18 replies to this topic

#1 shermanator

shermanator

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 07:43 PM

Around Dulwich there are plenty of "sale agreed" boards around but the EAs are still advertising the properties.

Now is "sale agreed" just another term for "sold" OR "under offer"?

I'm a bit confused as many of these "sale agreed" properties still haven't changed hands.

OTOH, I could just be reading too much into it but there do seem a distinct lack of removal vans around here :blink:

#2 libitina

libitina

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 07:45 PM

Around Dulwich there are plenty of "sale agreed" boards around but the EAs are still advertising the properties.

I'm a bit confused as many of these "sale agreed" properties still haven't changed hands.

OTOH, I could just be reading too much into it but there do seem a distinct lack of removal vans around here :blink:

I wondered that when perusing right move yesterday. Still some STCs as well, and I'm sure some were from the same ea??

#3 tahoma

tahoma

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 07:52 PM

'Sale agreed', 'Sold STC' etc = 'Not been actually sold yet and probably never will at this price, but you had better get on the ladder now because a wise investor has just joined the free money party! Go on! Ring us on the number on this sign this minute, otherwise you are nothing. NOTHING.'

'Sale agreed' is just more... snappy.

Edited by tahoma, 29 April 2006 - 07:55 PM.

Virtually no idea is too ridiculous to be accepted, even by very intelligent and highly educated people, if it provides a way for them to feel special and important. Some confuse that feeling with idealism.

The vision of the anointed is one in which ills as poverty, irresponsible sex, and crime derive primarily from 'society,' rather than from individual choices and behavior. To believe in personal responsibility would be to destroy the whole special role of the anointed, whose vision casts them in the role of rescuers of people treated unfairly by 'society'.

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.

Thomas Sowell

#4 delite1

delite1

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 07:53 PM

I think it means the Vendor and the estate agent have agreed to sell it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now all they need is a buyer!

#5 tahoma

tahoma

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 08:57 PM

Well, if you will split hairs. Have you not heard of perpetual financial motion? It's different this time. There is a new par-a-dime chamone.

Ow!

Virtually no idea is too ridiculous to be accepted, even by very intelligent and highly educated people, if it provides a way for them to feel special and important. Some confuse that feeling with idealism.

The vision of the anointed is one in which ills as poverty, irresponsible sex, and crime derive primarily from 'society,' rather than from individual choices and behavior. To believe in personal responsibility would be to destroy the whole special role of the anointed, whose vision casts them in the role of rescuers of people treated unfairly by 'society'.

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.

Thomas Sowell

#6 devils advocate

devils advocate

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 09:18 PM

You have a 'property' for sale. B&Q would describe it as a garden shed. Messrs Shyster Lyster, Estate Agents of repute are marketing it.

I'm easily led, and want to get on the mythical ladder. I wander along to Shyster Lyster on my day off, and speak to their mortgage advisor. He hears details of my income and says that I'm just the sort of person a 'lie to buy' mortgage is aimed at. He's really nice, and as a special favour he offers to fill in all the forms in his spare time that night. It saves me the bother, and all I have to do is sign in 14 places on the application form before he takes it away.

Because the estate agent is really good as well, he manages to get you to accept only 95% of the market value for your property. I know what the market value is, because that's what its being marketed for.

I'm going to be a property owner, and the sale agreed sign goes up in front of your property. This, however, doesn't mean that I have to buy it, nor does it mean that you have to sell it to me. But when it happens, that's going to be great because I've never had an investment before. It's an investment because it's costing me a lot more than my current rent, and I'll be able to sell it in a few years for more than I paid for it, and then I can use that to repay my mortgage and also move further up the ladder.

I now know that I've managed to become an investor like all these people in the city I hear about. No, I don't want a 1million salary like them. I don't want to be greedy.

#7 tahoma

tahoma

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 09:36 PM

I now know that I've managed to become an investor like all these people in the city I hear about. No, I don't want a 1million salary like them. I don't want to be greedy.

...and you are thus a true investor! Joy! Free money! Doubtless, prior to this investment you would know where the nearest Audi/BMW/Nicole Farhi outlet is.

