2315 replies to this topic

#2266 Alba

Alba

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:24 AM

I too thought it was curious that there was no overall report on sales compared with rentals.

There must be some sort of distortion of the stats going on due to high value sales. Some west end properties are going for astronomical figures. At simple face value the stats look good but I have noticed from actual observation an increasing number of west end flats and elsewhere that have been on the market for some time, which are not moving. These are flats that would have usually sold fairly quickly.

A thorough analysis of various parameters over time would be needed for an accurate interpretation of what is actually going on.

It is useful to examine the surveyors' comments in the HIPs for most recent entries. They sometimes provide a sentence on the state of the market.

#2267 geneer

geneer

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:32 PM

Latest quarterly report from the ASPC for the 2nd quarter of 2011. House prices in the Aberdeen area are up by an average of 8% compared to the 1st quarter:

http://www.aspc.co.u...ices-2011Q2.pdf

Just look at the reports and its clear that the stats are heavily skewed by a few high end properties.

Most property types in most areas are in fact down.

The overall averages are increasingly becoming meaningless in a multi-tier market with historically low volumes.

#2268 ccc

ccc

I make myself sick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,026 posts
  • About Me:German Girl avatar - http://www.nerve.com/files/archive/theremoteisland/2009/02/german-girl-10.jpg

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:21 PM

Just look at the reports and its clear that the stats are heavily skewed by a few high end properties.

Most property types in most areas are in fact down.

The overall averages are increasingly becoming meaningless in a multi-tier market with historically low volumes.

This is the same with the latest Edinburgh figures too. Every single one of the property types included in the report is down far more than the overall average.
"****** you - you carwash ****"

March 2007 - Suzy Essman.

#2269 aberdeen07

aberdeen07

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

This thread seems to have gone off the boil for some reason.

Anyway, here are the Quarter 4 2011 figures from the Aspc:

Average House Price by Area:

Aberdeen City District

City Centre: 179, 415

Bridge of Don/Danestone: 184,174

Dyce: 201, 203

Bucksburn/Bankhead/Stoneywood: 173,184

Lower Deeside: 337,211

Nigg/Cove: 191,365

Kingswells: 273,393

This is what the figures were in Quarter 1, 2011:

City Centre: 179,814

Bridge of Don/Danestone: 184, 097

Dyce: 176,342

Bucksburn/Bankhead/Stoneywood: 141,430

Lower Deeside: 348,175

Nigg Cove: 177,507

Kingswells: 289,863

Happy New Year everyone! :)

#2270 geneer

geneer

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:56 PM

This thread seems to have gone off the boil for some reason.

Anyway, here are the Quarter 4 2011 figures from the Aspc:

Uh huh.. Theres no Q4 2011 figures on the Aspc website.
http://www.aspc.co.u...o/page_130.html

#2271 aberdeen07

aberdeen07

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

Uh huh.. Theres no Q4 2011 figures on the Aspc website.
http://www.aspc.co.u...o/page_130.html

http://www.aspc.co.u...ices-2011Q4.pdf

#2272 geneer

geneer

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

http://www.aspc.co.uk/Documents/HousePrices-2011Q4.pdf

:lol: 3 months later and nothing to do with what you posted.
Well done.

#2273 Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

Noticed one on the market that we were interested in 2006.

It went under offer on our way up from Yorkshire but we decided to have a look from the outside while we were looking at others. It looked OK so I knocked on the door and had a word with the owner who was moving to Cyprus. She was happy with the 220k offer, on the market at 195k. I left my number in case the sale fell through.

Now on at offers over 367k.

http://www.aspc.co.u...CH/ID?ID=290533
http://www.rightmove...tChangeCriteria

Democorruptcy
If you say "Democorruptcy" quickly, it sounds a bit like "Democracy". In a "Democracy" people vote for politicians who represent their interests. In the UK's "Democorruptcy" people can only vote for expense fiddling thieving MPs who are in the hip pocket of big business and the finance sector.

