Photo
- - - - -

Which Party Do You Support?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Party Do You Support? (84 member(s) have cast votes)

Which party do you support?

1. Labour (1 votes [1.19%])

Percentage of vote: 1.19%

2. Lib-dems (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Conservative (13 votes [15.48%])

Percentage of vote: 15.48%

4. UKIP (44 votes [52.38%])

Percentage of vote: 52.38%

5. BNP (2 votes [2.38%])

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

6. Greens (4 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

7. Voted SNP (4 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

8. Other (16 votes [19.05%])

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Riedquat

Riedquat

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,857 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

:lol:
Your faith is touching, when you find such a party let me know.
The answer to your question is of course "yes, but......"

It's a good chunk of the reason that I can't stand any of them and can't take the minor parties seriously.

#62 'Bart'

'Bart'

I live on HPC!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,421 posts
  • About Me:Mad as hell

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

It's a good chunk of the reason that I can't stand any of them and can't take the minor parties seriously.

Which is the quandary I find myself in.

The difference between Labour and the Conservatives now seems negligible. 30 years ago, there were clear ideological differences (Mrs. Thatcher versus Micheal Foot). But now?

One example, the business about the surveilence state. Both David Cameron and Nick Clegg opposed it while in opposition, yet now they're bringing in the same kind of laws that (to quote David Cameron, speaking before the last election):

Faced with any problem, any crisis – given any excuse – Labour grasp for more information, pulling more and more people into the clutches of state data capture… And the Government doesn’t want to stop with the basic information. They want the most complex, important, personal information there is… Scare tactics to herd more disempowered citizens into the clutches of officialdom, as people surrender more and more information about their lives, giving the state more and more power over their lives. If we want to stop the state controlling us, we must confront this surveillance state.

Oceania is at war with Eastasia. Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia. :rolleyes:

So I'm sorry, but I can never envisage voting for any of the big three again. What's the point in making a distinction? The same general policies seem to get through in slightly amended forms.

The people with real clout are those who pay £250,000 for the Prime Minister's ear (that's the only kind of voting paper that matters).

And it's hardly something unique to the Tories.

Cash for honours: 'Labour deliberately tried to conceal secret loans'

Four Labour MPs implicated in 'cash for influence' scandal

Stephen Byers: just how far a £5,000 cab fare gets you

See what I mean?

And of course, we can't forget the granddaddy of all payoffs.

Tony Of Arabia Earns $43M As Advisor To Kuwait, While Getting Paid By Morgan Stanley And The UN

I'd love to know what sort of "advice" is worth $43 million.

If you really want to influence our politicians, don't vote, start saving your pennies.

#63 tinker

tinker

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

Depressing isn't it?

How many key marginal seats are there? About 80 out of 640... the rest are safe seats (relatively to very). First Past the Post makes it nigh on impossible to change the political landscape.

Fascinating that even after all that the last government have done with Wallace at the helm they will still have people (with short memories and gullible tendencies) coming back to them.

#64 Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,240 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

Before the bail out it didn't seem to be doing too badly.

I wish we hadn't outsourced our manufacturing base and we'd invested in our own people via our own talents and skills, but there we go, that's another matter for another day.

You mean as in the city took a lot of bonuses before the bail out based on what transpired to be fictitious profits and we now have to pay for the losses. It's like why we needed the bail out. The doing well and bailout are not mutually exclusive.

I'm afraid I cannot vote for a city **** licker like Farage. Though he shouldn't feel too badly about it because there isn't a party I would bother voting for at he moment. I'd rather vote for the PG Tips chimpanzees at least they might steal less.
Democorruptcy
If you say "Democorruptcy" quickly, it sounds a bit like "Democracy". In a "Democracy" people vote for politicians who represent their interests. In the UK's "Democorruptcy" people can only vote for expense fiddling thieving MPs who are in the hip pocket of big business and the finance sector.

Governbankment
A "Governbankment" is a Government that has no line between itself and it's banks. The UK's Governbankment does policies to enrich bankers at the expense of the public. The more money people are encouraged to borrow, the more money bankers make.

The Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS) is stealing from savers to make them pay for crimes by bankers. Via lower interest on savings, all the bank fines for PPI, LIBOR and interest rates swaps are now being paid by savers so that bankers can keep pocketing bonuses.

"We need to make a really big change: from an economy built on debt to an economy built on savings" - David Camoron Jan 2009
"Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed" - George Osborne Jan 2009
- So what do Camoron & Osborne do? Print money and leave interest rates at 0.5% when inflation is over 5%

If it is asserted that civilization is a real advance in the condition of man -- and I think that it is, though only the wise improve their advantages -- it must be shown that it has produced better dwellings without making them more costly; and the cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.
http://classiclit.ab...en-Part-2_4.htm

I want to tell you my secret now.... I see debt people

#65 happy_renting

happy_renting

I'm right 51% of the time... beat that.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,589 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

I voted Tory at the last election. George Osborne is my local mp. To redress this, I have since adopted a kitten.

Could never ever vote labour, for obvious reasons. Lib dems are a joke and I'm not racist enough for bnp. So I shall not bother next time.

If you don't vote BNP, you may at least have to drown the kitten.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users