How come prievious generations did not find it so easy? Suckers!

Edited by tahoma, 29 April 2006 - 09:36 PM.

Thomas Sowell

#8 Spring In The Air

Spring In The Air

VI Troll

• Trolls
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:03 PM

The innocence on here is touching. All you twenty somethings that have never bought or sold a property and you know SO MUCH about it!

#9 tahoma

tahoma

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:12 PM

The innocence on here is touching. All you twenty somethings that have never bought or sold a property and you know SO MUCH about it!

Bought one. Sold one. 100K. Avoided paying child in a shiny suit one penny. Go home SITA. You desperate little t*rd.

Thomas Sowell

#10 backtoparents

backtoparents

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:14 PM

It should read...

SELLER GREED.

btp
"We've become a nation of con men, living by selling double glazing to each other." - Fred Dibnah MBE

"Yes, I know I bang on about this but it's the elephant in the kitchen." - Jeff Randall talks about Britain's ballooning personal credit problem in the Daily Torygraph, 3rd May 2006

198 ways to take action.

#11 Veritas

Veritas

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:33 PM

"Sale Agreed" is EA code which means that someone in an eight strong chain, with no hope of it holding together, has offered to buy the property. Don't despair however, because if you're interesed in the property (and have a smaller chain than eight), why not ring the EA and arrange a viewing, as the vendor is willing to play purchasers off againt each other, and thus totally P*****g off the initial hopeful purchaser.

In other words "sale agreed" means that the vendor can brag about achieving a sale, whilst still playing the field looking for better placed punters willing to buy his overpriced house.

Now you know.

#12 Guest_Bart of Darkness_*

Guest_Bart of Darkness_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2006 - 03:27 AM

I think it means the Vendor and the estate agent have agreed to sell it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Love it!

It should read...

SELLER GREED.

:lol: Even better.

Lay off having a go at Spring has gone out of his Step, his mum is forcing him to clean up his room every week or he gets no pocket money, that's why he's so cranky these days.

One day she'll find his jizz mags, then he'll be in a really bad mood.

#13 apom

apom

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:00 AM

Poor old dear a few doors down from my folks has been trying to sell to move closer to her daughter..
for over a year and a half..
she now has a buyer, who have just put a similar house on the market... they need to sell.

FTB'S ARE BEING AGRESIVLY TARGETED..the ladder is broken.. sale agread means its on a broken chain..
find the buyer who is not an idiot FTB with his IO self cert..
people cannot move up the ladder now..
apom
Still want to buy? or perhaps you didn’t think that the boomer generation was an issue.
http://www.federalre...847/ifdp847.pdf
So why did the Boom happen?
http://news.sky.com/...1256664,00.html
And what will happen when the levels of debt make people want to be paid more?
http://business.guar...,843624,00.html

The greatest trick Gordon Brown ever made was to convince a great deal of people that they were getting richer as they slid further and further into debt.. That people embraced debt and that this debt was also sold abroad formed the basis for the whole economy.. Smoke and Mirrors.. Shame on you Mr Brown
The amount of smoke that gets blown up your bottom in this lifetime is directly proportional to how far it is that you bend over.

#14 Seen It Before

Seen It Before

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:26 AM

Bought one. Sold one. 100K. Avoided paying child in a shiny suit one penny. Go home SITA. You desperate little t*rd.

Just because he is pointing out some of the complete rubbish be posted on this site there is no need to be rude.

It is very clear that quite a lot of comments are made without thinking it through and based no actual facts or real life experience.

The armageddon a lot of you are wishing for would not just stop at house prices and the knock on affect on everyone would be disasterous.

#15 tahoma

tahoma

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:41 AM

The armageddon a lot of you are wishing for would not just stop at house prices and the knock on affect on everyone would be disasterous.

'disasterous' - is that a new EA term? Sorry SITA, just as you could not take a financial article seriously due to a spelling error, you have just completely discredited yourself IMO! :P

Sorry if I was rude. But you are an infuriating little git.

Thomas Sowell

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users