inflating

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

http://news.sky.com/...allery/16217749

Posted Image

Edited by inflating, 27 April 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#2 thecrashingisles

thecrashingisles

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

I'm sure DE reading homeowners will be celebrating this news as they tuck into their meal of a Rice Krispies Bar.

Living the dream.

#3 nmarks

nmarks

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Brilliant! High prices are fab!

Posted Image

Edited by nmarks, 27 April 2012 - 09:40 PM.

The 25 Most Dangerous People In Financial Media

There are some things that men must do in order that they remain as men.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove in court. Didn't you tell me that once?

It is the duty of all good men to nurture the seed of self-destruction that lies at the core of every evil.

The biggest delusion that humans suffer is to abrogate their powers to others then expect something other than despair.

#4 winkie

winkie

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,776 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

...you win some you lose some.......in one hand out with the other.....pay day, pay out day. ;)
What you don't owe won't worry you.

Less can be more.

#5 inflating

inflating

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

I'm sure DE reading homeowners will be celebrating this news as they tuck into their meal of a Rice Krispies Bar.

Living the dream.

:lol:

Brilliant!!!!

Posted Image

I guess you're highlighting high fuel prices and the cost of living as impacting on the affordability of everything else. As a side point, I can see these days diesel is dearer than petrol - that's a reversal from the old days

#6 tinker

tinker

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

Brilliant! High prices are fab!

Posted Image

That was 140 yesterday.

#7 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,894 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Is it possible that they keep running these house price ramping stories because on the days they do they see a spike in their sales?

If so, what does that say?

Presumably, HPCers are too tight to buy a newspaper so maybe lots of perhaps worried home-owners buy the paper when they see these stories?
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#8 winkie

winkie

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,776 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

That was 140 yesterday.

...... this time next year

...pay the price or stand still......I'm still standing. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHwVBirqD2s&ob=av2e

Edited by winkie, 27 April 2012 - 10:01 PM.

What you don't owe won't worry you.

Less can be more.

#9 bajista

bajista

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Living the dream.

Quite

Why don't they tell it like it is - "the cost of housing is rising 64 a day" . Time for a celebration? - oh b**ger can't afford a drink ( of water even)and more housing costs

#10 Wurzel Of Highbridge

Wurzel Of Highbridge

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts
  • About Me:What I find I keep.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

"And experts say prices will keep increasing for the rest of the year"

WTF? I would love to meet these experts. Oh it's the good olde ONS Office 'for' National Sadistic's

There are more housing experts on this site than the entire ONS ;)
  • I don't believe that there can be sustainable asset inflation when there is underlying wage deflation.
  • No matter what you choose to do in life, choose to do what you are best at and be the best you can be.
  • Everyone is a vested interest and everything is rigged.
  • Sometimes bubble dynamics just end, people stop believing and what was once a virtuous cycle suddenly morphs into vicious one.
  • The real value goes beyond the money.

I have come to realize that there is widespread belief in a 2015 global recovery.At this point in June 2013 is clear that there will be no recovery in 2015, central bankers have run out of tools to patch over the structural problems and the can can no longer be kicked.As we approach 2015 it will be clear that the emperor has no clothes and there will be an economic crash that makes 2009 look trivial.Note: I was wrong on 2nd May 2012 12:00 - London Top called prediction of London will fall by >10% in 12 months.

#11 beccles

beccles

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

Who needs to work? Just get a couple of BTLs Posted Image

And they are offering cheap Rice and Water too.

Edited by beccles, 27 April 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#12 bajista

bajista

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

"And experts say prices will keep increasing for the rest of the year"

WTF? I would love to meet these experts. Oh it's the good olde ONS Office 'for' National Sadistic's

There are more housing experts on this site than the entire ONS ;)

There are more statistics experts on this site than the entire ONS too

#13 Unsafe As Houses

Unsafe As Houses

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

I was in Sainsbury's yesterday evening. The woman in front of me, 50s-ish, was buying the Daily Express. I'd never seen one of their moronic readers in the flesh.

It was a bit like the time I saw a cockroach for the first time in London zoo - fascinated disgust :)

#14 KingBingo

KingBingo

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

That is fantastic news. But they could go with other really positive aspects like if your about to have grandchildren by the time they are old enough to buy a house there is no conceivable way they could possibly afford one (average house costing 800k by the time their 30 at 64 a day) so your grandchildren will be at best indentured servants of some wealthy landowner. Hooray :D :D :D it will be just like the middle ages again!
The truth is that the economies of rich countries, including the UK, are being kept alive by another and astonishingly under-reported bull market in government debt. This is the bond bubble; and when it bursts, as it surely will, the result will be a recession far deeper than the crash from which we are trying to recover.

Allister Heath
17 September 2011

#15 bmf

bmf

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

That is fantastic news. But they could go with other really positive aspects like if your about to have grandchildren by the time they are old enough to buy a house there is no conceivable way they could possibly afford one (average house costing 800k by the time their 30 at 64 a day) so your grandchildren will be at best indentured servants of some wealthy landowner. Hooray :D :D :D it will be just like the middle ages again!

The majority couldn't give a crap. You only live once etc etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users