House Price Crash Forum

Earthquake!

noddage

HOLA441

Anyone else feel it? Like nothing I've ever experienced. I'm in a large heavily-built Victorian house and it was being shaken about something terrible. Can't help but think that there's going to be a lot of cracked new builds about the place.

HOLA442
Anyone else feel it? Like nothing I've ever experienced. I'm in a large heavily-built Victorian house and it was being shaken about something terrible. Can't help but think that there's going to be a lot of cracked new builds about the place.

I was woke up by a shake i thought it was a large gust of wind at first very weird.

I live in North Manchester

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Given we're about to sign away our country, supposedly a monarchy under God, to a secular anti-Bible EU secular superstate, who will persecute orthodox Christians for not accept false creeds or immoral lifestyles, then is it surprising that we've had an earthquake? We deserve a far bigger one, I guess that's a measure of His Grace. It's not too late to repent, yet.

HOLA446
Guest anorthosite
Given we're about to sign away our country, supposedly a monarchy under God, to a secular anti-Bible EU secular superstate, who will persecute orthodox Christians for not accept false creeds or immoral lifestyles, then is it surprising that we've had an earthquake? We deserve a far bigger one, I guess that's a measure of His Grace. It's not too late to repent, yet.

Yes, this earthquake was certainly God's vengence. Such a powerful act was the wrath of heckfire being unleashed on the UK

HOLA447
Guest Skint Academic

Upon seeing the immorality of the people God told them thus:

"You have turned away from me and so I shall wreak havoc upon your garden walls and roof tiles".

And so it was that the earth trembled with a mediocre 5.3 and garden gnomes fell over. Upon seeing this the people wailed and repented but it was too late. God's might vengence had been delivered.

HOLA448

"You have turned away from me and so I shall wreak havoc upon your garden walls and roof tiles".

And so it was that the earth trembled with a mediocre 5.3 and garden gnomes fell over. Upon seeing this the people wailed and repented but it was too late. God's might vengence had been delivered.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Galatians 6:7

HOLA449
Guest Skint Academic
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

You mean god will mock me back?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest Bart of Darkness
I guess that's a measure of His Grace. It's not too late to repent, yet.

Shame Sodom and Gomorrah didn't get a smattering of that "grace".

:lol:

for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Personally I'd like to see a little more margin for error but there you go.

Does that mean God will register with HPC and start mocking me in various highly witty ways?

HOLA4412

Are you for real!!!!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest tenant super

Can I just make clear for the record, and once and for all, that god is an emotional crutch, for which most of us can and do manage well without.

You will find that this simple fact does away with the necessity to believe in heaven, hell, miracles, the devil, Santa Claus and, a new one on me, earthquake seeds.

Cheers.

PS that Galaxians score whilst showing progress, is nothing to shout about.

HOLA4415
Can I just make clear for the record, and once and for all, that god is an emotional crutch, for which most of us can and do manage well without.

You will find that this simple fact does away with the necessity to believe in heaven, hell, miracles, the devil, Santa Claus and, a new one on me, earthquake seeds.

ignorance in bliss, doesn't make it reality

wishing away something does not make it so

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

13 February 2008

AREA MP Edward Leigh lays responsibility for dealing with the contensious explosions at Faldingworth airfield firmly at the door of West Lindsey District Council - specifically on the shoulders of chief executive Duncan Sharkey

http://www.marketrasenmail.co.uk/news/MP-s...ncil.3769112.jp

:ph34r:

HOLA4419

It is, at least, an amazing coincidence that the epicentre of this quake was in a place that has been plagued by underground explosions detonated in the course of top secret military research.

Search the Market Rasen Mail's archive for 'explosions'. It's been their big story for months. Strange how it wouldn't be mentioned today. Even if only for a short debunking piece about how the explosive testing and the quake aren't linked.

Also, the almost-comically-sinister-sounding 'operator' Skydock seems to have no web presence. If you google them the top entry is a link to a story in this small town local paper. Who are they? And what sort of underground explosive experiments could possibly involve detonations every 15-20 minutes? Unless, of course, they were testing a culminative effect.

It's an interesting angle, that should be discussed in the media. If it isn't, then the whole matter is probably the subject of a D Notice, and so almost certainly has some truth in it.

As for God causing the earthquake to punish us for joining the EU . . . that, scarlets, is batty even by your standards. Even I knew God existed and I had his telephone number, I would have to ask him what on earth he was doing cracking a few folks' chimneys to punish a Government decision.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Guest tenant super
Explosions and earthquakes are very different seismically speaking. This wasn't an explosion.

Yes agreed, it's an interesting point nonetheless - there are certainly recorded instances of underground nuclear explosions triggering earthquakes (albeit aftershocks), it's not impossible whatever they were up to resulted in a release of stress along a major fault, intentionally or otherwise.

Reminds me of the foot and mouth outbreak, it took a few days for the obvious connection with the leaky research lab to come to light.

HOLA4425

some people might call me a conspiracy fruit loop but I feel I am a coincidence theorist.

The epicentre of an earthquake biggest for 25 years next to a nuclear testing site which an MP as asked to be stopped and was in the local rag a couple of weeks ago.

What conclusions can you come up with ? If this link is not reported on the BBC then you know theyre is an high chance of a link.

Going of topic slightly another coincidence.

7/7

What is the chance of a controlled demolition van (kingstar)being next to the bus that was blown up in Tavistock square.

290107Busblast.jpg

http://www.kingstar.co.uk/demoli.htm

conspiracy or coincidence?

post-801-1204182040_thumb.jpg

Archived