146 replies to this topic

#1 bmf

bmf

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:22 AM

As though Labour never mismanaged the economy. They've been in the "wilderness" for 2 years. It's time.

I know there was a low turnout, but were the British not created to be ruled? Let's get Labour back in and get those bond sales higher.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-17920848

#2 200p

200p

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,877 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:27 AM

I see all my Facebook friends are have voted Labour and have been encouraging people to vote Labour. Tories are nasty for their cuts and jobs losses. In fact the recession was the Torie's fault.

There you go. Perhaps not the answer HPCers are looking for.

Print some more money. Please print more money. I give up.

Edited by MrTReturns, 04 May 2012 - 06:27 AM.

untitled.PNG

#3 Georgia O'Keeffe

Georgia O'Keeffe

Fondue NOT Raclette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,468 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

As though Labour never mismanaged the economy. They've been in the "wilderness" for 2 years. It's time.

I know there was a low turnout, but were the British not created to be ruled? Let's get Labour back in and get those bond sales higher.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-17920848

Its ok Si and Co will be along in a minute to highlight the important thing is Labour will be out of Govt for a generation rather than walk it in 3 years as everyone will be poorer than they thought they were at the end of the term

Edited by Georgia O'Keeffe, 04 May 2012 - 06:38 AM.

#4 neil324

neil324

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

Democracy it's self is part of the problem. The people do not want to accept the pain, it will need to be forced upon them.

#5 mfs1959

mfs1959

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:31 AM

Democracy it's self is part of the problem. The people do not want to accept the pain, it will need to be forced upon them.

Nahhhhhhh, the consensus view of those who post on here insists it's all the fault of the bankers so why should the rest suffer.

I realise active posters may not represent everyone, but they are the face of the site.

#6 neil324

neil324

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:35 AM

Nahhhhhhh, the consensus view of those who post on here insists it's all the fault of the bankers so why should the rest suffer.

I realise active posters may not represent everyone, but they are the face of the site.

Who's fault it is doesn't matter.

#7 Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner

Targ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,924 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:37 AM

Put the voting age back up to 21.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lest there be any doubt.

No I believe prices will fall and am astounded that a so called Conservative led government could act in such a stupid way. As you can see from today, there are 2,000 HtB applicants and it has been on MSM none stop all day and they make up about 3.5% of a typical months mortgages.

BTL is a good potential way to bankruptcy and yes sometimes I make points to hopefully make people think.

#8 Peter Hun

Peter Hun

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

The coalition are utterly useless politicians, they have no idea what they are doing and shouldn't be in government..
And cuts? pain? what have they cut - sweet FA.

#9 nmarks

nmarks

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

Here's what our current form of democracy delivers:

• Party voted into power.
  • Electorate become disillusioned by said party.
  • Electorate reject incumbent party for opposing party.
Repeat ad infinitum.

As Albert Einstein said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Edited by nmarks, 04 May 2012 - 06:54 AM.

The 25 Most Dangerous People In Financial Media

There are some things that men must do in order that they remain as men.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove in court. Didn't you tell me that once?

It is the duty of all good men to nurture the seed of self-destruction that lies at the core of every evil.

The biggest delusion that humans suffer is to abrogate their powers to others then expect something other than despair.

#10 Gone baby gone

Gone baby gone

So long, it's been a blast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,383 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

I see all my Facebook friends are have voted Labour and have been encouraging people to vote Labour. Tories are nasty for their cuts and jobs losses. In fact the recession was the Torie's fault.

Sounds like you need some new friends... have you considered Google+? :lol:

#11 Snafu

Snafu

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

Like many others have said, i wish labour would have won the last election.

#12 stuckmojo

stuckmojo

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts
  • About Me:Metal, food, wine, computer games

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

in a way, yes. But I feel you are making the mistake of overestimating the voters' intelligence and memory.

Look at Italy. Despite ALL he's done, some people are already missing Berlusconi. I kid you not.
<!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro--><a href="http://idiotswallet.....blogspot.com/" target="_blank">My Blog on Finance, Property and Wine. </a><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

http://www.petitiono...e/petition.html

#13 nmarks

nmarks

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:00 AM

in a way, yes. But I feel you are making the mistake of overestimating the voters' intelligence and memory.

Look at Italy. Despite ALL he's done, some people are already missing Berlusconi. I kid you not.

Right, that's it, I'm off to Italy to open new shop called "A Hole In The Head". Sounds like I'll do a roaring trade.
The 25 Most Dangerous People In Financial Media

There are some things that men must do in order that they remain as men.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove in court. Didn't you tell me that once?

It is the duty of all good men to nurture the seed of self-destruction that lies at the core of every evil.

The biggest delusion that humans suffer is to abrogate their powers to others then expect something other than despair.

#14 libspero

libspero

Frijolero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:02 AM

This term has certainly been a poisoned chalice.. I'm really not sure I would have wished another year of Brown on anyone though. Imagine the size of his ego by now and damage he would be doing.

It is hard enough to watch the Coalition turning the boat around so ever so slowly.. but imagine a power drunk Scottie still at the helm trying to make the engines go faster as the ship disintegrates around him... :ph34r:

Does make you despair at the British public though.. we just demand quick fixes and weasel words.

Edited by libspero, 04 May 2012 - 07:03 AM.

And I tell you we have learned from past mistakes.
Just as you cannot spend your way out of recession, you cannot, in a global economy, simply spend your way through recovery either.

(Gordon Brown, Labour Party Annual Conference, 29 September 1997)

So, housing affordability is better than it has ever been, but no-one can take advantage of this because they can't afford the houses. I see.
cybernoid - 7th August 2010

Gambling promises the poor what property promises the rich - something for nothing
George Bernard Shaw

#15 scrappycocco

scrappycocco

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

stupid people, they just want to sit on their asses while their property goes up in val......

time to rename website to www.housepricecash.co.uk in readiness for the incoming nolabour government.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users