House Price Crash Forum

January Mpc Not Such A Knife Edge Decision.

HOLA441

I see the result to hold interest rates in January was not a knife edge decision as was rumored, 8 to 1 in favour of holding is a far cry from a hanging vote.

February may not be as clear cut for a rate cut as a lot of people think, but i think there will be a cut. Merv and the MPC have a lot of things to take into consideration and i dont think they will be paniced into cuting rates.

HOLA442
I see the result to hold interest rates in January was not a knife edge decision as was rumored, 8 to 1 in favour of holding is a far cry from a hanging vote.

February may not be as clear cut for a rate cut as a lot of people think, but i think there will be a cut. Merv and the MPC have a lot of things to take into consideration and i dont think they will be paniced into cuting rates.

Personally, I thought that the MPC would wait a month to see how the January retail data came in. I think they intend to cut by 0.25 the next time they meet.

However, Mervyn's speech in Bristol was interesting. It doesn't look like the MPC are going to make any big Fed-like gestures like that clown running the US central bank.

Changing the subject slightly, is it just me, but every time I see Bernanke I think of coco the clown. Please, tell me I am not alone here.

Alice

Visit My Website

HOLA443
Changing the subject slightly, is it just me, but every time I see Bernanke I think of coco the clown. Please, tell me I am not alone here.

Sorry but can't see any similarities, maybe he has taken his makeup off??

Bernanke_the_clown.jpg

[Note: Sorry for the poor image quality, was getting pestered by kids at the time]

Edited by Adrian Allen

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447