House Price Crash forum: What Is It With Btl Landlords And Stains On Carpets? Lol - House Price Crash forum

powered by
  • (3 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Is It With Btl Landlords And Stains On Carpets? Lol Insanity! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   aSecureTenant 

• Formerly Socially Housed and 'Steed'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

I've just has a quasi / semi violent confrontation with my ex private landlord! Posted Image

He's tracked me down and arrived here mob handed (shifty accomplice recording the conversation with a smart phone) to recover money for.....wait for it......a bedroom carpet!

He states that he has to come serve "legal papers" which are ...wait for it....is a High Court Judgement, a Statutory Demand, Bankruptcy Notice?

Nope! an invoice for a bedroom carpet!

Hand written on one of those books you buy in Rymans. "To Replace Bed" scrawled on it. (Even that is defective,There was no bed as it was unfurnished).

And I've two weeks to pay or he'll "come down on me hard."

Posted Image

Oh and I've been "served" a £60 solicitors search fee. (I didn't leave a forwarding address as I didn't owe money, or didn't think I did).

Needless to say the deposit was fully recovered under the DPS, and the naffing bit of shitty bedroom carpet was covered under the original inventory, and I'm now annoyed that I am having to type letters stating this!!!

BTL landlords are total scum, should not be in business, and ought to be regulated into the ground.

They make me laugh as they are such pathetic scum. The go round buying up properties, creating BTL empires and then spend their lives whining about stains on carpets!!!

Mods move to Rental sub forum, when I've had a drink and calmed down a bit.

Just to add the carpet was dirty, when I took possession, as was the rest of the property, as this was even referred to in the inventory. He couldn't even be arsed to get flat properly valeted.

Oh Lordy, WTF do these people come from
"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy" - David Korten

"The real tragedy is not whether lib lab or con will win but that one of them will" - Sir Harold m

#2 User is offline   Harry Monk 

• The Official HPC Paraffin Lamp
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

Just tell him that you aren't paying and that his next course of action should be to take you to the Small Claims Court. Who would just laugh at him.
.........................................................................................................................................................................
"Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defence against a homicidal maniac." -George Orwell.

#3 User is offline   aSecureTenant 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostHarry Monk, on 26 April 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Just tell him that you aren't paying and that his next course of action should be to take you to the Small Claims Court. Who would just laugh at him.

Thats basically what I did say, and that really wound him up! Posted Image

But if you read the various forums all these twits ever seem to do it is "buy property at auction, get mortgage, let property, whine about stains in carpets."

This post has been edited by "Steed": 26 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy" - David Korten

"The real tragedy is not whether lib lab or con will win but that one of them will" - Sir Harold m

#4 User is offline   thecrashingisles 

• I live on HPC!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

View Post"Steed", on 26 April 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

But if you read the various forums all these twits ever seem to do it is "buy property at auction, get mortgage, let property, whine about stains in carpets."

You're lucky he didn't serve you with a bill for lab analysis to determine the origin of the stain.

#5 User is offline   aSecureTenant 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

View Postthecrashingisles, on 26 April 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

You're lucky he didn't serve you with a bill for lab analysis to determine the origin of the stain.

He's not that intelligent and tbh I'm offended that anyone would accuse me of leaving a dirty flat, I left it spotless and better than when I took up residence and even painted the damn walls "landlord magnolia" for the fckwit.

I really wish I'd done a "dirty protest" instead! Posted Image

Notwithstanding the carpet, which I covered with rugs, I wouldn't mind but the flat shouldn't be carpeted given it had underfloor heating.

This post has been edited by "Steed": 26 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

#6 User is offline   Si1 

• I live on HPC!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

View Post"Steed", on 26 April 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

wahaaaaay!

more seriously, report this to the police, intimidation etc; I would

#7 User is offline   Si1 

• I live on HPC!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

at the same time - sounds like he has money problems

#8 User is offline   Diver Dan 

• HPC Regular
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

View Post"Steed", on 26 April 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

He's not that intelligent and tbh I'm offended that anyone would accuse me of leaving a dirty flat, I left it spotless and better than when I took up residence and even painted the damn walls "landlord magnolia" for the fckwit.

I really wish I'd done a "dirty protest" instead! Posted Image

Notwithstanding the carpet, which I covered with rugs, I wouldn't mind but the flat shouldn't be carpeted given it had underfloor heating.

How much is the time and hassle of tracking you down and billing you for the stain worth compared with the cost of renting a carpet cleaner for the afternoon?

He probably saw that you were a careful tenant who would be more likely to pay up for "damages" than if you'd left the place like a tip.
That's it, I'm getting a wall-safe.

I'd be happy if I were right but I'll settle for being Less Wrong

#9 User is online   7 Year Itch 

• My member's title is Rodney.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

You see, wouldn't you much rather be 200 grand in the hole than deal with these people?

I'm off out to buy.

This post has been edited by SeeYouNextTuesday: 26 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

JustYield, on 30 September 2006 - 02:00 PM, said:

padington, on 02 December 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

No need to sell up, the next phase of the economics cycle is going to be very positive for anyone that owns property.

