29 replies to this topic

#1 noddage

noddage

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:15 AM

Anyone else feel it? Like nothing I've ever experienced. I'm in a large heavily-built Victorian house and it was being shaken about something terrible. Can't help but think that there's going to be a lot of cracked new builds about the place.

#2 fiddlethefigures

fiddlethefigures

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:27 AM

Anyone else feel it? Like nothing I've ever experienced. I'm in a large heavily-built Victorian house and it was being shaken about something terrible. Can't help but think that there's going to be a lot of cracked new builds about the place.

I was woke up by a shake i thought it was a large gust of wind at first very weird.
I live in North Manchester

Edited by fiddlethefigures, 27 February 2008 - 01:33 AM.

#3 Guest_anorthosite_*

Guest_anorthosite_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:02 AM

And at 5.3, that was just a little one!

Although its the biggest UK one since 1984.

#4 tinecu

tinecu

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:01 AM

Odd don't you think?

"Nuclear BAE bomb storage facility at epicentre of "earthquake" "

See: http://www.indymedia.../02/392395.html

:blink:

Edited by tinecu, 27 February 2008 - 09:02 AM.

Bubble, bubble, oil and trouble.

Countrywide, the UK's biggest chain of estate agents, plans to shut some of its branches after being hit by a spate of cancelled sales, the Financial Times newspaper reported on Saturday, quoting Harry Hill, Countrywide's chairman. Forbes. 18.11.07

There were 18,000+ UK Estate Agents (sales offices) according to Home.co.uk in Sept 07, a year later in Sept 08 there are just under 16,000 (and falling).

#5 scarlets79

scarlets79

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:26 PM

Given we're about to sign away our country, supposedly a monarchy under God, to a secular anti-Bible EU secular superstate, who will persecute orthodox Christians for not accept false creeds or immoral lifestyles, then is it surprising that we've had an earthquake? We deserve a far bigger one, I guess that's a measure of His Grace. It's not too late to repent, yet.
Don't forget: we live in a fallen world.
"Therefore do not worry, saying, ; What will we eat?' or 'What will we wear? For it is the Gentiles who strive for all these things; and indeed your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. ( Matthew 6:31-33)
Objections answered here :
http://www.rationalc...tml#phil_punish

#6 Guest_anorthosite_*

Guest_anorthosite_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:29 PM

Given we're about to sign away our country, supposedly a monarchy under God, to a secular anti-Bible EU secular superstate, who will persecute orthodox Christians for not accept false creeds or immoral lifestyles, then is it surprising that we've had an earthquake? We deserve a far bigger one, I guess that's a measure of His Grace. It's not too late to repent, yet.

Yes, this earthquake was certainly God's vengence. Such a powerful act was the wrath of heckfire being unleashed on the UK

#7 Guest_Skint Academic_*

Guest_Skint Academic_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:43 PM

Upon seeing the immorality of the people God told them thus:

"You have turned away from me and so I shall wreak havoc upon your garden walls and roof tiles".

And so it was that the earth trembled with a mediocre 5.3 and garden gnomes fell over. Upon seeing this the people wailed and repented but it was too late. God's might vengence had been delivered.

#8 scarlets79

scarlets79

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:52 PM

"You have turned away from me and so I shall wreak havoc upon your garden walls and roof tiles".

And so it was that the earth trembled with a mediocre 5.3 and garden gnomes fell over. Upon seeing this the people wailed and repented but it was too late. God's might vengence had been delivered.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Galatians 6:7
"Therefore do not worry, saying, ; What will we eat?' or 'What will we wear? For it is the Gentiles who strive for all these things; and indeed your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. ( Matthew 6:31-33)

#9 Guest_Skint Academic_*

Guest_Skint Academic_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:55 PM

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

You mean god will mock me back?

#10 homeless

homeless

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:05 PM

hows that stand with good christians geting as much misery and bad luck in life as non christians do?

#11 Guest_Bart of Darkness_*

Guest_Bart of Darkness_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:28 PM

I guess that's a measure of His Grace. It's not too late to repent, yet.

Shame Sodom and Gomorrah didn't get a smattering of that "grace".

:lol:

for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Personally I'd like to see a little more margin for error but there you go.

Does that mean God will register with HPC and start mocking me in various highly witty ways?

#12 jackster1

jackster1

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:34 PM

Are you for real!!!!
The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice. prov 12:15

#13 Oliver Sutton

Oliver Sutton

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:37 PM

Yes, this earthquake was certainly God's vengence. Such a powerful act was the wrath of heckfire being unleashed on the UK

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A chimney fell over in Lincolnshire. Oooh, I'm really scared !!

Edited by barry, 27 February 2008 - 09:05 PM.

#14 Guest_tenant super_*

Guest_tenant super_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:49 PM

Can I just make clear for the record, and once and for all, that god is an emotional crutch, for which most of us can and do manage well without.

You will find that this simple fact does away with the necessity to believe in heaven, hell, miracles, the devil, Santa Claus and, a new one on me, earthquake seeds.

Cheers.

PS that Galaxians score whilst showing progress, is nothing to shout about.

Edited by tenant super, 27 February 2008 - 08:50 PM.

#15 scarlets79

scarlets79

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:03 PM

Can I just make clear for the record, and once and for all, that god is an emotional crutch, for which most of us can and do manage well without.

You will find that this simple fact does away with the necessity to believe in heaven, hell, miracles, the devil, Santa Claus and, a new one on me, earthquake seeds.

ignorance in bliss, doesn't make it reality
wishing away something does not make it so

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users