• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16 dogbox

dogbox

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,000 posts
  • About Me:Dance music, nature / ecology, bushcraft, Krav Maga (hand to hand and armed combat martial art as used by special forces).

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:07 AM

Just returned from 2 weeks in Sardinia which bought the value Saidia represents into sharp focus.

Firstly the villa we stayed in was 2.5x more expensive than Saidia.

Southern Sardinia is very scruffy, almost third world in apperance apart from parts of the capital.

So lets consider the limitations of the Sardinian villa:

1) No golf anywhere in the area let alone 3 onsite courses

2) No facilities - just one grubby tiny genral stoe

3) Cramped - packed beaches

4) Gridlocked roads featruing lots of Itlaian road rage. Took 30 minutes to drive 1 mile from the villa to the main road due to the supposed 'up market' area featuring single width dirt tracks

5) No marina, let alone the largest marina in the Med

6) A ghost town outside summer - the total opposite of the Saidia positioning as a year round attraction

7) The guests all said there was too little to do especially for kids

8) No aircon

9) No clubhouse

10) A couple of ok restaurants (Saidia will have at least 20 set around the sparkling marina)

11) No sports facilities - Saidia will have Olympic pools, a small football stadium, many gyms, spas, water parks and swimming lagoons

12) Unattractive in the main. The beaches were quite nice (but packed) yet the touristic property is surrounded by scrub, not the green vistas that Saidia will be swathed in

Honestly I dont mean to come accross as a ranter :lol: , but an awful lot of people have seriously miss judged the uniquness and value of Saidia.

I'm confident the rentals will be robust and year round and produce far better yields that most of the 'lock up and leave ghost towns' one sees accross Europe.
And God said unto Luke 'come forth and thee shall have eternal life', but Luke came fifth and won a toaster.

'My children are Christian' is like saying 'my children are Conservatives' - at least have the common decency to let the little blighters make up thier own minds

#17 catara

catara

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:42 AM

Just returned from 2 weeks in Sardinia which bought the value Saidia represents into sharp focus.

Southern Sardinia is very scruffy, almost third world in apperance apart from parts of the capital.

4) Gridlocked roads featruing lots of Itlaian road rage. Took 30 minutes to drive 1 mile from the villa to the main road due to the supposed 'up market' area featuring single width dirt tracks

6) A ghost town outside summer - the total opposite of the Saidia positioning as a year round attraction

8) No aircon

9) No clubhouse

10) A couple of ok restaurants (Saidia will have at least 20 set around the sparkling marina)

11) No sports facilities - Saidia will have Olympic pools, a small football stadium, many gyms, spas, water parks and swimming lagoons

12) Unattractive in the main. The beaches were quite nice (but packed) yet the touristic property is surrounded by scrub, not the green vistas that Saidia will be swathed in
Honestly I dont mean to come accross as a ranter :lol: , but an awful lot of people have seriously miss judged the uniquness and value of Saidia.

I'm confident the rentals will be robust and year round and produce far better yields that most of the 'lock up and leave ghost towns' one sees accross Europe.

You took a stupid holiday in a bad place and paid an idiot price.

Do you want us to congratulate you?

Do your research before booking holidays, everybody and his dog knows that Sardinia has overcrowded beaches and that August is packed with italian holidaymakers.

#18 Jesus of nazareth

Jesus of nazareth

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 02:30 PM

8) No aircon

9) No clubhouse

Didnt fancy Morocco dogbox?

Lets hope you have better luck with your investments than you do picking your holiday resorts

#19 dogbox

dogbox

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,000 posts
  • About Me:Dance music, nature / ecology, bushcraft, Krav Maga (hand to hand and armed combat martial art as used by special forces).

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:28 PM

My Wife booked Sardinia.

No didnt go to Morocco yet, will once the resorts open thier doors as will 10million+ others each year (in 2001 visitors were c2m, last yr over 6m)
And God said unto Luke 'come forth and thee shall have eternal life', but Luke came fifth and won a toaster.

'My children are Christian' is like saying 'my children are Conservatives' - at least have the common decency to let the little blighters make up thier own minds

#20 BigLog

BigLog

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:49 PM

My Wife booked Sardinia.

No didnt go to Morocco yet, will once the resorts open thier doors as will 10million+ others each year (in 2001 visitors were c2m, last yr over 6m)

Wife booked Sardinia, you booked Saidia, you both sound a perfect pair....

Hope she also spells better than you (Their, not Thier).

Edited by BigLog, 28 August 2007 - 04:51 PM.

#21 euroscooby

euroscooby

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 06:35 PM

Wife booked Sardinia, you booked Saidia, you both sound a perfect pair....

Hope she also spells better than you (Their, not Thier).

Dogbox speaks (and I am pretty sure he enjoys the sport!)

quickly followed by the (un)holy trinity

1) catara
2) jesus of nazareth
3) BigLog

Come on fellas this is all getting dull. It was fun whilst it lasted.

Once we get to moaning about spelling the debate is old.

#22 Sean

Sean

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:36 PM

Dogbox, welcome back! The forum was getting too quiet.

None of us know how the property market will play out in Morocco and Saidia (or anywhere else for that matter).
But what the past year has thrown up are some of the risks that off-plan property investors need to think about when they invest.