All I'm sayings is, don't listen to the property bears people, they are wrong.

#10 User is offline   Deckard 

• HPC Senior Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

View PostSi1, on 26 April 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

at the same time - sounds like he has money problems

+1

Sounds like he's "living the BTL dream" and venting his frustrations on the OP :D
A new life awaits you in the Off-World Colonies! The chance to begin again, in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

#11 User is offline   satch 

• HPC Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

I've just has a quasi / semi violent confrontation with my ex private landlord! Posted Image

He's tracked me down and arrived here mob handed (shifty accomplice recording the conversation with a smart phone) to recover money for.....wait for it......a bedroom carpet!

He states that he has to come serve "legal papers" which are ...wait for it....is a High Court Judgement, a Statutory Demand, Bankruptcy Notice?

Hand written on one of those books you buy in Rymans. "To Replace Bed" scrawled on it. (Even that is defective,There was no bed as it was unfurnished).

Posted Image

Oh and I've been "served" a £60 solicitors search fee. (I didn't leave a forwarding address as I didn't owe money, or didn't think I did).

Needless to say the deposit was fully recovered under the DPS, and the naffing bit of shitty bedroom carpet was covered under the original inventory, and I'm now annoyed that I am having to type letters stating this!!!

BTL landlords are total scum, should not be in business, and ought to be regulated into the ground.

They make me laugh as they are such pathetic scum. The go round buying up properties, creating BTL empires and then spend their lives whining about stains on carpets!!!

Mods move to Rental sub forum, when I've had a drink and calmed down a bit.

Just to add the carpet was dirty, when I took possession, as was the rest of the property, as this was even referred to in the inventory. He couldn't even be arsed to get flat properly valeted.

Oh Lordy, WTF do these people come from

IIRC this is illegal unless they declared they were going to do this and you would have needed to give permission, in any event sounds like harassment and a word with the Police may well be in order. If the carpet was in a state then it should have been mentioned and claimed for before the deposit was returned. Small claims court will indeed laugh at him.
George Osborne July 2013; 'I don't think in the current environment a house price bubble is going to emerge in 18 months or three years.' Mark Carney September 2013; ' ... there has been an improvement in prices and activity (talking about the housing market) Osborne to cabinet as quoted in the Indie October 2013; "Hopefully we will get a little housing boom & everyone will be happy"

Osborne says; “Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed.”

George Osborne December 2008; “Savers and pensioners are the forgotten victims … They are innocent bystanders and it’s simply not good enough for the Government to walk on by."

In his 1997 Budget speech, Gordon Brown said, "I will not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the future". He went on to say that he did not want a return to "instability, speculation and negative equity" of the 1980's and 1990's.

#12 User is offline   aSecureTenant 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostSeeYouNextTuesday, on 26 April 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

You see, wouldn't you much rather be 200 grand in the hole than deal with these people?

I'm off out to buy.

He bought the flat at auction for £50-60k he did well. Sucker like me comes along, clean it, pays him £6k a year (the management fee's are based on square footage and quite dear) I leave it behind in a nice state, the flat instantly re -lets to a new tenant.

He literally hasn't had a thing to do, even find a tenant, it was all handled by the letting agent.

Landlord gets a 10% or £600 a year writing down allowance (or £600 a year). Also the flat next door recently sold for £100k,

So really, what is wrong with these people? Are they mentally ill?

Its like the Wilsons, they built a huge property empire, and spent their life nitpicking at deposits. Is that the business model? Make buggar all on the rental and steal the deposit. Well you can't even do that any more as its handled by DPS, so they have to fabricate bills now and go round breaking peoples legs?

This post has been edited by "Steed": 26 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

#13 User is offline   hotairmail 

• Tired of life
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

I actually think that finding out where you live and then turning up on spec with another person filming you and standing on your doorstep demanding money with menaces breaks quite a few laws.

Perhaps you ought to consider suing him for the emotional trauma.

This post has been edited by hotairmail: 26 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

#14 User is offline   lulu 

• HPC Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

Evidence (if it was ever required) that there should be regulations regarding who is and is not allowed to be a LL. And also good reason why people hate renting so much in this country.

If we had a Government who gave a toss about such things they would have reformed the laws in th is area to give more rights to the poor saps who are being forced to rent of *****ers.... NuLabour showed where they stood on this issue by doing nothing for 13 years and no one would expect the Tories to care too much.

#15 User is offline   Georgia O'Keeffe 

• Fondue NOT Raclette
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

View Posthotairmail, on 26 April 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

I actually think that finding out where you live and then turning up on spec with another person filming you and standing on your doorstep demanding money with menaces breaks quite a few laws.

Perhaps you ought to consider suing him for the emotional trauma.

The problem is i doubt it will work because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me providing that wool. You need me providing that wool.We use words like marrakesh, persian and true velvet...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who squishes his plates of meat on the tog of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a Lawyer and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn who you think you're entitled to sue!

This post has been edited by Georgia O'Keeffe: 26 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

• (3 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users