#1 rantnrave

rantnrave

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

Have we all gone parking mad?

The strength of the London market is about to be tested by a double garage in Knightsbridge which is for sale at 525,000 about three times the national average house price, and a new UK record for a garage.

The freehold garage, which is located moments away from Harrods on Rysbrack Street, measures 21' 5" (6.4m) wide by 15' 8" (4.75m) deep. As far as we can see, there are no period features, its quite plain and not enough additional space to put the freezer in or create a room cupboard.

Robert Lewis, associate at W A Ellis, who are handling the sale, said: It is very rare to get a freehold garage in Knightsbridge, so it is exceptionally valuable.

We anticipate interest from those already living within a two to three minute walk of the garage, for example the large houses on Walton Place, where there is no off-street parking.

http://www.estateage...le-at-over-500k

Wonder how many illegal immigrants you'd have to squeeze in there to make this a savvy investment?

#2 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,059 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

I'll need to find a few more pennies on the floor to buy that...

Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
Looting: The Economic Underworld Of Bankruptcy For Profit
The exponential growth of debt and the unsustainability of debt
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your £100k house would be worth £1.38bn in 100 years
Paying down my mortgage with money found on the street

It's time to sue the Bank of England / Federal Reserve for GROSS NEGLIGENCE
If DEBT is the problem REPAYMENT is the solution or you default

"The trouble with the world was that prices were so low that only the rich people could buy and the aim of the Conference was to raise them to a point where it would again be possible for poor people to buy something."

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

New digest on the credit crisis and economy Part2 Part 3

smaller.jpg

#3 brocken spectre

brocken spectre

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

Even the Rich need somewhere to park.
BS

#4 ScrewsNutsandBolts

ScrewsNutsandBolts

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

The freehold garage, which is located moments away from Harrods on Rysbrack Street, measures 21' 5" (6.4m) wide by 15' 8" (4.75m) deep.

I reckon a two-adult-two-child family would just about fit the 6.4m direction when laid end on end. You should be able to 10 such familes across the 4.75m depth, and assuming a roof height of around 2.4m, perhaps another 8 rows vertically. That comes out at 80 families, so even a tenner a week per family gives an 8% yield. This should increase exponentially as the lower rows get compressed and free up space at the top.

#5 Fatmanfilms

Fatmanfilms

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

The freehold garage, which is located moments away from Harrods on Rysbrack Street, measures 21' 5" (6.4m) wide by 15' 8" (4.75m) deep.

I reckon a two-adult-two-child family would just about fit the 6.4m direction when laid end on end. You should be able to 10 such familes across the 4.75m depth, and assuming a roof height of around 2.4m, perhaps another 8 rows vertically. That comes out at 80 families, so even a tenner a week per family gives an 8% yield. This should increase exponentially as the lower rows get compressed and free up space at the top.

If the garage is really freehold, it's a plot of land your buying, knock down the garage & build a house.

#6 ScrewsNutsandBolts

ScrewsNutsandBolts

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

Street View

Not quite the grand setting I imagined...

But it is literally round the corner from Harrods... so perhaps convenient for some.

Street View 2

Edited by ScrewsNutsandBolts, 02 May 2012 - 10:11 AM.

#7 Wurzel Of Highbridge

Wurzel Of Highbridge

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,000 posts
  • About Me:What I find I keep.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

If there ever was to be a sign that London has topped out then this is it.

I am calling top. London will be >10% lower by this time next year. In fact I am going to put this in my signature.
  • I don't believe that there can be sustainable asset inflation when there is underlying wage deflation.
  • No matter what you choose to do in life, choose to do what you are best at and be the best you can be.
  • Everyone is a vested interest and everything is rigged.
  • Sometimes bubble dynamics just end, people stop believing and what was once a virtuous cycle suddenly morphs into vicious one.
  • The real value goes beyond the money.

I have come to realize that there is widespread belief in a 2015 global recovery.At this point in June 2013 is clear that there will be no recovery in 2015, central bankers have run out of tools to patch over the structural problems and the can can no longer be kicked.As we approach 2015 it will be clear that the emperor has no clothes and there will be an economic crash that makes 2009 look trivial.Note: I was wrong on 2nd May 2012 12:00 - London Top called prediction of London will fall by >10% in 12 months.

#8 juvenal

juvenal

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,615 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'll need to find a few more pennies on the floor to buy that...

I found 2 separate one pence coins this morning. It's a start. I'm new to the game...
'And while I live, no fool or noble knave
Shall walk this world, in credit, to his grave..'

'The pension system has been a very nice gravy train for all of those involved except for those paying into it.'

'Let's see if we can get it for the asking price..' Kirstie Allsop

"Be under no illusion. You will not escape the net..." S'rAlan Sugar

Sex, drugs and sausage rolls...

The House of Lords: 'The Ermine Vermin....'

#9 Mrs Bear

Mrs Bear

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,035 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

http://www.estateage...le-at-over-500k

Wonder how many illegal immigrants you'd have to squeeze in there to make this a savvy investment?

Small change to some of the people living around there.
Garage space scarce as hen's teeth and loadsapeople with loadsamoney.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users