High house prices - wrecking economies worldwide since 2003

#2 Ascii

Ascii

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

It is the Sun after all, but if it's remotely accurate it's slightly worrying how short the collective memory is.

#3 Sir Harold m

Sir Harold m

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

It is the Sun after all, but if it's remotely accurate it's slightly worrying how short the collective memory is.

That 9% for UKIP is probably made up of the fall in Conservative votes. The collective memory will reassert itself with every Labour poster or TV footage showing Buzz Lightweight and Balls up. Then you may see the UKIP figure go even higher.

Left wing or right wing the kind of reset this country needs can only occur if we wrest back control from a centralised state, that starts with the biggest daddy of all in Europe.

I dont for one minute think that most UKIP voters think like us but they can and will help dismantle the yoke we are tied with to Europe. Then and only then can we have a prayer of dismantling the rest of the facade and replace with some kind of democracy.

Ukip should be supported as the best chance of that outcome, even if you believe it is full to the brim with HPI ers and Nimbys (which I have to admit I'm only assuming, I have no proof, the ones Ive met have largely been all ok).

You may think Farage may be a banker (of kind I thought he was a metals trader) but theres nothing wrong with banking without bailouts in my book. He seems to be pretty fair guy given he has to lead perhaps the most disparate colation of views of all the parties.

#4 scrappycocco

scrappycocco

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

wtf no way is that right, labour up there after everything they did..............

#5 Ascii

Ascii

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

That 9% for UKIP is probably made up of the fall in Conservative votes. The collective memory will reassert itself with every Labour poster or TV footage showing Buzz Lightweight and Balls up. Then you may see the UKIP figure go even higher.

Quite, Labour's recent appointments are probably a stronger disincentive to vote Labour than any policy decision the Tories make.

Left wing or right wing the kind of reset this country needs can only occur if we wrest back control from a centralised state, that starts with the biggest daddy of all in Europe.

True enough, but I can't see it happening though. Simple analysis shows that the tripartite system we have doesn't work as we would want; I've thought that way for 20 years, since I've been old enough to vote. I can't see the masses thinking that way though; what's the adage, something about breaking away from group mentality in small numbers.

Edited by Ascii, 17 April 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#6 okaycuckoo

okaycuckoo

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

wHAT IS A CONSEVATIVE?

I was SHOUTING because I got the caps lock wrong, but decided it looked fun anyway.

Why do they misspell the party's name?

Anyway, roll on the next coalition!

#7 Frank Hovis

Frank Hovis

4 warning points

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,047 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Talking of spelling mistakes I thought somebody might have picked up on my Burkiss Way styled "thrid".

Also I believe the references to short memories are aimed at the high labour vote.
High house prices - wrecking economies worldwide since 2003

#8 Charlie The Tramp Returns

Charlie The Tramp Returns

EU Troll Buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,630 posts
  • About Me:Originally joined the Forum on 30 October 2003

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Well I must say I am finding many people I talk to are fed up with the European Court and the European Union with their immigration policy of EU citizens having the right to come here as an equal and when they commit crimes here, cannot be deported back, that we have no rights who we can deport or extradite without outside interference. :rolleyes:
I have been studying the European Economic Community which became the European Community and finally becoming the European Union since the 1st January 1973. As each year passed the stench of corruption, financial recklessness, and Dictatorship has got totally out of control.

In an interview,( on holiday in the exclusive Swiss ski resort of Davos ) the Liberal Democrat leader was asked whether he was in charge while the Prime Minister was away from Britain travelling in the Middle East. Sipping from a mug marked “Deputy Prime Minister,” he said: “Yeah, I suppose I am. I forgot about that.( Proves what a total berk he is )

Cameron must learn the basic rule in politics and life ( Put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion ) and Miliband with no direct British Lineage should dig a hole and disappear down it.

Is Nicholarse Elcleggski ( 25% British ) insane? Who, in their right mind would willingly appease the French and Germans?

In our Country today THE TRUTH MUST NEVER BE SPOKEN, I will leave you all with your very bleak future as I will be gone.

The Lib/Dems who over the years have supported the demise of the moral and accepted standards we were all brought up to respect. The party who would lead us the way of the Ancient Greek and Roman Empires. We can Add David Cameron and Ed Miliband as Leaders of their parties who are heading for the buffers

#9 Charlie The Tramp Returns

EU Troll Buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,630 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

Very interesting discussion on Newsnight tonight, the Tories seem to be very worried but are showing a bravado attitude. :rolleyes:
I have been studying the European Economic Community which became the European Community and finally becoming the European Union since the 1st January 1973. As each year passed the stench of corruption, financial recklessness, and Dictatorship has got totally out of control.

In an interview,( on holiday in the exclusive Swiss ski resort of Davos ) the Liberal Democrat leader was asked whether he was in charge while the Prime Minister was away from Britain travelling in the Middle East. Sipping from a mug marked “Deputy Prime Minister,” he said: “Yeah, I suppose I am. I forgot about that.( Proves what a total berk he is )

Cameron must learn the basic rule in politics and life ( Put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion ) and Miliband with no direct British Lineage should dig a hole and disappear down it.

Is Nicholarse Elcleggski ( 25% British ) insane? Who, in their right mind would willingly appease the French and Germans?

In our Country today THE TRUTH MUST NEVER BE SPOKEN, I will leave you all with your very bleak future as I will be gone.

The Lib/Dems who over the years have supported the demise of the moral and accepted standards we were all brought up to respect. The party who would lead us the way of the Ancient Greek and Roman Empires. We can Add David Cameron and Ed Miliband as Leaders of their parties who are heading for the buffers

#10 Sibley's Love Child

Sibley's Love Child

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

Go team Farage!

Posted Image

http://www.thesun.co...party-UKIP.html

Hold on, I think i've got a loaded revolver knocking about. Oh yes, there is is.

#11 Charlie The Tramp Returns

EU Troll Buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,630 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

Disillusioned Conservative MPs have secretly contacted the UK Independence Party to discuss possible defection, its leader claimed yesterday as he appealed to Tory Eurosceptics to jump ship.

:rolleyes:

The Indy

Both Dave and Nick must now be concerned, a Tory MP wearing a UKIP badge in the House of Clowns must be quite worrying. :D

I wonder if one of them could be Bill Cash. :unsure:

#12 PopGun

PopGun

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

That's a three way tie for third, imo.

What odds will someone give me on a Tory/Lab hung parliment?!
"the remarkable result is that under Mrs Thatcher from 1979-90, just as under Tony Blair from 1997-2007, the real value of Housing Equity Withdrawal is larger than the real value of GDP growth"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users