House Price Crash Forum

Australia Has The Right Idea?

cockrobin

HOLA441

In the light of recent terrorist activity in England & Scotland...

Australia has the right idea ?

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on National Television.

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia : one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."

"However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia ." "However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own languag! e and our own lifestyle."

"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom"

"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society ... Learn the language!"

"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."

"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."

"If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.

"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'."

"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.

HOLA442
HOLA443

Sounds fair enough to me. When in Rome...

As an athiest I'm a bit dubious about the 'God' bit, but there's no denying that Christianity is the foundation of Australian (and British) civilisation.

I'm no racist, but equally no believer in a 'multi-cultural society'. People prepared to integrate and abide by our values and culture are welcome.

If not; clear off!

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

.....blah blah.....

"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.

I don't want to get on my high horse about this, but to say that that Christian principles have founded the nation is somewhat distasteful. The nation grew during the genocide of the aboriginal people who were there already, thank you very much. There were countless languages already being spoken in Australia, before English arrived. Kangaroo, bilabong, boomerang anyone?

Of course, because they weren't 'Christians', they meant nothing, and didn't count as human beings. To count them as human beings would have given them rights, which would have been inconvenient to say the least.

What I'm getting at is the hypocrisy of a nation that was happy to push aside every inconvenient culture to satisfy its own gains, but feels insulted when there is a suggestion that the tables might be turned.

HOLA447
Knuckle-dragging Nazi ba5tards. They need to get out of the stone age and into the 21st century. The world is for sharing and if Muslims want to live in Australia and practice Sharia law then they should be able to.

Just like Christians, Jews etc are allowed to practise their religions in Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia?

HOLA448

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on National Television.

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia : one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."

"However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia ." "However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own languag! e and our own lifestyle."

"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom"

"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society ... Learn the language!"

"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."

"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."

"If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.

"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'."

Not going to happen here. Brown needs all the immigrants he can get to keep HPI rolling.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Knuckle-dragging Nazi ba5tards. They need to get out of the stone age and into the 21st century. The world is for sharing and if Muslims want to live in Australia and practice Sharia law then they should be able to.

Mate you have no clue at all :)

Here here for the Aussies is what I say. About time someone somewhere put a stop to this multi culteral ********!

mark.

HOLA4413

Happen here?? Don't make me laugh!

The only prerequisite the Home Office appears to require in granting citizenship is that you want to come and live in Britain. That's good enough for them. Maybe you are a convicted rapist or murderer, no problem, come to England and carry on murdering and raping!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/5080512.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/5181758.stm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...mp;in_a_source=

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,...1183201,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4954476.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/5191178.stm

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...ticle664275.ece

and as for this character...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

why don't we have the death penalty for his sort? Or vigilante organisations who will do the job if the State is too squeamish?? Are there any men left in England??

Clue... the inmates have taken over the jail...

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/politics/st...1779772,00.html

And what on earth is this person doing in the country? Don't we have a secret security service that puts bullets in people like this and buries them in cement???

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/c...icle2076241.ece

Britain is going to carry on self-destructing for a good many years yet...

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Absolute rubbish sharia law is stone age not Australia!

Good on the Aussies for having the balls to stand up to these freaks and crackpots, believe me if you were under sharia law you would bleating like a new born lamb!

Do you agree with stoning a woman to death for being unfaithful? Having women as second class citizens? Forcing Muslim law (which is sharia law by the way), are you happy to convert....brother?

Maybe you are, but I certainly am not and neither are the Australian people, thank heavens for common sense politics and people sticking up for THEIR principles rather than putting up with a load of ******** forced on them by others!

HOLA4418

****** if u go 2 another country u should integrate to their way of life, if my understanding is correct sharias law has some direct conflicts with laws in other countries.

HOLA4419
This is why so many people want to emigrate to OZ. They have balls and say what they think.

G

Sorry,

What they say and what they do are two different things.

That statement was nothing more than pandering to the American style jingoism that is now pandemic here. On the ground, things are not that much different to the UK.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
I don't want to get on my high horse about this, but to say that that Christian principles have founded the nation is somewhat distasteful. The nation grew during the genocide of the aboriginal people who were there already, thank you very much. There were countless languages already being spoken in Australia, before English arrived. Kangaroo, bilabong, boomerang anyone?

Of course, because they weren't 'Christians', they meant nothing, and didn't count as human beings. To count them as human beings would have given them rights, which would have been inconvenient to say the least.

What I'm getting at is the hypocrisy of a nation that was happy to push aside every inconvenient culture to satisfy its own gains, but feels insulted when there is a suggestion that the tables might be turned.

Sh1t happens, get over it.

The UK and Australia was founded on Christian Principles, so they are right, dont come here if you dont like our history.

And as they are saying..........If you dont like our principles, then you can excercise your other great Freedom that our democracy has, and that is the right to leave when you like,.

Try that is Iraq, or Iran, and its off to Chop Chop Square.

I like this text very much, its in no way racist, and it explains how WE ALL feel in Britain today.

I think all immigrants, down to the 7th generation should be recalled and ask to swear allegience to the Queen of England, and our nation, if they refuse, then the should be sent back to where they came from and live under the laws of their own lands, seeing as they like them so much.

HOLA4422
Do you agree with stoning a woman to death for being unfaithful? Having women as second class citizens? Forcing Muslim law (which is sharia law by the way), are you happy to convert....brother?

Of course. It;s their law, they live and die by it. Fairdo's them I say, they're not forcing you to live by their law it's of no concern to you.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Good on the ozzies for saying enough is enough,no more PC.

however,there are aspects of modern supposed "christian" life that are a problem.

the relaxation of gambling laws is one of them.

I'm not saying ban it altogether...a bit like booze or smoking,prohibition doesn't work.

Just it needs better regulation than we have now,we are at risk of having a knee-jerk response.

so in this respect,maybe christians and muslims ARE united,we know things are going a bit wrong,but disagree on the method of sorting it out.....a little tact and understanding is called for,rather than finger-pointing.

Archived