil Spencers by repeating his 10% + prediction inverview from a year ago, then back slaps Maitland's on his minus 10% prediction

Btl, as much use as t!its on a bull, and those t!ts are now up :rolleyes:

Phil Spencer, what an idiot! :lol:
"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it" Ronald Reagan

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'Ronald Reagan

"Martin, it's all psychological. You yell barracuda, everybody says, "Huh? What?" You yell shark, we've got a panic on our hands on the Fourth of July" Jaws 1975

Leeroy Jenkins!

#25 dumb-tabloid reader

dumb-tabloid reader

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:27 PM

Oh God, half an hour of "it's not as bad as it looks honest" and "go on get out there and take on more debt, you know you want to" from the worst economics journalist on TV.

I don't think I'll bother.

LOL¬¬

Oh, how wrong you were....

It was brilliant.

Well done FP - Pure genius, very good.
Brown really is in the Brown.

#26 Layman

Layman

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:38 PM

LOL¬¬

Oh, how wrong you were....

It was brilliant.

Well done FP - Pure genius, very good.

HE ... WASN'T ... TALKING ... ABOUT ... THE ... ITV ... SHOW!

#27 bricksandmorter

bricksandmorter

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:39 PM

I luved the auction where the Lady clutching her baby to her bossoms (the normal TV sympathy grabbing attempt) flat never sold, there were only 8 people present. Not every property at auction sells or where they trying to infer than "Normally" they do.

As to the people blindly buying properties, thats without even seeing them (doh") and now being irrate because they made a bad investment, JEEEEZ.

ITV really scraping the bottom of the barrel to fuel more irresponsible and unecessary scaremongering, their TV special effects team did a great job on this show, no need for smoke and mirrors ;-)

Edited by bricksandmorter, 14 April 2008 - 07:42 PM.

#28 waiting_to_leave

waiting_to_leave

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:45 PM

The special effects and scary music bit should be enough to drop off a few more % before noon tomorrow !
Ha Ha :lol:

And as for the people who did the third party btl without even looking at the property..... :o

#29 sdoey

sdoey

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:47 PM

Flat Broke: Tonight ITV 1

Jonathan Maitland leads an investigation into the risks involved in buying houses with the intention of letting them out. The reporter learns that many landlords are struggling financially and unable to find either tenants or buyers for their properties, leaving many threatened with bankruptcy

Another great performance from yourself FP! Your getting alot of air time these days and hopefully much more to come over the next year or so!!

#30 baserateisirrelevant

baserateisirrelevant

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:57 PM

Another great performance from yourself FP! Your getting alot of air time these days and hopefully much more to come over the next year or so!!

Oh my god. That was amazing, Phil Spencer 10%, what an ar$e.

The Daily Mail readers will be shitting bricks tonight and rightly so.

The beauty of the programme was the focus on the capital markets and not the "fundamental shortage of housing in the UK" that the VI's spout on about.

High 5's all round.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users