66 replies to this topic

#61 RichB

RichB

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,771 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

Awesome, even the Germans show efficiency in the layout of the food!

Indeed... in order of importance, starting in the bottom left hand corner by the look of it.

#62 Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

i went to a whole foods in NYC when i was there , those places are amazing

The one on Kensington High Street is a great place but the prices are incredible. I used to spend a lot there when I was using my expense account although you could easily spend 20 on a lunch of Sushi and Organic juice.
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" George Orwell

#63 RichB

RichB

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,771 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

Might as well have half a bottle of plonk and a steak!

#64 silver surfer

silver surfer

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

Posted Image
i didnt know people in the UK eats dogs, thought that would have been the Chinese

Genius!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#65 SpewLabour

SpewLabour

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

The only westerners not eating pizza...... the italians.

You'll find that they're the only westerners not eating pre-made packaged crap pizza. The Italians actually make it fresh themselves.

#66 Big Orange

Big Orange

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

The Italians actually make it fresh themselves.

Pizzas are similar to pancakes, burgers, meatballs, pies, and pasties - a mishmash of leftover food from the depleted pantry.

And while the Italian family seemed to overall eat healthier than the UK, US, and German families, to counter the borderline tinfoil hatted comments about unhealthy foods coming in boxes, look at somebody from a present day society that mainly bypassed eating Western food grown since the 1970s:

Posted Image

Sure, look at the enormous whale women that block the view at your local Asda, but they're largely the result of a rather sedentary lifestyle and unbalanced diet (the UK family didn't have as much fruit and vegetables as the Italian family, but still had more fruit and veg than the US family).

Edited by Big Orange, 04 May 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#67 Debbie568

Debbie568

HPC Regular

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

The Italian family doesn't know how to live. Where's their chocolate? Who could live in Italy without having gianduiotti chocolates on the menu? Or in Germany without having hot chocolate, black forest gateau and chocolate on the menu? At least the Brits are honest and have their chocolate placed pride of place on the table. No wonder both the Germans and Italians look so dour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users