#2 cashinmattress

cashinmattress

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,440 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

The holocaust was a human tragedy.

This is just a bunch of well paid folk being forced into some other line of work or new employer.

Boo frickin hoo.

#3 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

Ripened on the Diversity Vine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54,327 posts
  • About Me:Im Bloo yabba dee yabba die.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

The holocaust was a human tragedy.
snip

specially for prison camp guards, lorry drivers and grave diggers...all put out of work by a Government shift in policy.

Have some thought for these poor beggars.
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you
do not keep up repayments
on a gilt or other loan secured on it

#4 nmarks

nmarks

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Many of these people, not all, were authors of their own misfortune and ours, so it is hard to feel a great of sympathy, though some sympathy is doubtless due.
The 25 Most Dangerous People In Financial Media

There are some things that men must do in order that they remain as men.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove in court. Didn't you tell me that once?

It is the duty of all good men to nurture the seed of self-destruction that lies at the core of every evil.

The biggest delusion that humans suffer is to abrogate their powers to others then expect something other than despair.

#5 billybong

billybong

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,822 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Sounds like they weren't savers.

#6 pyracantha

pyracantha

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Many of these people, not all, were authors of their own misfortune and ours, so it is hard to feel a great of sympathy, though some sympathy is doubtless due.

World's smallest violin...

Attached Files

#7 richc

richc

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

The human tragedy is that this woman isn't in prison. She was the CFO of Citigroup as it was driven into the ground requiring a massive bailout from taxpayers. Oh, and making $15 million+ a year for doing so. This woman is one of the single worst individuals involved in the credit bubble.

#8 The Preacherman

The Preacherman

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Sallie Krawcheck, former global wealth president at Bank of America discusses the steps taken by banks on redefining CEO pay and the 'human tragedy' of Wall Street job cuts.

What the f*** is a Global Wealth President?

#9 Ah-so

Ah-so

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

It means she ran the "wealth management" a.k.a. private banking arm, of Merrill Lynch BOA, which is a huge operation.

I have met Sallie Krawcheck (just a handshake). She is fit.

#10 wonderpup

wonderpup

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,985 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

I guessing the millions of non banker lives ruined by people like her would be defined- by people like her- as a subhuman tragedy?

I really want to see these people crash and burn- and they are just the people to make that happen because they cannot moderate their own greed- and anyone with a habit like that will eventually destroy themselves.

#11 Executive Sadman

Executive Sadman

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,908 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Without being able to extract and extort money from the rest of the world, New York and London are just another two Detroits. I wouldnt want to be near either when this baby blows. The rural market towns with good access to farmland and fresh water will be the least bad places to weather this storm. The cities will be warzones.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2379932059ea3cb20dbeb7b26a560074.jpg 

#12 erranta

erranta

Knows he doesn't know

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,716 posts
  • About Me:Too old for another mortgage

- fighting slavery and serfdom by despotic 'false' leaders of mock-democracy, their mega-corps and corporatism for the next ignorant generation

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

Fun stuff

The name "New York" works out as '666' (Big APPLE)

"The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit." Proverbs Ch18 v.11

Whistle Blow!
You know 'IT' makes sense!

Exploitation & corrupt Government / Elite Rule? They have nowhere to hide if we all EXPOSE their corruption!

"Most propaganda is NOT designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give MORAL COWARDS an excuse not to think at all!"

#13 Executive Sadman

Executive Sadman

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,908 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

Fun stuff

The name "New York" works out as '666' (Big APPLE)

I dont get it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#14 Executive Sadman

Executive Sadman

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,908 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

But yes, these people are hilarious.

Keep giving me money so i can keep paying the little people, dining out, buying jewellry etc.

How about we just cut the witch out and give it direct to the little people.

They almost believe they're doing something charitable, stealing money and living a life of luxury. Almost. In reality they are evil and get off on it.

#15 stormymonday_2011

stormymonday_2011

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

Without being able to extract and extort money from the rest of the world, New York and London are just another two Detroits.

Having had to listen for 3 decades to these morons explain why the decimation of conventional industries and their workers was 'inevitable' there is something deeply satisfying in seeing the City of London and Wall Street as the new rust belt. Particularly ironic is the keeness of those working in that sector for the very tax payer subsidies they were so keen to remove from conventional industries such as coal and steel production , ship building etc only a few years ago. Hypocrites to a man and a woman their hubris over the years has finally reaped its own nemesis. Truth is they had it all and they f*cked it and everyone else with their rampant greed.

Edited by stormymonday_2011, 26 February 2013 - 01:03 AM.

The certainty of misery is preferable to the the misery of uncertainty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users