• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:31 PM

You do?!
Ok, you're a twit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

a ''more than'' succesful twit, at that :D
coming after the man behind the pseudonym ''BBB'' rather than addressing my arguments, simply shows the strength of my arguments and the strength of your envy........fire away ;)

#32 BBB

BBB

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:33 PM

Five PMs ?? I never get any from BBB. Perhaps my insults are not strong enough !!  :)
ps. BBB only joking - I really don't want any of that misogynistic, homophobic spam.  :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i don't hate woman or gays. freak :rolleyes:
coming after the man behind the pseudonym ''BBB'' rather than addressing my arguments, simply shows the strength of my arguments and the strength of your envy........fire away ;)

#33 dom

dom

self-facilitating media node

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,330 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:35 PM

a ''more than'' succesful twit, at that  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you say so.

#34 Dr Hanibal Lecter

Dr Hanibal Lecter

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:35 PM

What about bears??? :lol:

ta ta

H
Don't think I'm a bull because I profit from property!!! I'm bearish about the market... not about the asset... 2 different things!!

#35 dom

dom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,330 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:37 PM

i don't hate woman or gays. freak  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Behold, the power of BBB's vocabulary!

#36 wtc

wtc

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:38 PM

With most ISP's that dynamically allocate IP addresses you will get an address from a range dependant upon location, your IP address will ALWAYS be in this range. Truly dynamic IP's are becoming less and less common in favour of static IP's or dynamic IP's within a very narrow band.

Regardless, whatever IP address you have allocated at whatever time is logged by the ISP and this information can be requested from the ISP by webmasters in order to prevent troublemakers. Even posting offensive language on a forum board is enough for a lot of ISP's to terminate your service, if a webmaster complains about it, they simply can't be bothered with the hassle of ppl complaining about their users.

#37 dom

dom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,330 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:39 PM

i don't hate woman or gays. freak  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You hate freaks.

#38 Dilemma

Dilemma

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:41 PM

Good riddance to him anyway. The guy was a total moron

#39 Guest_Charlie The Tramp_*

Guest_Charlie The Tramp_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2004 - 05:03 PM

Even posting offensive language on a forum board is enough for a lot of ISP's to terminate your service, if a webmaster complains about it, they simply can't be bothered with the hassle of ppl complaining about their users.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Surprising how they let hackers get away with it. My ISP appears to be riddled with them, over 300k hits in two months.
Around 90% have their IP addresses, got so fed up complaing, now hit back using an UDP Broadcaster.
Would love to see their faces when they get a message, can I have two pints and two bags of cheese and onion crisps with that please. :lol:

#40 BBB

BBB

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 05:05 PM

Behold, the power of BBB's vocabulary!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i do manage to stretch it to more than one line sometimes DOM. if you read my posts i even manage the odd......wait for it..........paragraph :o

look it up in the dictionary, and you could even try and replicate one. i must warn you however, you will have to learn how to master beyond a sentence :lol:

#41 wtc

wtc

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 05:21 PM

That depends on how good the hackers are Charlie, if they are good then they are like ghosts and you will never find them(unless you work for the CIA :P).

Being attacked by a hacker and producing an IP address from this attack doesn't guarentee that is the IP address of the person doing the attack. Good hackers get away with what they do because they are near untraceable and they do this by using a technique called bouncing.

What this means is they will gain access to an unprotected system and then use that system to gain access to another system and then use that to gain access to yet another system and so on. The final target could be 20 links down the chain and the IP address the target gets is usually that of the last computer the hacker bounced off, not the hackers computer. Trying to trace the actual culprit back along the chain is usually extremely difficult, especially if they are good at what they do.

This could be what is happening to you. Its a general misconception that hackers seek to gain access to the desktops of laymen around the world, they don't, theres no challenge there and no real reason for them to try and gain entry. All those port scans and probes are likely hackers looking for systems to bounce off, rather than hacking you they are actually using you to hack someone else :s Crazy world the information super highway :)

If you want a serious piece of advice, never try and hit back at a real hacker(not talking about the script kiddies who netsend some b*llocks to your desktop) as its like a red rag to a bull and a lot of them will f*ck your system up for it(they are very elitist).

