#1 niksimms

niksimms

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:42 PM

I have an house valued at £165,000

What would make people view the property.

Do I put £165,000 and get no viewings

Do I put 'In the region of £160,000' or

Do I put 'In excess of £145,000'

Will the 'In excess' thing make you view the property?

Cheers
Nik
Regards
Nik
http://www.prestigehomesnetwork.co.uk
The housing market, more than a roller coaster ride

#2 ScaredEitherWay

ScaredEitherWay

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts
  • About Me:Waiting for the right house.

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:21 PM

Cheers
Nik

£165,000 - otherwise I think you are going to mess about with the price later if I make an offer. When I buy I like to know the price. I never look at "in excess of" - it annoys me. "in the region of" I think you will still want to be greedy,

I'd prefer to see your price, then if I like it make an offer.

#3 graham

graham

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:16 AM

Hello everyone,

When we are looking for new homes the price is probably not the first criteria that is considered. A well presented brochure and accurate discription is the best place to start. If working through an estate agent ring them on a weekly basis for an update. Ask for proof of advertisement and interest.
Most people now are making offers up to 10% below the asking price so be aware that you will be faced with some negotiation on price.
Finally location and demand are key factors in the market, check how much other properties have gone for in the area.
If you are looking for a new home to buy, rent or relocate why not visit associate home finders

#4 graham

graham

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:50 AM

Cheers
Nik

Hi I have view thousands of properties and the best start you can get is with an accxurate description and a pro active ea. Keep the ea on their toes by asking for weekly updates and forth coming advertisements. Buyers are regularly bidding 10% below asking price so be prepared to negotiated. Check recent house sales in your area and set your price in line with the findings
If you are looking for a new home to buy, rent or relocate why not visit associate home finders

#5 Chris_86

Chris_86

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:13 PM

Make sure the EA that valued it is somewhere near right, check out what similar house have sold for in the area on nethouseprices (you be suprised how many EA's don't even bother with this and will just look at asking prices in you area).

A good pro-active agent is going to get more viewings at sensible money that a poor agent with it on cheaper.

A friend of a friend put there flat on with a local agent i advised against (they went with them as they had the lowest fees) anyway, 3 weeks later - still didnt even have a pic of the property in there window! i called the office out of interest 5 weeks in to be told they had nothing in that area for that price!!! The days of easy sales are long gone (in my area anyway).

PS_ i have found puting it in at sensible price and offers over £xxx,xxx is the way to go.

#6 john beck real estate

john beck real estate

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:34 AM

Probably the County Assessor's Office..... if they are even posted.

#7 Bingley Bloke

Bingley Bloke

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:19 PM

"reduced to £65,000" would do the trick for me. Cheers!
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth!

#8 prosto_zabrevi

prosto_zabrevi

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

Cheers
Nik

Hello, if it helps

I would put a simple price and leave out the 'in excess of' or 'in the region of'. I am in Wiltshire and there are lots of houses constantly shifting between OIEO and OIRO etc. In the end it seems they all come back to stating what they want.

I don't know about your house nor the target market you have for it but I always get put off by estate agents on rightmove who insist on using 'fisheye' lenses or including only a couple of pictures...if I see pictures of the exterior and garden it makes me wonder what is so awful about the inside that they couldn't show it.

Have a nice weekend

Stan

#9 chichi

chichi

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 02:29 PM

Ask your EA how many people are on their books looking for propertys in the different price bands.

If it's not in my price range I'm not going to request a viewing.
Stephen fry for pope.

#10 gilf

gilf

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:40 AM

Personally I wouldn't bother looking at anything without a "fixed" price, OIEO and OIRO both suggest to me that you want more than that price and are therefore no going to be interested in what I would consider a serious offer.

#11 eastleighfan

eastleighfan

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:35 AM

3 main things would make me view a property
1 Is it in my price range ?
2 Is it in the locality I want to live in ?
3 What sort of house is it ? Basically if it is post 1939 , then I don't want to know ! (sorry if that sounds eccentric !)
If it's overpriced ,then I won't bother to look at it

#12 Yorkshire Lad

Yorkshire Lad

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:25 PM

3 main things would make me view a property
1 Is it in my price range ?
2 Is it in the locality I want to live in ?
3 What sort of house is it ? Basically if it is post 1939 , then I don't want to know ! (sorry if that sounds eccentric !)
If it's overpriced ,then I won't bother to look at it

Having just sold ours, we are now looking for another one.

