410 replies to this topic

#1 Sofa Spud

Sofa Spud

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:41 PM

I know of a small development of apartments in north Bristol where the units haven't been selling. Admittedly they seemed hugely over-priced originally but they've now been reduced by over 10%.

Edited by Sofa Spud, 16 March 2008 - 09:43 PM.

#2 juvenal

juvenal

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,445 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:12 PM

I know of a small development of apartments in north Bristol where the units haven't been selling. Admittedly they seemed hugely over-priced originally but they've now been reduced by over 10%.

Very large new Kinghams EA opened (!) in Poole High Street last Sat. Passed by twice yesterday. Stone empty both times.
'And while I live, no fool or noble knave
Shall walk this world, in credit, to his grave..'

'The pension system has been a very nice gravy train for all of those involved except for those paying into it.'

'Let's see if we can get it for the asking price..' Kirstie Allsop

"Be under no illusion. You will not escape the net..." S'rAlan Sugar

Sex, drugs and sausage rolls...

The House of Lords: 'The Ermine Vermin....'

#3 M Wall

M Wall

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:33 AM

Which development is that?

#4 Spirit

Spirit

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:01 AM

Huge drop South of Bristol...
courtesy of Property Bee ;)

Hillside cottage has been modernised by its present owners and offers character accommodation, double glazing and oil fired central heating. It now includes a fully fitted luxury kitchen with fitted appliances, new bathroom and shower, dining room and lounge with wood burner and a large conservat...

More details, photographs, full brochure, EPCs and map available Save property Contact the agent

Marketed by Chew Valley Estates, Bristol.

Telephone 0845 337 2062. (BT 4p/min)
Chew Valley Estates, Bristol logo
History
date event
9th Apr 2008

* Price changed: from '330,000' to '230,000'

19th Feb 2008

* Initial entry found.

#5 chas

chas

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 03:06 PM

Huge drop South of Bristol...
courtesy of Property Bee ;)

Hillside cottage has been modernised by its present owners and offers character accommodation, double glazing and oil fired central heating. It now includes a fully fitted luxury kitchen with fitted appliances, new bathroom and shower, dining room and lounge with wood burner and a large conservat...

More details, photographs, full brochure, EPCs and map available Save property Contact the agent

Marketed by Chew Valley Estates, Bristol.

Telephone 0845 337 2062. (BT 4p/min)
Chew Valley Estates, Bristol logo
History
date event
9th Apr 2008

* Price changed: from '330,000' to '230,000'

19th Feb 2008

* Initial entry found.

Still on the market, right on the main road, nowonder it has not sold

#6 gcpc1

gcpc1

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

I think you're referring to here: http://www.bryant.co...yHorthamVillage and also being marketed by Barratts. We took a drive around the site yesterday - there looked to be no more than 10 properties occupied, with at least another dozen with 'Sold' signs outside them. Personally I think it's a soulless development - nothing but houses there. The nearest shop is the 24hr garage on the A38 about a mile away :huh:

#7 blankster

blankster

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 10:38 PM

Drove through Bristol today, couldn't believe the number of properties for sale compared to last time I drove the same route about a month ago.
King of the unexplained edit.
And now also....."probably the greatest dunce on these forums" !!!!!
Remember this: it's easy to turn a pig into sausages but it's a lot harder to turn sausages back into a pig.

#8 bricor mortis

bricor mortis

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:27 PM

Until this week I was not that convnced that there had been signs of any substantial movement in or near S.Brist asking prices at the ftb end.
Now however I have noticed some welcome signs of significant reductions in the area at least at the lower end of the market.
I believe it was in 2000 that i saw a 2 bed flat selling in ST. Annes for 76000. I believe these went up to 125000. Now I know of one of these 2 bedders on for 94000 asking, presumably it will go for 80something if it goes at all. Therefore it is not inconcievable that the lower end of the market will eventually unwind down to 2000 prices or below given that it is still early days.
Also in that area I have noticed a 2 bed semi on for 104000.
Hartcliffe and Knowle west :ph34r: asking prices have only been modestly trimed if at all, still no sign of a "crash" really in that area as far as I can see.
Southville and Bedminster maybe 10 % down from the insane peak as far as i can see. Those areas could remain relatively resiliant. Tell me im wrong and make me very happy.
You have to expect that as builders loose their jobs there is going to be a lot of casualties in some parts of south Bristol.
they hand you a nickel...they hand you a dime...they ask you with a grin if your'e havin' a good time..its a shame the way they make me scrub the floor...

#9 Jim B.

Jim B.

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:36 PM

Bedminster, Knowle, Totterdown, Windmill Hill - all areas where prices have shot up in the last 10 years. Strong working class areas, I expect there will be loads of people who took out loans against their properties, I'd imagine there will be quite a few reposessions in this area as time goes on. Intrinsically these areas are full of traditional working class two-up two-down's with small gardens. They are nothing special and when the shit hits the fan people will realise this.

Plus the area is awash with new build flats - these are going to nose-dive big time.

#10 bricor mortis

bricor mortis

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:19 AM

"Plus the area is awash with new build flats - these are going to nose-dive big time."

The uncompleted ones are going to be a laugh, the robinson building, why dont they just give up.
The thing in Hartcliffe by the former Imperial fags site, nice pic of the show flat but am I right in thinking they want 100k for a studio flat. :lol:
Who will be the first to dump a stolen motor in the water feature ?:ph34r:
they hand you a nickel...they hand you a dime...they ask you with a grin if your'e havin' a good time..its a shame the way they make me scrub the floor...

#11 Jim B.

Jim B.

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:33 AM

The uncompleted ones are going to be a laugh, the robinson building, why dont they just give up.
The thing in Hartcliffe by the former Imperial fags site, nice pic of the show flat but am I right in thinking they want 100k for a studio flat. :lol:
Who will be the first to dump a stolen motor in the water feature ?:ph34r:

Yes, that place in Hartcliffe makes me laugh.

Do you know those three flats at the bottom of West Street opposite the Albert? The bottom bits are still not finished after about four years. Looks terrible but the flats above seemed to have sold.

That Skypark thing is a total joke as well. 140k for a large box. I am seeing more and more of these coming on the market now. Luxury flats my ****.

#12 bricor mortis

bricor mortis

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:19 PM

Update on S. Bristol.
North St. Southville mortgage centre now closed down.
Edwards estate agents now closed down.
3 Bed House in Withywood failed to sell in Maggs Allen auction October28th at 80k guide. Now re-entered for a guide of 65k. things generally not making the guide price now either.
PS Its only just begun...... :ph34r:

#13 Jim B.

Jim B.

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:35 PM

Update on S. Bristol.
3 Bed House in Withywood failed to sell in Maggs Allen auction October28th at 80k guide. Now re-entered for a guide of 65k. things generally not making the guide price now either.

My ex has just put her house on the market, so I'll get a first hand account of how the market is going. Not a very good time to sell but you never know. Chessels area.

From my seearches on Rightmove it seems the flats in S. Bristol are dropping quickly.

#14 bricor mortis

bricor mortis

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:50 PM

Update on S. Bristol.

Correction... the closed mortgage centre is the one that was nearest C. J. Holes near the deli and health shops. Not Southville mortgage centre which is still open.

#15 gruffydd

gruffydd

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,355 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:25 PM

Bedminster and Windmill Hill appear especially hard hit - massive falls right across.

Loads of young overstretched landlords and FTBs. Seen 30% off and more already.

Edited by gruffydd, 01 January 2009 - 12:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users