#1 DeanDean

DeanDean

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Hi

My wife and I are looking for a nice house in a nice area to stay for at least 5 years. We currently looking for house in Pinner, Ruislip and Ickenham but we haven't seen many houses come to market, especially for Pinner. So we have decided to look elsewhere too. We are looking for

1. Near Good/Outstanding Primary schools
2. Easy communing to Marylebone Station/Baker street and Bank/Moorgate tube station.
3. 2-bed minimum with a garden for future kids.
4. Nice and safe location (for example, we like Hampstead, Greenwich, Blackheath and Pinner village)

We dont' mind to do some DIY.

It could be really nice to have waitrose and Starbucks nearby :D

What will you recommend?

#2 dnjc

dnjc

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

Hi

My wife and I are looking for a nice house in a nice area to stay for at least 5 years. We currently looking for house in Pinner, Ruislip and Ickenham but we haven't seen many houses come to market, especially for Pinner. So we have decided to look elsewhere too. We are looking for

1. Near Good/Outstanding Primary schools
2. Easy communing to Marylebone Station/Baker street and Bank/Moorgate tube station.
3. 2-bed minimum with a garden for future kids.
4. Nice and safe location (for example, we like Hampstead, Greenwich, Blackheath and Pinner village)

We dont' mind to do some DIY.

It could be really nice to have waitrose and Starbucks nearby :D

What will you recommend?

hmm, you did not say how much. lots of nice 2 bed houses in south london, east dulwich, dulwich village, forest hill, honor oak park. but they are not cheap. 350+ for 2 bed in honor oak starting price....one went near me for 450... can be 600 in dulwich village/400-500 in ED. but still they all have fantastic primary schools and coffee. and forest hill/honor oak park has overground.

#3 Frank Hovis

Frank Hovis

4 warning points

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,867 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

hmm, you did not say how much. lots of nice 2 bed houses in south london, east dulwich, dulwich village, forest hill, honor oak park. but they are not cheap. 350+ for 2 bed in honor oak starting price....one went near me for 450... can be 600 in dulwich village/400-500 in ED. but still they all have fantastic primary schools and coffee. and forest hill/honor oak park has overground.

340 - 360k, it was tucked away in the sub-heading.
High house prices - wrecking economies worldwide since 2003

#4 DeanDean

DeanDean

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

Sorry, I should have put my budget 360k in the list.

I found this 3-bed house near Forest Hill. Is this a nice part of Forest Hill?

#5 dnjc

dnjc

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

Sorry, I should have put my budget 360k in the list.

I found this 3-bed house near Forest Hill. Is this a nice part of Forest Hill?

It is ok. Kilmorie school is too far away, you would be in catchment area. I like this house, I would consider this. The area is still a lot cheaper than ours in centre of honor oak and you get more garden and house. transport means a 10 min walk. going to see it?

#6 SHERWICK

SHERWICK

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Forest Hill isn't nice if you like places like Hampsted and Waitrose, but it has excellent transport links.

Dulwich and Herne Hill much better.
The mighty neo liberal steam roller that crushed all before it from the 1980s to the beginning of the new millennium has morphed in recent years into a Charlie Carioli clown car that now can not go two yards without loud bangs, smoke pouring out of the engine and the doors dropping off. (by stormymonday_2011, posted amidst the Barclays Libor crisis on 02/07/2012)

Polster: why did you vote labour?
Labour voter: because I hate Margaret Thatcher
Polster: how old were you when she left Downing st?
Labour voter: 3
(by Robo1968, posted 10/05/2010)

From BBC HYS 15/05/2009:
"Last year, my MP's second home claim was 5,000 more than my total salary and now I find out that he's trying to charge me for cleaning his swimming pool!"

"Whatever your argument it's wrong." bendy, 21/02/2014

#7 SHERWICK

SHERWICK

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

Also, I wouldn't choose that parr of Forest Hill.
The mighty neo liberal steam roller that crushed all before it from the 1980s to the beginning of the new millennium has morphed in recent years into a Charlie Carioli clown car that now can not go two yards without loud bangs, smoke pouring out of the engine and the doors dropping off. (by stormymonday_2011, posted amidst the Barclays Libor crisis on 02/07/2012)

From BBC HYS 15/05/2009:
"Last year, my MP's second home claim was 5,000 more than my total salary and now I find out that he's trying to charge me for cleaning his swimming pool!"

#8 SHERWICK

SHERWICK

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

There must be two bed garden flats in dulwich less than 400k, surely?

Edited by SHERWICK, 30 December 2012 - 10:54 AM.

From BBC HYS 15/05/2009:

#9 dnjc

dnjc

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

for sure, there are loads. If the op wanted a 2 bed flat could have his pick, well, barring some parts of HH. Thought he was after a house though. Have not looked at flats in ages,would be fun to help op looking in those areas!

#10 DeanDean

DeanDean

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

Forest Hill isn't nice if you like places like Hampsted and Waitrose, but it has excellent transport links.

Dulwich and Herne Hill much better.

I have never thought about Herne Hill. Thanks for your suggestion! But I searched RM and Primelocation, there are not many houses available under my budget of 360k. Do you know any good EA has good house source for this area?

#11 DeanDean

DeanDean

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

Any suggestions about houses?

#12 dnjc

dnjc

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

I have never thought about Herne Hill. Thanks for your suggestion! But I searched RM and Primelocation, there are not many houses available under my budget of 360k. Do you know any good EA has good house source for this area?

this is the best of what you can get in HH or WD.

http://www.rightmove...13&fromMap=true

You could get one of these or equiv on croxted road for your budget. you have rosendale schoolon your doorstep- top notch primary.

very thin on the ground in HH and WD at the mo, and you would be stretching it, better to stick to FH, HOP, ED.

#13 SHERWICK

SHERWICK

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

this is the best of what you can get in HH or WD.

http://www.rightmove...13&fromMap=true

You could get one of these or equiv on croxted road for your budget. you have rosendale schoolon your doorstep- top notch primary.

very thin on the ground in HH and WD at the mo, and you would be stretching it, better to stick to FH, HOP, ED.

Good advice. I just did a RM search and found a 2 bed house on plough lane, east dul for 399k and another nearby on norcroft gardens for 375k. Both in a v good area imho.

From BBC HYS 15/05/2009:

#14 SHERWICK

SHERWICK

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Good advice. I just did a RM search and found a 2 bed house on plough lane, east dul for 399k and another nearby on norcroft gardens for 375k. Both in a v good area imho.

http://www.rightmove...uk/s6p/36884804

And

http://www.rightmove...uk/s6p/35650810

From BBC HYS 15/05/2009:

#15 DeanDean

DeanDean

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/36884804

And

http://www.rightmove...uk/s6p/35650810

I don't understand why the first house (the 1st one) has a low credit rating and poor scores? How much do you think it is really worth?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users