3929 replies to this topic

#2641 TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

I remember that, i think it last went for 300k or thereabouts.

Like you say, you can get perfectly nice houses for 350-450k on that 'estate' with big plots, plenty of room for extention etc. 865k is absurd.
http://www.rightmove...y-25677958.html
http://www.rightmove...y-34788092.html

Yeah, and both of them at are peak 2007 asking prices !!!!!

I've had a couple of viewings with the EA in question.Once they played the "They have a full asking price offer", so I walked out. House still on the market. A different again told me they had valued the same house 100K less. I'm giving that agent a wide berth.

#2642 NorthamptonBear

NorthamptonBear

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Posting in full(ish) in case it gets removed at some time! 55-75k down to 35k - subsidence. Buy before March 9th 2012!

http://www.rightmove...y-36315044.html

Sat Mar 3 16:43:13 2012
  • Brief Description changed: FOR SALE BY AUCTION ON TUESDAY 28TH 14TH FEBRUARY 2012 GUIDE PRICE 55,000 TO 70,000 This bay fronted two bedroomed end of terrace stands in an established residential location with a courtyard garden and an outbuilding to the rear which was formerly used as a local betting shop. The prope...
  • Price changed: from 'POA' to 'Fixed Price 35,000'
Thu Jan 19 16:39:05 2012
  • Brief Description changed: FOR SALE BY AUCTION ON TUESDAY 14TH 28TH FEBRUARY 2012 GUIDE PRICE 55,000 TO 70,000 This bay fronted two bedroomed end of terrace stands in an established residential location with a courtyard garden and an outbuilding to the rear which was formerly used as a local betting shop. The prope...
Fri Dec 30 11:14:30 2011
  • Initial entry found.

Key features:
  • End Of Terrace
  • Two Reception Rooms
  • Kitchen & Cellar
  • Bathroom
  • Courtyard Garden
  • Outbuilding To Rear
  • Requires Modernisation
  • Cash Buyers Only
Full description:
FOR SALE POST AUCTION AT FIXED PRICE OF 35,000
This bay fronted two bedroomed end of terrace stands in an established residential location with a courtyard garden and an outbuilding to the rear which was formerly used as a local betting shop. The property is in need of general modernisation and has shown signs of subsidence, part of which has been covered by an insurance claim. A current structural report is available for inspection. The accommodation comprises an entrance hall, lounge, dining room, kitchen, cellar, two first floor bedrooms, bathroom and an outbuilding to the rear. LEGAL PACK IS AVAILABLE AND THE ACCEPTED OFFER MUST EXCHANGE CONTRACTS BY 9 MARCH 2012 AT OUR OFFICES - CASH BUYERS ONLY. OPEN DAY ON MONDAY MARCH 5TH FROM 1.00 TO 2.00PM AND WEDNESDAY 7TH FROM 5.30 TO 6.30PM ONLY

Services
Main drainage, gas, water and electricity are connected. (None of these services has been tested).

Council Tax
Northampton Borough Council Band -
AWA Water Charge -

Viewing Arrangements
By prior appointment through Auction House Richard Greener

Doi

NP 22122011/5982

Accommodation

Ground Floor

Entrance Hall

Approached via a timber door, the stairs rise to the first floor.

Lounge
3.40m(11'2'') x 3.18m(10'5'') excluding bay

With a bay window overlooking the front, there is a gas fire.

Dining Room
4.67m(15'4'') x 3.45m(11'4'')

A dual aspect room with an inset gas fire.

Kitchen
3.28m(10'9'') x 2.95m(9'8'')

Fitted with a range of base and eye level cupboards with an inset single drainer sink unit. Door to:-

Cellar

First Floor

Landing

With a built-in cupboard and doors to:-

Bedroom One
4.65m(15'3'') x 3.20m(10'6'')

With a UPVc double glazed window overlooking the front and a gas fire.

Bedroom Two
3.51m(11'6'') x 3.48m(11'5'')

With UPVc double glazed windows to the side and rear.

