9 replies to this topic

#1 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,019 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

I can't even be bothered to find a facepalm image.

http://www.businessi...nd-me-20-2012-4
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#2 Monkey

Monkey

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

i can, and it requires a special one

Posted Image

#3 scrappycocco

scrappycocco

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

They had an advert where they say that it is a slow burning spread or something, which led me to believe that it was healthy.

#4 Bossybabe

Bossybabe

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Bugger. I have bought Nutella between January 1, 2008 and February 3, 2012 but not IN CALIFORNIA. :(
QUOTES:

• "This is going to hurt you much more than it will hurt me." - Bossybabe
  • "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.
  • "This fellow is wise enough to play the fool, and to do that well craves a kind of wit. He must observe their mood on whom he jests, The quality of persons, and the time" VIOLA, Twelfth Night, William Shakespeare
  • "Oh, when she's angry, she is keen and shrewd! She was a vixen when she went to school. And though she be but little, she is fierce." - HELENA, A Midsummer Night's Dream, William Shakespeare

#5 jaspers

jaspers

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

Fantastic. I was temped to write to the ASA when I saw their last advert. Images of healthy looking children, making a point that it was made with skimmed milk, no mention of sugar content. Yes, I know we all know what's in it, but it's that subliminal 'healthiness' in the adverts of junk food I can't stand. McDonalds talking about 'active lifestyles' as if that's something that will counter the calorie busting content for the majority of people.
Seven Deadly Social Sins: Politics without Principle. Wealth without work. Commerce without morality. Pleasure without Conscience. Education without Character. Science without Humanity. Worship without Sacrifice. --Mohandas K. Gandhi (1869-1948)

#6 libspero

libspero

Frijolero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,417 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

And I tell you we have learned from past mistakes.
Just as you cannot spend your way out of recession, you cannot, in a global economy, simply spend your way through recovery either.

(Gordon Brown, Labour Party Annual Conference, 29 September 1997)

So, housing affordability is better than it has ever been, but no-one can take advantage of this because they can't afford the houses. I see.
cybernoid - 7th August 2010

Gambling promises the poor what property promises the rich - something for nothing
George Bernard Shaw

#7 Mrs Bear

Mrs Bear

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

Of course it's healthy. Quite a bit of exercise involved if you eat it with a spoon, and of course doing without the bread saves a lot of calories.

#8 thod

thod

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

It is healthy, if you are starving.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Plumpy'nut

Inspired by the popular Nutella spread,

#9 Darkman

Darkman

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Amazing. But my first thought was it must be in the USA. And indeed it was.

Just Wednesday night I was sitting at my kitchen table smearing Nutella on grapes and congratulating myself on a relatively healthy snack

:lol:

#10 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,019 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

They had an advert where they say that it is a slow burning spread or something, which led me to believe that it was healthy.

What did the missus say?
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users