We know where we want to live, so location is important.

The location is more important than price, as we intend to stay there for at least 10 years. Its likely that we wont be buying in the next few months until the market partially stabilises and sellers actually realise that they are living in overpriced properties. We dont want to make too many viewings, and if we do end up making an offer will make an opening offer in the region of 30% less than the EA price.

We're looking at this one:
http://www.rightmove...5...=1&tr_t=buy

#13 deeplyblue

deeplyblue

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:18 AM

I don't know about your house nor the target market you have for it but I always get put off by estate agents on rightmove who insist on using 'fisheye' lenses or including only a couple of pictures...if I see pictures of the exterior and garden it makes me wonder what is so awful about the inside that they couldn't show it.

This thread probably counts as moribund, if not dead, but I saw this point and wanted to add a "Hear, hear!" to this one - especially the "fisheye" trick, which makes me squint, trying to work out what the real proportions are.

Just to add one more feature which I really appreciate - the floor plan. There's more than one property which I would have written off, but a look at the floor plan has made me think that it might be worth a look. Of course, some properties, I've taken a good look at the plan and decided it wouldn't work for me, and not gone. But, then, if I had gone, then the layout would have ruled it out anyway, so I've saved you and me the time and trouble of an unprofitable viewing.

Like Stan I do wonder what's wrong with a place when they only show you the outside. The more photos the better, providing they are not duplicates (still quite common) or misleading (fisheye lens shots).

A good description helps too. I don't mean the "this incredibly wonderful property which stands out as a great family home in an incredibly beautiful setting." I mean, "Victorian terraced house in conservation area, close to shops." or, on a different scale "Bedroom 2 xm x ym (plus imperial measurements) two windows, one overlooking the back garden. Double radiator under the main window, TV and telephone socket, high ceiling with decorative cornicing. Built-in desk/storage." Plus a picture - even if it is the awful teenager's bedroom. I'm not going to be worried about teenage mess if I'm buying a house for my own messy teenagers! What's the point of dragging people in to a house which they think is going to be palatial, only for them to realise that's it dirty and pokey, even if you love it? Accurate descriptions need not tell all the awful truth, but it does help if they don;t actually mislead. And does anyone still believe that "viewing is essential"? :huh:

As for pricing - I tend to disregard the OIRO or OIEO. With prices generally on the slide, I regard all asking prices as negotiable - the only price descriptions I take seriously are the rare ones saying, "Fixed Price. No Offers." I do take a look at houses which are labelled as "reduced" - I'm a sucker for sale bargains - but that only takes me as far as looking at the details on RightMove, not actually viewing, unless the specs match what I'm after.

db

#14 geoffk

geoffk

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:42 PM

Hello everyone,

When we are looking for new homes the price is probably not the first criteria that is considered. A well presented brochure and accurate discription is the best place to start. If working through an estate agent ring them on a weekly basis for an update. Ask for proof of advertisement and interest.
Most people now are making offers up to 10% below the asking price so be aware that you will be faced with some negotiation on price.
Finally location and demand are key factors in the market, check how much other properties have gone for in the area.

:lol: :lol: :lol: A BULL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ithink you will find people are offering up to 30% off and getting it..shiny brochures...dont be silly..i am sure you are a ea

the price is probably not the first criteria that is considered........you are a fool

Edited by geoffk, 01 December 2008 - 07:43 PM.

If every person in the world was given 1/4 of an acre of land
The whole of the worlds population would fit into Australia
With the rest of the worlds land left over.

The tv license is the modern day poll tax.....stop paying it

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." -- President George Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

#15 Willy Weasel

Willy Weasel

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:27 PM

For me it has to be well taken photos and a floor plan you can actually read. It still amazes me that EAs using Rightmove use such awful pictures and if they upload a floor plan at all it is often so small you can't even see the dimensions.
Now Willy has been hurt. And all because he didn't ask his mummy to go with him to the ice cream van. When you want to go the ice cream van, always take mummy with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users