16 replies to this topic

#1 8 year itch

8 year itch

My member's title is Rodney.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,933 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

I thought this was awesome, didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I honestly just got this email

----Forwarded Message----
To: SeeYouNextTuesday@hotmail.com
Sent: Thu, Apr 19, 2012 15:12 BST
Subject: Location Location Location want your help

Dear House hunter

Channel 4s Location Location Location want your help to challenge the stigma around mental illness.

Kirstie and Phil want to find dream homes for house hunters who live with a mental health condition.

If you have experienced depression or anxiety, an eating disorder, a panic disorder or any other serious mental illness, are currently looking for a home and want Phil and Kirstie to help, then please get in touch.

We are looking for people who have experienced a mental health issue and who would be happy to step forward and talk about their experiences.

By showing people with varying mental health issues going through the milestones of everyday life like buying a home we hope to take the emphasis off the health issue and put it back on the person.

So if you are looking for a property, please get in touch with Daniela asap on 0141 *** **** , or send an email about yourself and your property search including your phone number to location@iwcmedia.co.uk

Kind regards

Daniela

Edited by SeeYouNextTuesday, 19 April 2012 - 03:40 PM.

There is no ladder.

JY

No need to sell up, the next phase of the economics cycle is going to be very positive for anyone that owns property.

All I'm sayings is, don't listen to the property bears people, they are wrong.

#2 thecrashingisles

thecrashingisles

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

I thought this was awesome, didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I honestly just got this email

:lol:

I think that programme already has more than its quota of mentalists.

#3 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,427 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

ME: Yes Krusty, I have a mental health condition.

K: What is it? Would you like to share?

ME: Yes, every time I see you on the TV I want to jump off a tall building.
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#4 Saving For a Space Ship

Saving For a Space Ship

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

BASE -Adjective:
Without moral principles; ignoble: "the electorate's baser instincts of greed and selfishness".

#5 8 year itch

8 year itch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,933 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

ME: Yes Krusty, I have a mental health condition.

K: What is it? Would you like to share?

ME: Yes, every time I see you on the TV I want to jump off a tall building.

I'm kinda tempted.

Tell me you aren't?

There is no ladder.

JY

No need to sell up, the next phase of the economics cycle is going to be very positive for anyone that owns property.

#6 StainlessSteelCat

StainlessSteelCat

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

They only have to look in the mirror (or at each other).
All of my posts are a work of fiction. Any resemblance between real life entities, events or persons (living or dead) mentioned within them is purely coincidental.

Typozay Find auction spelling mistakes

#7 Joan of The Tower

Joan of The Tower

HPC Shoeboxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

I'm kinda tempted.

Tell me you aren't?

Go for it, it's a Glasgow number, they'll enjoy a good laugh.

Look out Dave, you will soon be handing the keys back mate.

The knimbies who say "No" demand..... a sacrifice!
Arthur: Knimbies of No, we are but simple hardworking families who seek affordable housing on the scrubland beyond these woods.
Knimbies of No: No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No!
Bedevere: Please stop opposing our reasonable demands!
Knimby of No: We shall say "No" to you... if you do not appease us.
Arthur: Well what is it you want?
Knimby of No: We will allow you to build your precious high density shoeboxes, so long as you do not move so much as....

(pregnant pause)

A SHRUBBERY!!!!

#8 Cranberry

Cranberry

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

How much more mileage can they possibly get out of that tired old format Location Location Location.

Maybe I'm just getting grumpy in my old age, but is this really the best programming idea C4 can come up with.

#9 8 year itch

8 year itch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,933 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

Go for it, it's a Glasgow number, they'll enjoy a good laugh.

Actually, I have a panic disorder brought on by the prospect of having a mahoosive mortgage for a pile of baked clay.

There is no ladder.

JY

#10 thecrashingisles

thecrashingisles

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

The parody writes itself. Imagine Anne from Little Britain being advised on house buying by Kirsty.

Kirsty: To secure the property you should make an offer of 10% over the asking price.
Anne: Ugh ugh ugh!
Kirsty: Do you want me to call the agent for you?
Anne: Ugh ugh ugh!

Kirsty: They've accepted the offer. You're going to be a homeowner!
Anne urinates over Kirsty

#11 MrB

MrB

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

Is that a wind up?

Can property TV stoop any lower or get any more surreal?

Those two w*nkers bullying retards into buying overpriced housing - this is unconscionable surely!?
1. Get up
2. Have a piss
3. Go to work
4. Get back from work

5. Read HPC
6. Watch The Bill
7. Go to bed

Stages 1-4 will happen between 7am and 5.30pm. Stage 5 is happening now. Stage 6 & 7 could happen anytime soon. Protect yourselves: buy an overpriced house!

#12 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,427 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

By showing people with varying mental health issues going through the milestones of everyday life like buying a home we hope to take the emphasis off the health issue and put it back on the person.

I have half a mind to email MIND about this.
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#13 oracle

oracle

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,707 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are mental health issues a prerequisite for getting the "punter's job" then?
I guess you have to be a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic to buy one of their recommendations!
you take the blue pill...you fall asleep...you wake up in your bed tomorrow and believe what you want to believe

you take the red pill...you stay in wonderland...and I show you how deep the Rabbit-hole goes.

#14 oracle

oracle

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,707 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

How much more mileage can they possibly get out of that tired old format Location Location Location.

Maybe I'm just getting grumpy in my old age, but is this really the best programming idea C4 can come up with.

repetition,repetition,repetition dear boy.tell a lie often enough and the sheeple will believe it.
(downside of that is most of the executive apartments they've been trying to flog will end up like dresden post bombing--(a home improvement-enthusiasts dream opportunity-),)in estate agent speak
you take the blue pill...you fall asleep...you wake up in your bed tomorrow and believe what you want to believe

you take the red pill...you stay in wonderland...and I show you how deep the Rabbit-hole goes.

#15 hiace_drifter

hiace_drifter

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

I got the same email today.... my jaw hit the desk!!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users