• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TWOPEY

TWOPEY

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • About Me:False teeth<br><br>bling<br><br>slipknot, limp bizkit, dapne &amp; celeste<br><br><br>

Posted 09 March 2005 - 12:50 PM

Sorry if this has been mentioned on another thread but
that was your letter in the metro this morning wasnt it ?

Posted Image

Nice one anyway if it was...

:)

#2 Bubble Pricker

Bubble Pricker

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 05:15 PM

Yes, it was. I didn't even notice they had printed it. I never heard back from them so I assumed they had not printed it. Good stuff. I have to try and secure a copy of the Metro.
"<i>Stocks have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau.</i>" -- Irving Fisher, Professor of Economics, Yale University, October 1929.

#3 TWOPEY

TWOPEY

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • About Me:False teeth<br><br>bling<br><br>slipknot, limp bizkit, dapne &amp; celeste<br><br><br>

Posted 09 March 2005 - 05:56 PM

Here be the text from Bubble P's letter (page 18 the metro)

Title (supplied by the metro I assume ) "DREAMING"

text

" In your article 'Money for old soap' (Metro, Tue), you report
on a house for sale in Albert Square , stating :

'With house prices rising by 56 percent a year , an investors dream.'

This figure is pure fantasy. According to Land Registry data , house prices in Tower Hamlets rose by 9.8 per cent in 2004 but by only 0.9 per cent in the last quarter of 2004.
And the next move will be down.
Hardly an investors dream. "

end of letter.

Did they edit any out BP ?

#4 red

red

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 06:15 PM

he he... nice one, BP.
Thanks for post, TWOPEY :D

#5 doogie

doogie

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 06:21 PM

I think the original article in Tuesday's Metro was actually trying to be ironic, but if it sparks a debate about house prices then it's all good!

#6 Bubble Pricker

Bubble Pricker

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 06:32 PM

They did not edit anything out. That's the letter. I kept it short to improve the chances of it being printed. I did sign it "Press Spokesman housepricecrash.co.uk", but they seem to have omitted that part.
"<i>Stocks have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau.</i>" -- Irving Fisher, Professor of Economics, Yale University, October 1929.

#7 AteMoose

AteMoose

INTJ <- No S :(

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 09:14 AM

read the short letter last night, when i got in... Congrats for Drip feeding the public ;p
I have bought a newish (5 years) house in November 2006. I talked the vendor down 30% off peak 2004 price am am paying less than the 2002 price. I feel prices will continue to drop down to the 2001 price but saving for 5 years hopefully means i wont be stung. The price i am paying isn't much above the price the vendor paid for the place when it was new in 2000. However some idiot is trying to flog an identical house on my road for 55k above the price i paid, one month later!?!?! The housing market is frothy, no-one ever knows what the value of a house is, the value is what someone is willing to pay, make sure you pay alot less than the asking price.

Free to collect, like ebay but you dont pay, you just have to collect

QUOTE (sledgehead)If you make a living from something, you are a professional something: it is your profession. You could bake dog turds and flog them as ornaments. If that's how you make your living, you ARE a professional dog-turd baker. Period
QUOTE (Rolling Stone 13th July 2000)The first thing you need to know about Goldman Sachs is that it's everywhere. The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money.

QUOTE (Soon Not a Chain Retailer @ Aug 30 2009, 01:03 AM) Society should provide trampolines not safety nets.

QUOTE (GordonBrown Jan 27 2008 (warning about the coming inflation?))if you don't get the skills you wont get a job
if you get the skills you will earn ALOT of money

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users