I used to IRC with a group of hackers(one of them was in my gaming clan so met them that way), strange guys, uber geeks if you will. They made a habit of hacking into websites and then contacting the site and telling them how they hacked into it. They then insisted their group name be acknowledged(security provided by yada yada) on the site or next time they come back they won't be doing it to prove a point. Strange guys, can't say I subscribed to their mindset personally but that one guy was a pretty mean shot with an MP40 and I didn't wanna get on the wrong side of them.... :D

#42 zzg113

zzg113

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,042 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 05:38 PM

They sound a bit stupid WTC. Why not hack into a bank or something where you could get money? Seems to a bit pointless to me to hack someone and then not take advantage of that ability. If I was that good at hacking I would hack a bank, wire transer £5million to an untraceable account in Switzerland and live a life of luxury.
Al Greenspan, who facilitated the birth of world-wide HPI with irrationally exuberant interest rates

mortgage

#43 Guest_Charlie The Tramp_*

• Guests

Posted 09 November 2004 - 06:35 PM

If you want a serious piece of advice, never try and hit back at a real hacker(not talking about the script kiddies who netsend some b*llocks to your desktop) as its like a red rag to a bull and a lot of them will f*ck your system up for it(they are very elitist).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers wtc I have given up on it, got a bit boring, Charlies getting to old now to play games. Been my hobby for ten years has computer servicing and security, do a little of it for my ex customers since my retirement. I believe the hacker pros hold a convention annually in the states and Bill with the anti virus and trojan software companies send delegates. Top man I read was called mobman. Managed to get into his site when it was available, lots of hacking software there but comes down with a few viruses attached :D

As you say red rag to a bull, don`t I know it, must have hit one or two directs in the past. Came in like exocet missiles, tried everything back door ports you name it they hit it. The more I replied with come ons using my UDP broadcaster finding their open ports, the more heated it got. Had to disconnect could not keep up with the hits. Scanned my drive afterwards with every piece of protective software installed, completely clean.

Thanks to Gibson`s Shields Up giving stealth status for my firewall. A good way to test one. :D BTW have a desktop which is duplicated on my laptop so I could afford to take chances. If my desktop did get hit hard, simply scrub the disk with disk scrubber back to new, and copy laptop drive to desktop using disk wizard. Know about infected computers had to clean a few for people in the past. The look of shock on their faces when I show them how bad the infection is, a sight to behold. :)

Did a trace on two persistant IP addresses, one trace was North Korea and the other was a province in China. Sent complaints to both ISPs, no reply maybe it was their security services hacking. :lol: :lol:

I take it you are in computer science. Is it your field of employment? If I was younger would loved to have gone to college to study it.

Why not hack into a bank or something where you could get money?

Some do zzg, but I think in the UK it has only been customer`s accounts so far. :)

#44 Sledgehead

Sledgehead

nothing special

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,026 posts
  • Location:Most definately here, despite what that wicked prankster Libitina says.

Posted 09 November 2004 - 08:40 PM

That depends on how good the hackers are Charlie, if they are good then they are like ghosts and you will never find them(unless you work for the CIA :P).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With the amount of WAPs around it isn't hard to ghost - in such cases you don't even need to break in to the ghosting proxy. Tell me if I'm wrong but most hackers who get caught do so because they just can't help bragging about their exploits. Confronted with a copper in an interview room saying "just how clever do you have to be to do this stuff" and they get an immediate bout of verbal diaorehea. The guys who do it for commercial / financial gain (the real problem makers) are too satisfied with their growing stash to worry about peer acceptance. I believe the latter class are practically untouchable.
Bubble Thinking & The Wisdom of the Property Bulls (click the pink arrow to see it in full!):

QUOTE(BTLlondon @ Jun 13 2005)
You have missed the HMS "good time to buy boat." ........Now is a good time to buy View Post

QUOTE(nodumsunreader @ Aug 10 2005, 03:48 PM)
.....if your wished for HPC actually happened ..... The only winners will ....be those who own property View Post

QUOTE(TheLittleGuy @ Aug 13 2005, 02:16 PM)
I think that the market will eventually have a proper crash ... I used to be an HPC believer, but that was a long time ago View Post

#45 Guest_Charlie The Tramp_*

• Guests

Posted 09 November 2004 - 08:49 PM

The guys who do it for commercial / financial gain (the real problem makers) are too satisfied with their growing stash to worry about peer acceptance. I believe the latter class are practically untouchable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand many of them are known to the companies who are caught by them. They pay up and forget about it. Don`t want to show the world their systems were not secure. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users