Bathroom
3.28m(10'9'') x 1.91m(6'3'')

Fitted with a suite comprising a panelled bath, pedestal wash hand basin and WC. There is a built-in airing cupboard with slatted linen shelving.

Floor Plan

Outside

Rear Courtyard
Access to:-

Outbuilding
7.32m(24'0'') x 5.66m(18'7'') maximum

Formerly a local betting shop and we understand that commercial use has now lapsed. There is light and power connected and a single WC.

Location Map

How To Get There

From Northampton town centre take the A428 Grafton Road and at the traffic light intersection continue straight on into Spencer Bridge Road. Take the first right into Gladstone Road and take the first turning on the left into Raymond Road. The property stands on the corner with a For Sale board erected.
Fondue - the future!

May 2008 prediction:- 35% nominal fall over 5 years - 50% real (inc. inflation)

Ludwig von Mises describes the endgame brought on by reckless expansion of credit: "There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit (debt) expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit (debt) expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved."

"Renting money is dead" - me.

"it's the same each time with progress. First they ignore you, then they say you're mad, then dangerous, then there's a pause and then you can't find anyone who disagrees with you"

#2643 thecrashingisles

thecrashingisles

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,381 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

I remember this house when it was a burnt out shell.

http://www.rightmove...aysSinceAdded=7

I just saw this on Rightmove myself and couldn't believe it. The house was a burnt out shell for years and is in the least secluded position possible on that street.

The most comedy pricing I've ever seen in Northampton.

#2644 TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

I just saw this on Rightmove myself and couldn't believe it. The house was a burnt out shell for years and is in the least secluded position possible on that street.

The most comedy pricing I've ever seen in Northampton.

It defies believe to be honest.

Also,

this:

http://www.rightmove...y-32529038.html

Was up for sale for most of last year.

The put it on the market a week or so ago and it sold straight away.

No price reduction from what I can see.

At the top end of the market there are some prople paying way way over the odds now.

I can only image totally collapse must happen sooner rather than later.

Actually, I can still see the property snake history:

03 March 2012

* Status changed: Under offer

27 February 2012

* Brief Description changed: A FEBRUARY NEW INSTRUCTION - A charming detached property dating back to the early 17th century, Listed Grade II, in this very popular village. 3 reception rooms, kitchen/breakfast room with Aga, 4 bedrooms, 2 bath/shower rooms, barn/large games room and garden. About 0.19 of an acre.

24 February 2012

* Status changed: Premium Listing New Listing, Under offer
* Title changed: Stoke Bruerne, Northamptonshire

20 February 2012

* Price changed: 535,000
* Title changed: A FEBRUARY NEW INSTRUCTION - Stoke Bruerne, Northamptonshire

29 October 2011

* Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Premium Listing'

05 October 2011

* Status changed: from 'Premium Listing' to 'Available'

07 September 2011

* Agents Location changed: from 'Northampton Sales' to 'Northampton'

08 July 2011

* Agents Location changed: from 'Northampton' to 'Northampton Sales'

02 July 2011

21 June 2011

* Status changed: from 'New Price' to 'Premium Listing'

23 May 2011

* Price changed: Offers in Region Excess of 585,000 535,000
* Status changed: from 'Premium Listing' to 'New Price'
* Title changed: NEW PRICE - Stoke Bruerne, Northamptonshire

20 May 2011

* Price changed: Offers in Region of 585,000

23 April 2011

* Status changed: from 'New Price' to 'Premium Listing'

01 April 2011

* Price changed: from '625,000' to '585,000'
* Status changed: from 'Premium Listing' to 'New Price'
* Title changed: NEW PRICE - Stoke Bruerne, Northamptonshire

19 March 2011

* Status changed: from 'New Listing' to 'Premium Listing'