Governbankment
A "Governbankment" is a Government that has no line between itself and banks. It diverts public money (our taxes) to private companies (banks). George Osborne's Help to Buy Bail Banks, will see our taxes go to bankers to cover their losses on mortgages that default. The UK's Governbankment will even pay bankers "reasonable repossession fees" on Help to Bail Bank mortgages that default.

The Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS) is stealing from savers to make them pay for crimes by bankers. Via lower interest on savings, all the bank fines for PPI, LIBOR, interest rates swaps, etc. are being paid by savers so that bankers can keep pocketing bonuses. 

"We need to make a really big change: from an economy built on debt to an economy built on savings" - David Camoron Jan 2009
"Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed" - George Osborne Jan 2009
- So what do Camoron & Osborne do? Print money and leave interest rates at 0.5% when inflation is over 5%

If it is asserted that civilization is a real advance in the condition of man -- and I think that it is, though only the wise improve their advantages -- it must be shown that it has produced better dwellings without making them more costly; and the cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.
http://classiclit.ab...en-Part-2_4.htm

I want to tell you my secret now.... I see debt people

#2274 rookie

rookie

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

Whens this Aberdeen house price crash due then?

Offshore construction market is going through the roof next 3 years minimum, All offshore companies are short staffed, rates / wages going though the roof also, followed by increase in Renewables work (Offshore wind farms planned UK Wide) and decommissioning work (UK / Norwegian sectors in North Sea)

So how long do we need to wait till the doom mongers are going to have to admit that as unfair as it is, there isnt going to be a house price crash

Your as well shutting down this website

I first came on here about 2002 I think it was, put me off buying a flat till 2006, waited and waited and waited whilst watching House prices rise

Wish i had never come on here as that delay cost me ~40k in equity or so, now stuck in tiny flat paying mortgage instead of having an asset bought at a low price in say 2003

If you can afford a property buy it, no point putting your life on hold waiting for a crash that isnt going to come

#2275 cashinmattress

cashinmattress

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,440 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

Offshore construction market is going through the roof next 3 years minimum, All offshore companies are short staffed, rates / wages going though the roof also, followed by increase in Renewables work (Offshore wind farms planned UK Wide) and decommissioning work (UK / Norwegian sectors in North Sea)

So how long do we need to wait till the doom mongers are going to have to admit that as unfair as it is, there isnt going to be a house price crash

Your as well shutting down this website

I first came on here about 2002 I think it was, put me off buying a flat till 2006, waited and waited and waited whilst watching House prices rise

Wish i had never come on here as that delay cost me ~40k in equity or so, now stuck in tiny flat paying mortgage instead of having an asset bought at a low price in say 2003

If you can afford a property buy it, no point putting your life on hold waiting for a crash that isnt going to come

....just trolling, eh?

How's that going for you?

#2276 rookie

rookie

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

....just trolling, eh?

How's that going for you?

Nothing to do with Trolling

I have as much right as you have to post on this "Discussion" forum

But does my point of view not suit your negative agenda? Does every post need to be doom and gloom?

You dont have any response to the queries I raised in last post no? hows waiting about for 10 years + for a house price crash that isnt going to come going for you?

#2277 geneer

geneer

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

Fact Check Please. According to ASPC...

Aberdeen City Discrict.

City Centre.
Peak. 186377
Q1 2012. 177690.

Bridge of Donn.
Peak. 198261
Q1 2012 161775.

Dyce.
Peak.202182.
Q1 2012.192461.

Nigg/Cove
Peak. 197003.
Q1 2012. 169755

Bucksburn.
Peak. 150220.
Q1 2012. 144704.

Lower Deeside.
Peak. 452053.
Q1 2012. 299571.
-152482 (ouch)

Kingswells.
Peak. 323028.
Q1 2012. 283422.

Not as "immune" as you suggest.

