OzzMosiz

Work to live, don't live to work

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:16 PM

Kirstie can **** off and die!
WRITE TO YOUR MP @ http://www.writetothem.com/

There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

~ Richard Feynman (1918 to 1988)

#17 Spoony

Spoony

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 01:48 AM

Just watched this and yes it should be somewhere prominent on the site. Now I see why people on the site are so enraged by Kirsty Allsop. She talks utter crap. She shows she has little understanding of financial matters. Oh yeah, these people just went and set up a website that will cause the market to crash while they go off on holiday. No they didn't - they set it up for the education of the public and to fight against VI's like her. The fact they are going for a year out is irrelevant - apart from STRing means you can just up sticks with no property ties

One things for sure- She must really be scared of a HPC to react like that and she actually thinks that a site like this can cause it!

#18 Mr Blek

Mr Blek

HPC Regular

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • About Me:HPC

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:36 AM

Talk about someone with a VI! Facts are facts.

They should interview her once the crash has happened. Wonder if she'll be like Saddams spokesman, the one that was denying everything!
<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000099--><span style="color:#000099"><!--/coloro--><b>It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

#19 Pablo-silver or lead?

Pablo-silver or lead?

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:10 PM

If she was a FTB in 93 (the very bottom of the last crash) and her Granny gave her a 50% deposit to buy. She is very, very fortunate. It doesn't qualify her as a property expert, whatever that means. She unwisely and outrageously said, buy now properties will not go down. what planet is she on. To protect herself she should of followed up that comment with "my comments are personal and do not constitute investment advice". She looked naive and foolish the next 18 months will add to this.

Pablo Silver or Lead!

#20 debtfree

debtfree

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:33 PM

webmaster - works on a mac fine.

thats a funny video.

she's a bit mental though, saying stuffing about having a vaccine or antidote for poisoned water. what an evil mind. bonkers too, getting all flustered up like that on live tv.
He is rich who owes nothing

Remember always that you are just a visitor here, a traveller passing through. Your stay is but short and the moment of your departure unknown.

#21 RightToExistInASpace

RightToExistInASpace

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:00 AM

Any chance of fixing the link to the press release in the opening post or posting the text here? I'd be really interested to read it.

#22 Webmaster

Webmaster

Fubra Webmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:28 PM

Sorry about that, all fixed now.

#23 2005

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:14 AM

Sorry about that, all fixed now.

Still won't work for me :(
We're all doomed

#24 BTman

BTman

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:11 PM

Right click link and copy into windows media player, that's how I got it working..

As I'm a HPC newbie it's the first time I've seen that video. That woman (kirsty) is a complete fruit loop....
Thank's for that, it's brightened my day considerably..

#25 2005

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 02:04 PM

Right click link and copy into windows media player, that's how I got it working..

As I'm a HPC newbie it's the first time I've seen that video. That woman (kirsty) is a complete fruit loop....
Thank's for that, it's brightened my day considerably..

Cheers - just watched it for the first time.

Can't believe that someone who has got so much public exposure and has used this to ramp up house prices can accuse a website of behaving like insider traders in the stock market.

Still, she seemed a little angry - can't think why

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We're all doomed

#26 Meditating Hamster

Meditating Hamster

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:40 PM

I think we shouldn't be too harsh on the poor woman. In the politest possible way, I have to say that she isn't the brightest of people. It really does look as if the Directors at channel 4 may well have some vested interest in using this woman as a tool.

We need to ask ourselves how can someone this uneducated and silly be given a platform to promote debt.
Who chose to put her in the Channel 4 Programmes in the first place? who decided to air the programmes? and who authorised/came up with the property programme ideas? This woman was created and used as a tool by the directors of C4 either to promote their own VI in the housing market or those of the C4 sponsors.

Surely to get angry at her would be like getting angry at the bulldozer that was used to knock your house down, instead of the person driving it?

The less intelligent are often used at tools, just look a G.W.Bush. Does anyone really think that someone with such a low IQ is really running the country?

I think showing the folloy of what the pawns say is helpful. I think it is also useful to highlight the VI of the controllers of the pawns and publicise it in any way possible.

Anyone any idea what the VI of C4 is, or are they just pandering to the wants of the homeowners?

When all is said and done, we all found HPC because we took responsibility for our own lives with regards to buying a house, and did some research on the internet. As 1 in 3 people have internet access then 1/3 people have the opportunity to do some digging of their own before they take out such a big loan that will affect their lifelong financial situation. Kirsty has never held a gun to anyones head and made them buy a house. Anyone who would base their home buying decision on a TV programme is being irresponsible.

#27 Goat

Goat

HPC livestock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:04 PM

Anyone who would base their home buying decision on a TV programme is being irresponsible.

Agreed but the programmes lead to pressure from parents etc to get onto the ladder. So even those who have never seen it are indirectly affected by it.
Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware - anon 1523AD

Told you - Young Goat December 2007AD

We are all waking up to the reality that our houses aren't worth what we thought they were. - David Willetts MP 15 March 2011.

Join today: British Goat Society

#28 thx_1138

thx_1138

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:10 PM

I think the "red" she is seeing is the colour of her bank balance after the crash.
Proverbs 11:1 - A false balance is abomination to the Lord: but a just weight is his delight.
Luke 12:15 - Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

#29 gatecrasher

gatecrasher

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 11:19 AM

You lot are the best! I am sat here crying my eyes out with laughter and just forced my husband to watch this and read all of your posts. I am a believer in what goes up must come down and totally agree with all of your comments here. I thought things would come down sooner - but the crash will come - I really hope that it doesn't leave some people in trouble as that's not the reason we're all waiting! People I talk to still think that growth of 4% in the market is good news when they're probably paying 5% interest on a non-repayment mortgage so they're just renting from the bank and paying to do the place up to boot. All of my friends have been busy remortgaging to pay for home improvements with money that isn't actually real until you sell the house for what it's supposed to be worth. I have been telling everyone to be careful and to look for the signs but they just want to 'do the done thing' for some reason. I love renting - we have two extra bedrooms and a better location for our money, we might not be able to make improvements and have a designer pad but I feel a lot freer and less restricted thanks to not having a 25 year commitment.

#30 Flash

Flash

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:07 PM

I thought things would come down sooner - but the crash will come - I really hope that it doesn't leave some people in trouble as that's not the reason we're all waiting!

Agreed, but it will leave many in serious trouble. The longer the crash takes to happen the more people will eventually be affected, so it is in almost everyones interest to get it over with. Unfortunately, life is not like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users