27 replies to this topic

#1 scarlets79

scarlets79

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:02 PM

It seems from debating here for a while that this site is full of folks who are ill-educated about this world and the realities of life. There is also much self-loathing and a depressing outlook on life.

So why am I not surprised you are complaining about house prices and haven't got a house?

You probably think you are owed a living and a house, just for being a result of a random mindless evoultionary process over billions of years, despite all this- all that you are, according to your secular-brainwashed philosophy, a bunch of cells, a collection of chemicals, who's existance is under threat from this alleged evolutionary process as you can't even secure yourself a shelter from the elements.

So why do you think you are owed any rights, including being owed a house by the rest of society? you should be glad that you ain't being fed to someone, because after all you're just a bunch of cells, a collection fo flesh and bones, in an universe that came from nothing for no reason or purpose, with no moral obligation ultimately to anyone but yourself.
Don't forget: we live in a fallen world.
"Therefore do not worry, saying, ; What will we eat?' or 'What will we wear? For it is the Gentiles who strive for all these things; and indeed your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. ( Matthew 6:31-33)
Objections answered here :
http://www.rationalc...tml#phil_punish

#2 Guest_anorthosite_*

Guest_anorthosite_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:06 PM

You been smoking crack there love?

#3 Guest_Skint Academic_*

Guest_Skint Academic_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:11 PM

In other words, you've lost the argument and you're saying ...

"Screw you guys, I'm going home!"

Posted Image

#4 scarlets79

scarlets79

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:14 PM

In other words, you've lost the argument and you're saying ...

"Screw you guys, I'm going home!"

your posts are for your own feel-good-factor, you are utterly incapable of responding rationally to the points being made without employing strawmen and ad hominems
you slavishly believe the trash you have been feed and brainwashed from the illiberal elite in education and the media
Don't forget: we live in a fallen world.
"Therefore do not worry, saying, ; What will we eat?' or 'What will we wear? For it is the Gentiles who strive for all these things; and indeed your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. ( Matthew 6:31-33)
Objections answered here :
http://www.rationalc...tml#phil_punish

#5 Guest_anorthosite_*

Guest_anorthosite_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:19 PM

you slavishly believe the trash you have been feed and brainwashed from the illiberal elite in education and the media in the church

Is that what they get you to chant every Sunday for hours on end?

#6 Guest_Skint Academic_*

Guest_Skint Academic_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:23 PM

your posts are for your own feel-good-factor, you are utterly incapable of responding rationally to the points being made without employing strawmen and ad hominems

Name one instance where I have employed a straw man argument.

(I'll freely admit that insulting you is enjoyable)

#7 Oliver Sutton

Oliver Sutton

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:55 PM

It seems from debating here for a while that this site is full of folks who are ill-educated about this world and the realities of life. There is also much self-loathing and a depressing outlook on life.

So why am I not surprised you are complaining about house prices and haven't got a house?

You probably think you are owed a living and a house, just for being a result of a random mindless evoultionary process over billions of years, despite all this- all that you are, according to your secular-brainwashed philosophy, a bunch of cells, a collection of chemicals, who's existance is under threat from this alleged evolutionary process as you can't even secure yourself a shelter from the elements.

So why do you think you are owed any rights, including being owed a house by the rest of society? you should be glad that you ain't being fed to someone, because after all you're just a bunch of cells, a collection fo flesh and bones, in an universe that came from nothing for no reason or purpose, with no moral obligation ultimately to anyone but yourself.

Sweeping generalisations again from the religious nutjob. I own my place (no mortgage), do you?

#8 southsea13

southsea13

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:00 PM

I can` t even be bothered sinking to the level of trying to answer your statements - at best they are just plain wrong; at worst they represent the vitriol that spouts from the realisation that other people have got contrary opinions (isn`t that what God gave us free will for - to make choices?)

Hell, I`ve given in to temptation now (what a weak and fickle being I am):
1. Me = 2 degrees (although given the state of UK universities there is some validity in the `ill-educated` bit). <_<
2. Yes, a certain degree of self-loathing on my part, but a pragmatic view of life (not some consumer or `heavenly` paradise delusions).
3. The world owes me nothing; in fact I am lucky in that I have access to food, water and shelter when millions do not.
4. I am only owed human rights by virtue of my humanity. If you don`t like that then go and see your local MP or get God to intervene (just don`t have us infidels stoned to death!) :lol:

BTW - learn to spell `existence` before you start slating others ;)

#9 ImA20SomethingGetMeOutOfHere

ImA20SomethingGetMeOutOfHere

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:07 PM

Genius!

The Theory of Evolution is to blame for HPI. I think I've heard it all now.

#10 Guest_Bart of Darkness_*

Guest_Bart of Darkness_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:18 PM

Genius!

Will the advent of the intelligent design theory be the trigger we've been waiting for?

#11 jackster1

jackster1

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:40 PM

you slavishly believe the trash you have been feed and brainwashed from the illiberal elite in education and the media

are you innocent of making ad hominem attacks?
do you respond rationally?
do you make straw man arguments?
The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice. prov 12:15

#12 Wario

Wario

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:02 PM

Genius!

We-e-ell ... Alfred Russell Wallace did try punting a proposal for fiat currency

In 1898 Wallace wrote a paper advocating a pure paper money system, unbacked by silver or gold, which impressed the economist Irving Fisher so much that he dedicated his 1920 book Stabilizing the Dollar to Wallace

But then again he was into Spiritualism.
"I sense an unusual amount of fear for something as trivial as this trade dispute." Qui-Gon Jinn

"... Gimme a string-bean, I'm a hungry man!"
.....Shotgun fired and away I ran ...

-----------------------------------Dylan

#13 Oliver Sutton

Oliver Sutton

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:19 PM

Why don't you answer the question.

Do you own your own home?

You didn't when you joined this site so either

1) You still don't and you're a hypocrite

or

2) You've recently bought at the top of the biggest prpoperty bubble the UK has ever seen and you're a fool.

2) would explain the bitterness of you post as well.

Edited by barry, 27 February 2008 - 09:20 PM.

#14 Guest_anorthosite_*

Guest_anorthosite_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:14 PM

I smell a blob strop.

#15 Oliver Sutton

Oliver Sutton

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:03 PM

I smell a blob strop.

More like someone just bought at the top of the bubble and is trying to blame everyone else but herself !!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users