You appear to be talking nonsense.
In the same manner as the bampots who claim "there hasn't been a house price crash" any where in the UK, because London stats are pulling up the average.

Context and analysis.

Edited by geneer, 31 July 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#2278 Torryloonmadegood

Torryloonmadegood

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Rookie is right, those in Aberdeen working in oil and gas are enjoying a fair old boom, its back to 2007 on steroids !

Date rates up, sign on bonuses again, 10 calls a day from recruiters promising the earth etc its going to be busy for the next two years at least which is just magic.

Its no doubt difficult for those not in the industry on national pay scales but regardless of the desire for prices to drop theres still plenty of cash floating around at present.

I'd question the statistical basis of the figures above, how many houses in Lower Deeside were sold in Q1 - one cottage needing renovation or 20 family homes ?

Of the houses I'm aware my mates have sold recently - all went quickly, most within 4-5 weeks and at or over home report valuation, certainly none were hanging around or had to cut their price for a sale.

The last two budgets have created a real movement to freelance - PAYE is a mugs game to keep non-productive public service "non-workers" in "employment". High end houses are being supported but day rate guys but so are cheap flats with buy to let purchases through Ltd co's as pensions - this is going to continue with Aberdeen rents at records and negative interest at the bank.

Can't see a crash either to be honest.

#2279 cashinmattress

cashinmattress

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,440 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

With 250 trillion extracted from the UKCS, and much of that through Scottish/Aberdonian territory, there sure isn't much to show off, in the oil capital of Europe.

Everything comes in cycles, yes, and this town is definitely not immune to them. [oil price ca. 1998]

However, there is 100% definitely NOT going to be another 80's, 90's, or 00's era E&P boom in the North Sea.

Fracking operations will keep things rolling, but most of that will be implemented subsea, keeping a lot of bodies on the beach with no job function; although I think that this rushed approach will end in tears, at least until all the wrinkles are ironed out, if indeed they can be.

The actual mechanics of liquefaction and transporting the gas is currently in development across many academic institutions, which is going to be a ship based technology, most likely driven by the small players wanting out of the BP forties pipeline hedgemon (if it works). Once again, not employing locals.

Finally, decommissioning of the sector will not carry the town at its current level, which is quite crap to be honest, not even close. Not even sure where the money is going to come from for that...

I bet there were a lot of silver miners in California, ca 1850 onwards that said the party would never end.

Oh, and to you Rookie, Hamish, or whatever your name is, get a life man. Your sums don't add up and your logic is flawed.

#2280 rookie

rookie

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

With 250 trillion extracted from the UKCS, and much of that through Scottish/Aberdonian territory, there sure isn't much to show off, in the oil capital of Europe.

Everything comes in cycles, yes, and this town is definitely not immune to them. [oil price ca. 1998]

However, there is 100% definitely NOT going to be another 80's, 90's, or 00's era E&P boom in the North Sea.

Fracking operations will keep things rolling, but most of that will be implemented subsea, keeping a lot of bodies on the beach with no job function; although I think that this rushed approach will end in tears, at least until all the wrinkles are ironed out, if indeed they can be.

The actual mechanics of liquefaction and transporting the gas is currently in development across many academic institutions, which is going to be a ship based technology, most likely driven by the small players wanting out of the BP forties pipeline hedgemon (if it works). Once again, not employing locals.

Finally, decommissioning of the sector will not carry the town at its current level, which is quite crap to be honest, not even close. Not even sure where the money is going to come from for that...

I bet there were a lot of silver miners in California, ca 1850 onwards that said the party would never end.

Oh, and to you Rookie, Hamish, or whatever your name is, get a life man. Your sums don't add up and your logic is flawed.

And to to you cash in the mattress

Get off the Prozac and get informed, go into any subsea construction companies office and ask how the next 5 years are looking

Your the one in the dark, you've obviously no idea what is going on in this city with your last post, your depressive posts are laughable

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users