3096 replies to this topic

#31 tigsrenting

tigsrenting

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:19 PM

Reading the Argus today "An area covering all of Whitehawk and stretching to Bristol Gardens, in Kemp Town, no longer receives deliveries from Asda because the supermarket is worried about its drivers safety"
Hope it is in the National press by the end of the week might do something to the prices around there :rolleyes:

#32 crown

crown

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:28 AM

I have been following the BTL market in Brighton for years.

Interestingly the number of flats for sale in Brighton between 60k and 250k has gone up form around 300 to 830 in the last 6 months.

Although a huge flood of property, the estate agents are finding july and august well below normal.

The yields do not stack up anymore on properties and seem to be being bought by first time BTL brigade, who do not understand economics.

#33 christhpc

christhpc

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:14 PM

Reading the Argus today "An area covering all of Whitehawk and stretching to Bristol Gardens, in Kemp Town, no longer receives deliveries from Asda because the supermarket is worried about its drivers safety"
Hope it is in the National press by the end of the week might do something to the prices around there :rolleyes:

Aha, I saw that headline on a board outside a newsagent yesterday. Of course the board left out the offending estate as a hook. I said to my companion, 'bet it's Whitehawk'. :P

Here's the story online, with the reporter apparently taking a pro-scum line:
Supermarket snubs community

#34 christhpc

christhpc

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:17 PM

Just had to add this comment left by an argus reader:

I am one of the drivers at ASDA. Now, until you have personally experienced what it is like to deliver to some back street in deepest darkest Whitehawk at 9pm on a Friday night, don't come moaning to us. Trust me, it is a f***ing scary experience. The facts speak for themselves. We delivered to Whitehawk for two weeks, in that two weeks two drivers were attacked and another had some shopping stolen. Outside Whitehawk, in the three months or so that we have been operating, we have only had one minor theft. Co-incidence? I think not. It is the minority spoiling it for the majority, but at the end of the day our safety has to be priority. And for me mere 6.28 an hour, I'm not putting myself in any danger whatsoever.

#35 yellerkat

yellerkat

Meh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:49 PM

They're even including OUR area (Wilson Ave, Marlow Rd, Reading Rd, Peel Rd) which most assuredly is not Whitehawk!

:o :o :o

= :lol: I pop over the hill to Sainsbury's, anyway.

Posted Image

#36 tigsrenting

tigsrenting

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:02 PM

Hello yellercat was there much fear and loathing to be had in Brighton and Hove tonight? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Did you happen to mention NR or the latest Rightmove survey? 3.3% down in the south east. :lol: :lol: :lol:

#37 tigsrenting

tigsrenting

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:06 PM

Interestingly the number of flats for sale in Brighton between 60k and 250k has gone up form around 300 to 830 in the last 6 months.

Although a huge flood of property, the estate agents are finding july and august well below normal.

The yields do not stack up anymore on properties and seem to be being bought by first time BTL brigade, who do not understand economics.

Lovely news Crown. :lol: :lol: :lol: Off to do my bit now and spread the fear and loathing in Brighton and Hove :P

#38 yellerkat

yellerkat

Meh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:36 PM

Hello yellercat was there much fear and loathing to be had in Brighton and Hove tonight? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The atmosphere in our pub was diabolical on Friday night - City lawyer type seriously worried about the economy. Could've been down to the rugby though! :P

Posted Image

#39 tigsrenting

tigsrenting

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:15 PM

The atmosphere in our pub was diabolical on Friday night - City lawyer type seriously worried about the economy. Could've been down to the rugby though! :P

Try taking Wednesday's Argus in next time and in a loud voice "Oh my word look at all these reavailables whatever can that mean" :lol: or maybe "There's over 200 flats in this rag with vacant possession anyone know what that means?" :lol: Better not though in this property developer, investor, estate agent, letting agent btl riddled town you might be lynched :blink:

#40 equitystasher

equitystasher

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:56 PM

Sounds a very nice increase in supply at the bottom of the pyramid. Please try and keep track and post any increases.

My search on Rightmove of Bn2 which is quite a small area has recently jumped from 7 to nearly 9 pages. Will keep a eye out and post any updates.

As far as prices the majority still seem determined to hold out for their asking price.

#41 234SALE

234SALE

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:32 AM

I nearly bought this 6 months ago

http://www.rydon.co....ework_home.html

It was originally advertised at 345,000

I was going to pay 330,000

I did complete as I knew it was to much

They tried to sell 325,000 but I think some else managed to get them down too 315,000

But its still reserved which means the buyer is probably pulling out.

So I guess we we see it for 300,000 soon still with no buyers

#42 equitystasher

equitystasher

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:56 AM

I nearly bought this 6 months ago

http://www.rydon.co....ework_home.html

It was originally advertised at 345,000

I was going to pay 330,000

I did complete as I knew it was to much

They tried to sell 325,000 but I think some else managed to get them down too 315,000

But its still reserved which means the buyer is probably pulling out.

So I guess we we see it for 300,000 soon still with no buyers

I have heard alot of adverts on the radio for Rydon developments. Not the odd one now and again but one almost every advert break. Must be eager to shift these :P

#43 tigsrenting

tigsrenting

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:37 PM

I know of at least 30 student properties still lying empty, so it makes me wonder how many there really are. How many I wonder belong to new BTL'S. They want on average 1700pcm for some sh****le in Moulsecombe. How many will go to the wall in the next couple of months, because if they are not filled now the LL's must be bricking it.

#44 234SALE

234SALE

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:11 AM

I have heard alot of adverts on the radio for Rydon developments. Not the odd one now and again but one almost every advert break. Must be eager to shift these :P

They have 2 units reserved, but they have been reserved for ever...

I wish, but at 300K for a 1000 sqft shoe box, that isn't cheap..

I think we will see a 20% reduction in price in the next 2 years

Edited by 234SALE, 22 September 2007 - 06:12 AM.

#45 equitystasher

equitystasher

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:39 PM

They have 2 units reserved, but they have been reserved for ever...

I wish, but at 300K for a 1000 sqft shoe box, that isn't cheap..

I think we will see a 20% reduction in price in the next 2 years

I think possibly more. I would not want to live in a flat near West Street.That is hen and stag central. Plenty of shouting of vomit till the early hours every weekend. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users