01 March 2011

* Brief Description changed: A charming detached thatched property dating back to the early 17th century, Listed Grade II, located in this sought after village. 2 reception rooms, kitchen/breakfast room with Aga, 4 bedrooms, 2 bath/shower rooms, barn/large games room and garden. About 0.19 of an acre.
* Status changed: from 'Available' to 'New Listing'
* Title changed: NEW INSTRUCTION - Stoke Bruerne, Northamptonshire
* Brief Description changed: A charming detached thatched property dating back to the early 17th century, Listed Grade II, located in this sought after very popular village. 2 3 reception rooms, kitchen/breakfast room with Aga, 4 bedrooms, 2 bath/shower rooms, barn/large games room and garden. About 0.19 of an acre.

28 February 2011
* gents Telephone changed: from '08433152976' to '01604632991'
* Detailed Description changed: Tenure: Freehold The Property The Old Dower House dates back to 1628 and is Listed Grade II being of architectural and historical interest. The property came under the control of the Duke of Grafton Estate in 1723 and was then subsequently sold to a private owner in 1919. The current owners re-thatched the property with netted wheat straw in 2007. The kitchen/breakfast room has an oil fired Aga, original bread oven and original copper and a range of base and wall units with granite worktops. Fitted appliances include Neff halogen electric hob, Smeg electric oven and Smeg dishwasher. Throughout the house are window seats, exposed beams and exposed studwork, fireplaces in both reception rooms and in bedroom two. The Garden There is a five-bar gate leading to the gravelled driveway and the stone barn which has original feeding troughs and exposed beams with spotlighting. There is an area of kitchen garden to the left of the driveway that is owned by The Old Dower House and the rear garden is mainly laid to lawn with established trees and shrubs. There is a timber garden shed to one corner of the garden and a timber gate leads to the front of the property The Location Stoke Bruerne is an attractive village lying beside the Grand Union Canal with its Waterway Museum, canal side public houses and restaurants. The village also has a primary school. The local shopping town is Towcester and there is further schooling at both Towcester and Roade. Milton Keynes has excellent shopping and leisure facilities and a mainline station with trains to London Euston taking about forty minutes. Northampton 8 miles M1 (Junction 15) 3 miles Milton Keynes 11 miles Towcester 6 miles (Distances approximate) Property Information Services: Mains electricity, water and drainage are connected. The house has an oil fired central heating system and hot water is from the Aga in the kitchen Local Authority: South Northamptonshire Council Tel: 01327 322322 Council Tax Band: 'G' Tenure: Freehold Viewing: Only by appointment with Jackson-Stops & Staff. Tel: 01604 632991 E-mail: northampton@jackson-stops.co.uk Agents Note: More information about the village can be found at stokebruerne.org.uk March 2011

Some new instruction.

Someone's buying it though !!!

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere, 05 March 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#2645 TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

had a look at the richard greener auction results today:

Date Lots Offered Percent Sold Total Raised
Tuesday, 28 February 2012 6 84% 764,000
Wednesday, 16 November 2011 8 88% 1,103,000
Wednesday, 7 September 2011 10 90% 1,614,000

Great sales results...untl you look close:

Tuesday, 28 February 2012 6 reported total 84%

Lots for sale: 7
Actually Sold At Auction: 3

Total% = 43%

Wednesday, 16 November 2011 8 reported total = 88%

Lots for sale: 8
Actually Sold At Auction: 4

Total% = 50%

Wednesday, 7 September 2011 10 reported total = 90%

Lots for sale: 10
Actually Sold At Auction: 7

Total% = 70%

A slight downwar trajectory there too.

#2646 HouseDog

HouseDog

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

http://www.rics.org/...leExtension=PDF

RICS Housing Market Survey - January 2012

Martin Pendered & Co Ltd, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire,

January has been a strange month. Activity has greatly increased above the pre Christmas period with a good level of new applicants. New instructions were slow initially but improved through the month. The main difficulty is the level of stock on the market now. There is little choice for prospective buyers and the market needs the stimulation of fresh property to grow. Hopefully as we move into the spring numbers will improve leading to a stronger market.