On the plus side, property prices have generally increased around the world despite the predictions of a crash.
More recently, though, prices have begun to fall in some countries and Morocco will not be immune to this.
Also, interest rates have risen, shares have wobbled a lot and the US credit crunch may still cause a lot more problems.
At Saidia, there have been significant building delays and confusion around rental arrangements.
Two other key factors during this time are the lack of interest being earned on deposits and lack of bank guarantees.
I've had a look at the prices on the golf villas this week and anyone who reserved at the June 2006 prices wanting to get out now would suffer a loss (after expenses).

Dogbox, given that there isn't really a secondary market yet and won't be for a number of years, when you originally invested would you have been happy with the current state of affairs overall?

#23 catara

catara

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:20 PM

1) catara
2) jesus of nazareth
3) BigLog

So what's problem? I was just refering to some remarks about Sardinia in August, which is best avoided.

Capisci?

#24 Jesus of nazareth

Jesus of nazareth

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:18 PM

1) catara
2) jesus of nazareth
3) BigLog

Euroscooby

It was fun whilst it lasted??????????????

I have never pulled dogbox up on spelling.
My posts are not a game.

Edited by Jesus of nazareth, 28 August 2007 - 10:42 PM.

#25 euroscooby

euroscooby

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:36 AM

Euroscooby

It was fun whilst it lasted??????????????

I have never pulled dogbox up on spelling.
My posts are not a game.

It was clear from the quote within my post that BigLog was spelling monitor.

#26 agtisch

agtisch

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:35 AM

please dont all fall out, (like, you know, properly fall out)....i love these exchanges!

#27 BigLog

BigLog

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:58 AM

It was clear from the quote within my post that BigLog was spelling monitor.

Who cares what you think ?

You're just as much a VI as Dogbox, I don't see vested interest behaviour in anything Catara or JoN say/have said.

Dogbox compares Sardinia, which he states (thanks to HIS recent experience/visit there) as being like in a 3rd world country, yet; 1) vehemently rejects ANY TRUTHS that anyone else says about the 3rd world country he is ACTUALLY BUYING into (one that he has NEVER been to) and 2) makes a long DUMB comparison list about a place that hasn't even been built yet (and is very far from completion).

I think Euroscooby, you are the Dull one.

#28 dogbox

dogbox

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,000 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:38 AM

Dogbox, welcome back! The forum was getting too quiet.

None of us know how the property market will play out in Morocco and Saidia (or anywhere else for that matter).
But what the past year has thrown up are some of the risks that off-plan property investors need to think about when they invest.

On the plus side, property prices have generally increased around the world despite the predictions of a crash.
More recently, though, prices have begun to fall in some countries and Morocco will not be immune to this.
Also, interest rates have risen, shares have wobbled a lot and the US credit crunch may still cause a lot more problems.
At Saidia, there have been significant building delays and confusion around rental arrangements.
Two other key factors during this time are the lack of interest being earned on deposits and lack of bank guarantees.
I've had a look at the prices on the golf villas this week and anyone who reserved at the June 2006 prices wanting to get out now would suffer a loss (after expenses).

Dogbox, given that there isn't really a secondary market yet and won't be for a number of years, when you originally invested would you have been happy with the current state of affairs overall?

I did'nt really expect a secondary market yet, so no worries (although I reckon I could flip my 168 villa for cica 210,000.

Building delays - GREAT, I've only parted with 20% and have been buying for over a year. Always delays with new projects so to be expected anyway.

Shares wobbling, credit crunch - just the fabric of life and not something to deter me - throughout history there are always issues but in the end you have to take action or you do nothing. Read the other day about some American lady that owns a $5bn portfolio of US property ("taxes are for the little people" - that lady), no doubt she bought during the OPEC crisis, Vietnam war, early 1980s and 1990 property crashes, DOT COME bust, Y2K, Iraq Iran wars, Iraq desert storm 1991, lots of stock market wobbles, AIDs, WW3 prospect, and on and on. All just noise really that investors have to see through.

I look for value and prospects, the noise will come and go.

Value is outstanding but wont be fully realised until end users are using the site.

So yes I'm very happy with the investment.

#29 BigLog

BigLog

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:48 AM

I did'nt really expect a secondary market yet, so no worries (although I reckon I could flip my 168 villa for cica 210,000.

So yes I'm very happy with the investment.

Truth at last ?? Still trust this Liar/Joker/Ramper ??

#30 dogbox

dogbox

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,000 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:58 AM

and 2) makes a long DUMB comparison list about a place that hasn't even been built yet (and is very far from completion).

Whether it's a new business investment or an offplan property it is surely valid to extrapolate some sense of comparitive value?

I make evidence based value judgements. I have'nt been to the moon but I've a fair idea what it's like. I have'nt been to the Great Barrier Reef, but again I think I could make a pretty good call.

To expand your argument I should wait until the place is built, but the problem is I would not have been able to secure the particular property for the price I did.

Comparing my recent experience as an end user in Sardinia is sound. The experience of talking with other holiday makers (ie end users) further under - pinned the attractiveness of a project like Saidia.

Biglog the issue you deride me over constantly is my failure to visit so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users