441 replies to this topic

#16 Van

Van

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 08:57 PM

Might as well extend this to Haarts' various brands to see how different markets are faring.

Haart: General, most of the south & midlands
Felicity J Lords: Plush London properties
Spicer McColl: London, Essex, Kent, Hartfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Sufolk
Bailys: East Sussex
Darlows: South Wales

Results:

Haart: 969/9837 (9.85%)
FJL: 64/780 (8.2%)
Spicer McColl: 403/3653 (11.03%)
Bailys: 9/56 (16.07%)
Darlows: 148/1940 (7.63%)

To be updated from time to time!
"When you combine ignorance and borrowed money, the consequences can get interesting." - Warren Buffett

"If you let inflation expectations drift too far away from the target, you can end up in quite serious difficulty with a costly process to bring them back again." - Mervyn King, 2005

#17 Buffer Bear

Buffer Bear

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 11:36 PM

969 now.
"Debt is the slavery of the free" Publilius Syrus, 42 BC.

#18 Control Freak

Control Freak

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:00 PM

Will we hit 4 figures??

#19 Gtr London FTB

Gtr London FTB

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:14 PM

#20 Lenny

Lenny

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:37 PM

I have just telephoned an estate agent in the North West on request of my sister to see if her colleague's property has sold for £135 and it has ! although I know she had to drop her price by a few thousand! I think she is very lucky to have sold it as the market is flooded around here.

I ended up chatting to the EA who wouldnt let me off the phone - every time I tried to end the call she asked me another question. Basically she frightened the hell out of me. All I wanted to know was if the property was still on the market. She kept me on the phone for 5 minutes asking how much deposit I had and who is mortgage offer with, and she could get me a better one, blah, blah, blah.

According to her property is flying off the shelves !!! :lol: and that the downturn in the market is only in London. :rolleyes: Cant believe it myself. I have been checking rightmove co uk and there is over 250 properties for sale just in my local area with more added each day. Another EA has dozens of reduced sales and no chains. Also I have lost count of the new property thats being thrown up. There are new developments everywhere! :lol:

At lunchtime I strolled around the estate agents in Manchester town centre - every one was empty. A letting agency (who I have rented from in the past) has decided to dedicate a window to sales instead of the to lets? :rolleyes:

Speaking to that EA actually made my skin crawl - yuk - doesnt fill me with hope when it comes to my turn! :o

#21 zzg113

zzg113

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,042 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:41 PM

She kept me on the phone for 5 minutes

If property is flying off the shelves, why does she have 5 minutes to spend on the phone begging you to buy? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Al Greenspan, who facilitated the birth of world-wide HPI with irrationally exuberant interest rates

mortgage

#22 doogie

doogie

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:32 PM

1004 now.

:lol:

#23 Lenny

Lenny

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:36 PM

If property is flying off the shelves, why does she have 5 minutes to spend on the phone begging you to buy? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know !!!

She kept chewing my ear off - then asked for my phone number. I told her I didnt have a phone. The only way I could end the call was to give her my address so she could send info out !!!!

I'll let you know how many properties are on her books - bet she has hardly any - i mean if they are flying off the shelves !!!! :lol:

#24 zzg113

zzg113

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,042 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:54 PM

I told her I didnt have a phone

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only way I could end the call was to give her my address so she could send info out !!!!

I would have given her a false address.
Al Greenspan, who facilitated the birth of world-wide HPI with irrationally exuberant interest rates

mortgage

#25 dinamo

dinamo

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:54 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1004! Hooray!

#26 uforia98

uforia98

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:41 PM

1004! Hooray!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1016 and rising....

#27 leemo

leemo

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 10:17 AM

This thread is excellent B) best evidence yet of a crash, atleast in the area covered: south.

These stats are right up to date. Shows that the recent reports of "stability" in the market by the VIs are bonkers.

Now 1017...

#28 Yandros

Yandros

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 06:42 PM

Now 1057

Cool thread. Worth updating every day maybe.

#29 Realistbear

Realistbear

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,317 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 07:12 PM

How about having the counter on the main HPC page for all to see before they click on a particular thread. Countdown to Armageddon! Trouble is, Haart will soon get wind of it and massage the figures. Watching supply rise is a very acurate indicator of where demand is moving--down.
CRIMBOCASTS for y/e 2013

1. The Euro will have another bad year and may hit parity with the US$ before the end of the year.
2. The Pound will not move much against the dollar (range 1.47-1.60) but is likely to regain a lot of ground verses the Euro which may not survive. US $ will be a safe bet, especially ST bonds and large caps.
3. Stocks should finish moderately higher than 2012 barring a war with Korea and Iran.
4. Gold will not be flying to the moon (again) and will bitterly disappoint (again) any who got in during the run up in 2011.
5. House prices: Flattish to up single digits overall..
6. Not much in the way of inflation again this year--those who forecast hyperinflation will be proven wrong (again--as in 2011 and 2012)
7. Could see a snap GE after the May elections which will be the worst result EVER for Dave. UKIP continue to make headway and will be number 3 before year end.

#30 Buffer Bear

Buffer Bear

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 09:55 PM

"Debt is the slavery of the free" Publilius Syrus, 42 BC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users