36 replies to this topic

#1 i wanna house

i wanna house

HPC Regular

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

after reading , enjoying and contributing to a thread about the price of spuds ... i stared wondering if something is missing from my life.

I mean i could be tucked up an cuddling but no..:(

Edited by i wanna house, 18 April 2012 - 10:46 PM.

#2 Charlie The Tramp Returns

Charlie The Tramp Returns

EU Troll Buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,630 posts
  • About Me:Originally joined the Forum on 30 October 2003

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

The Price Of Fish Do you ever think that life might be passing you buy

A friend of mine has not bought Fish for the past 10 years.

Once a week in all weathers he stands at the end of Southend on Sea`s Pier catching his own, surpluses are frozen for future meals. ;)
I have been studying the European Economic Community which became the European Community and finally becoming the European Union since the 1st January 1973. As each year passed the stench of corruption, financial recklessness, and Dictatorship has got totally out of control.

In an interview,( on holiday in the exclusive Swiss ski resort of Davos ) the Liberal Democrat leader was asked whether he was in charge while the Prime Minister was away from Britain travelling in the Middle East. Sipping from a mug marked “Deputy Prime Minister,” he said: “Yeah, I suppose I am. I forgot about that.( Proves what a total berk he is )

Cameron must learn the basic rule in politics and life ( Put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion ) and Miliband with no direct British Lineage should dig a hole and disappear down it.

Is Nicholarse Elcleggski ( 25% British ) insane? Who, in their right mind would willingly appease the French and Germans?

In our Country today THE TRUTH MUST NEVER BE SPOKEN, I will leave you all with your very bleak future as I will be gone.

The Lib/Dems who over the years have supported the demise of the moral and accepted standards we were all brought up to respect. The party who would lead us the way of the Ancient Greek and Roman Empires. We can Add David Cameron and Ed Miliband as Leaders of their parties who are heading for the buffers

#3 campervanman

campervanman

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Fish are more interesting than potatoes though.

Still not young enough to know everything

_57919089_share_income464x332.gif

#4 campervanman

campervanman

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

Once a week in all weathers he stands at the end of Southend on Sea`s Pier catching his own, surpluses are frozen for future meals. ;)

Could this be a factor in high house` prices in coastal areas that has been overlooked :unsure:

Still not young enough to know everything

_57919089_share_income464x332.gif

#5 i wanna house

i wanna house

HPC Regular

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

i guess it depends on your day rate and ability to catch fish. By adding up the time spent waiting for a bite and calulating how much i would charge for those hours, i would hope to be catching sturgeon off south end pier. As it is I am paying about £150 a mackerel.

#6 funinhounslow

funinhounslow

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

after reading , enjoying and contributing to a thread about the price of spuds ... i stared wondering if something is missing from my life.

I mean i could be tucked up an cuddling but no..:(

I've thought this for a while. I don't watch tv but I seem to be getting addicted to Internet forums, mostly lurking, not posting.

Reading about cars I'll never drive, cities I'll never visit, watches I'll never own and restaurants I'll never eat in.

Then there's the time wasting guff of various "off topic" sub forums that I find ridiculously addictive.

At least I'm not sitting in my pants at 3am playing poker or slot machines surrounded by dirty dishes...

I've learned a lot (mainly from this forum) but I do sometimes wonder if the time I spend at places like this is ... unhealthy.

#7 Self Employed Youth

Self Employed Youth

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

Walk down the road, fish, chips and peys £2.25.

And there is easy 4 tatos weth of chips!
Have I not reason to lament what man has mas made of man?

Initially 'Unemployed Youth'
Then 'Formerly Unemployed Youth'
Then 'Unemployed Again Youth'
Hopefully soon to be 'Employed Again Youth' and not long after that I'll be eligible for working tax credits, if not I'll at least get adult rate dole and maybe car insurance will be potentially affordable!

#8 cashinmattress

cashinmattress

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,440 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

Just be happy that we can, sort of, eat clean fish in our waters.

The Yanks are suffering from diseased and mutated fish, courtesy of BP.

Gulf seafood deformities alarm scientists

Fish with lesions, eyeless prawns, soft shelled or naked crabs, tons of dead porpoises, etc...

#9 Self Employed Youth

Self Employed Youth

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

I've thought this for a while. I don't watch tv but I seem to be getting addicted to Internet forums, mostly lurking, not posting.

Reading about cars I'll never drive, cities I'll never visit, watches I'll never own and restaurants I'll never eat in.

Then there's the time wasting guff of various "off topic" sub forums that I find ridiculously addictive.

At least I'm not sitting in my pants at 3am playing poker or slot machines surrounded by dirty dishes...

I've learned a lot (mainly from this forum) but I do sometimes wonder if the time I spend at places like this is ... unhealthy.

Beer o clock is a good time to get your drinking under control.

The internet you have to limit to certain hours eventually.
Have I not reason to lament what man has mas made of man?

Initially 'Unemployed Youth'
Then 'Formerly Unemployed Youth'
Then 'Unemployed Again Youth'
Hopefully soon to be 'Employed Again Youth' and not long after that I'll be eligible for working tax credits, if not I'll at least get adult rate dole and maybe car insurance will be potentially affordable!

#10 Russe11

Russe11

HPC Regular

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

Walk down the road, fish, chips and peys £2.25.

And there is easy 4 tatos weth of chips!

pollocks, that meal here would be £6 is everything up north cheap? and I don't even live down south :lol:

#11 jammo

jammo

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

Too much heavy metal being pumped into the sea by big oil to fancy fish right now to be honest.

Anyway, who is the baddest? Abu Qatada v Anders Breivik. It's all the media are on about right now. Almost as if they want to catalyze your mind on which side of some potential future war you are on. :ph34r:
Politics comes from the Greek (Poli - Many; Tics - Lies)

#12 Nuggets Mahoney

Nuggets Mahoney

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,543 posts
  • About Me:Doesn't believe anything.
    Has many suspicions.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

Anyway, who is the baddest? Abu Qatada v Anders Breivik. It's all the media are on about right now.

A Celebrity Big Brother dream team...
edit: typo

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that many are not genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

#13 fluffy666

fluffy666

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,187 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

Fish are more interesting than potatoes though.

We managed to grow some tadpoles into frogs this year. Beats goldfish for interesting, not very good eating though.

#14 Sine270

Sine270

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

Just be happy that we can, sort of, eat clean fish in our waters.

The Yanks are suffering from diseased and mutated fish, courtesy of BP.

Gulf seafood deformities alarm scientists

Fish with lesions, eyeless prawns, soft shelled or naked crabs, tons of dead porpoises, etc...

You don't believe that nonsense do you. The truth is the Americans got their scientists to mutate the prawns with no eyes so they'd be easier to catch.

#15 Sine270

Sine270

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:42 AM

i guess it depends on your day rate and ability to catch fish. By adding up the time spent waiting for a bite and calulating how much i would charge for those hours, i would hope to be catching sturgeon off south end pier. As it is I am paying about £150 a mackerel.

I hate to think how much it costs you to sleep :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users