--

Quentin A Jackson-Stops FRICS, Jackson-Stops & Staff, Northampton, Northamptonshire

A rush of new instructions in January has not yet been matched by increased buyer enquiries. One suspects that a greater availability of properties for sale will give more choice to the few buyers about and might further depress prices as winter moves into spring.

--

Looks like prices will keep falling here :unsure:

Edited by HouseDog, 13 March 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#2647 HouseDog

HouseDog

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

http://www.rics.org/...leExtension=PDF

RICS Housing Market Survey - February 2012

Martin Pendered FRICS, Martin Pendered & Co Ltd, Wellingborough, Northants
February has been a very busy month.

--

Quentin Jackson-Stops FRICS, Jackson-Stops & Staff, Northampton, Northamptonshire

Judging from the number of new instructions received in February and the number of properties put under offer, we now anticipate that 2012 will be an improvement on 2011. While prices are likely to be level at best, we predict that sale volumes are likely to rise. Most activity is still under the 500,000 level.

--

#2648 TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

Anyone want a laugh:

http://www.rightmove...y-22226544.html

For improved printing including floorplans use the print button on the page
print button
4 bedroom detached house for sale
Offers in Excess of
West Street, Upton, Northampton, Northamptonshire

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#2649 thecrashingisles

thecrashingisles

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,381 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

Already made the decision that we don't want to live there unless it sold around 450. The road is too noisy for us and not sure about the local schools. It's a nice house but Abington park has some very dodgy areas very near by.

Status changed to Available - http://www.rightmove...y-29042182.html

#2650 TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

Says sstc on rightmove and sold in the kingwest website but listed on the mobile website. weird. no idea what is going on there either way when any ea is involved it will be some sort of bolax designed to seperate u from your cash :lol:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere, 18 March 2012 - 07:31 AM.

#2651 TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

All very quiet on the Northampton front.

Has anyone else notice how insane the asking prices are now ?

#2652 TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

Finally look at that on rightmove, on a real computer as opposed to my phone and you are right enough:

20 March 2012
* Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Sold STC'

16 March 2012
* Status changed: from 'Sold STC' to 'Available'

23 February 2012

11 February 2012
* Status changed: from 'Sold STC' to 'Available'

30 December 2011

01 September 2011
* Status changed: from 'Under offer' to 'Available'

08 August 2011
* Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Under offer'

It was de-listed for sure. Very odd.

I've driven past recently and the signs were down and it looked like new people had moved in.

Will be interesting to se if it appears on the land registry sold list within the next couple of months.

#2653 HouseDog

HouseDog

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

What a horror story. Buyer beware!

http://www.rightmove...country=england

http://www.dailymail...ours-later.html

#2654 TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

What a horror story. Buyer beware!

http://www.rightmove...country=england

http://www.dailymail...ours-later.html

So they decided to ignore the land registry and any common sense and not pay 2004 prices, i.e. 10% less than 2005 prices.

There was also an article on the C&E website about this, they said they'd spent every penny to buy the house "like all yuoung people"...I pointed out the silliness of that action.

Young people need some protection from this rip off housing scan that's still going on :(

#2655 HouseDog

HouseDog

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

So they decided to ignore the land registry and any common sense and not pay 2004 prices, i.e. 10% less than 2005 prices.

There was also an article on the C&E website about this, they said they'd spent every penny to buy the house "like all yuoung people"...I pointed out the silliness of that action.

Young people need some protection from this rip off housing scan that's still going on :(

It looks like the house was done up by a developer and sold recently (Oct 2011 it sold for 157K) - can't image there was any profit in this?

The lady with the collapsed kitchen writes here:
http://www.newstoday...ouse-from-hell/

"It was initially on the market for 177,000 but it was reduced to 165,000. We managed to get it down to 163,000 so were really pleased wed got such a good deal."

Edited by HouseDog, 01 April 2012 - 12:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users