#16 aSecureTenant

aSecureTenant

Formerly Socially Housed and 'Steed'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,229 posts
  • About Me:Smashing it to LibLabCon & the NIMBY's

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

Ah but I bet they have welcomed you into their er house, I suspect they've wanted to embrace you and your culture and wanted to be involved in the wider community.

No?

How strange.

Please tell me I'm wrong and you get on with them like a house on fire, that's what the government social engineers would like.

The social engineering was largely conducted by local Labour and its been very clever, almost by stealth as no one dare discuss it without being regarded as "rascist."

Back in the 90's I private rented in Leicester for a while. I was the only "******" in the street. My pakistani neighbours reported me to the council for running a business from home. I duly reported them (selling second hand Nissans, and also someone clearly running a sweat shop across the street) and at the same time I demanding my case be handled by someone at the council of my ethnic origin. Case instantly dropped like a hot brick.

But the ethnic cleansing of places like Leicester has been going on for some time to shore up Labour support, and allocating social housing is part of the tool. Once the estates are filled up with enough people of an ethnic persuasion, no one white wants to live there. Also immigrants if they vote at all, tend to vote, surprise, surprise ..Labour. Rotten boroughs indeed, though asian youth seem to be rebelling against the corruption of Labour, if the results in Bradford recently are not isolated.

Edited by "Steed", 16 April 2012 - 10:12 AM.

"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy" ~ David Korten

“To think output and income can be raised by increasing the quantity of money, is like trying to get fat by buying a larger belt” ~ John Maynard Keynes 

Ignoring ALL UKIP and 'Election' threads on HPC until further notice

#17 Britney's Piers

Britney's Piers

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

At the 2006 election in Barking and Dagenham this was precisely the issue that the BNP campaigned on, but it was shouted down by the media. Anyone interviewed on their doorstep with first hand accounts of housing going to immigrants was called a liar and a racist by the opposition and the media, often to their face.

The horse has well and truly bolted.

Edited by Britney's Piers, 16 April 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#18 Self Employed Youth

Self Employed Youth

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

The social housing rent cannot be much larger as otherwise the tenants would just move. What I wondered about was why there were waiting lists many years long (and indeed indefinite if you aren't deemed a priority) if new tenants would have to pay 80% of market rent. Maybe the 80% figure does not mean what I had thought, and that is before it possibly turns out to be some sort of a target, aspiration, aim, or some other thing that is not meant to be actually implemented. The best link I can easily find is this: http://www.guardian....dable-rent-work Does anybody know what the deal is? I expect the claimants know very well why they are queuing :-)

http://www.insidehou...6513001.article]

Ministers hope to raise £1.5 billion to help fund 150,000 homes with the new tenure which will allow landlords to charge up to 80 per cent of market rent for new tenancies.Pegging rent levels to market rates would, however, mean rental income dropping for new homes in some areas of the north, such as Blackburn and Hull.

People won't move for cheaper rents unless they benefit from them. You would have to be a fool to risk a lifetime tenancy for a 6months AST to save £10 a week. There is also the cost of moving, and you may be settled in your community. You may have good neighbours.

That said, one of my neighbours did recently move out of his HA flat into a 2bed private rented house and he now pays less in rent.

People want social housing because it offers security. You don't get kicked out after 6 months because your landlord has found somebody prepared to pay a higher rent. In addition to security of tenure you also have minimum housing standards, most social housing has been built to the Parker Morris standard. It is better for your health to live in housing built to such a standard. You CAN swing a cat around, you have some storage space, natural light enters the property.

Have I not reason to lament what man has mas made of man?

Initially 'Unemployed Youth'
Then 'Formerly Unemployed Youth'
Then 'Unemployed Again Youth'
Hopefully soon to be 'Employed Again Youth' and not long after that I'll be eligible for working tax credits, if not I'll at least get adult rate dole and maybe car insurance will be potentially affordable!

#19 aSecureTenant

aSecureTenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,229 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

http://www.insidehou...6513001.article]

[/font][/color]

People won't move for cheaper rents unless they benefit from them. You would have to be a fool to risk a lifetime tenancy for a 6months AST to save £10 a week. There is also the cost of moving, and you may be settled in your community. You may have good neighbours.

That said, one of my neighbours did recently move out of his HA flat into a 2bed private rented house and he now pays less in rent.

People want social housing because it offers security. You don't get kicked out after 6 months because your landlord has found somebody prepared to pay a higher rent. In addition to security of tenure you also have minimum housing standards, most social housing has been built to the Parker Morris standard. It is better for your health to live in housing built to such a standard. You CAN swing a cat around, you have some storage space, natural light enters the property.

+1

And interestingly Boris Johnson tried to get the Parker Morris standards re-implememted in London though backed away eventually. Indeed I think there was a problem that social housing organisations couldn't acquire new build apartment dwellings as it didn't comply.

Edited by "Steed", 16 April 2012 - 11:12 AM.

"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy" ~ David Korten

“To think output and income can be raised by increasing the quantity of money, is like trying to get fat by buying a larger belt” ~ John Maynard Keynes 

#20 Nationalist

Nationalist

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,098 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

I think Labour have lost the muslim vote now. The future is Respeck! Are muslims really going to vote for a party which supports killing their "brothers" in Iraq and Afghan, and has a Jewish leader? I can't see that happening much any more.

Long ago Labour abandoned their working class roots in favour of ethnic sectarianism. Now they've lost Scotland to the SNP, Wales to Plaid, muslims to Respect and their core working class is totally disillusioned with them and easy pickings for the BNP.

#21 Self Employed Youth

Self Employed Youth

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

I think Labour have lost the muslim vote now. The future is Respeck! Are muslims really going to vote for a party which supports killing their "brothers" in Iraq and Afghan, and has a Jewish leader? I can't see that happening much any more.

Long ago Labour abandoned their working class roots in favour of ethnic sectarianism. Now they've lost Scotland to the SNP, Wales to Plaid, muslims to Respect and their core working class is totally disillusioned with them and easy pickings for the BNP.

The BNP is a joke. A nationalist party for multiple nations??? - reminds me of council tax benefit. And it has never really done well, and just keeps doing worse. People are now flocking to the EDP instead. There really should be a Yorkshire Nationalist/Republican party, labour is akin to one, but soon the tribal elders will die off, and the sooner those hordes of pensioners stop voting labour like sheep the better.

Hopefully soon to be 'Employed Again Youth' and not long after that I'll be eligible for working tax credits, if not I'll at least get adult rate dole and maybe car insurance will be potentially affordable!

#22 Britney's Piers

Britney's Piers

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

People are now flocking to the EDP instead.

European Democratic Party
United Ethiopian Democratic Party
Eritrean Democratic Party
?

#23 aSecureTenant

aSecureTenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,229 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

European Democratic Party
United Ethiopian Democratic Party
Eritrean Democratic Party
?

Suspect typo. Try EDL. English Defence League.Though I have referred to them as EDF on occassion! :P

Edited by "Steed", 16 April 2012 - 12:06 PM.

#24 Self Employed Youth

Self Employed Youth

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

English Democrat Party.

http://www.voteenglish.org/

Their site got hacked last year just before the election. All you needed to do was type "/admin" Posted Image

They seem to have a got a lot of new members from people defecting from the BNP.

I think the housing line is, English at top of list, but don't build any new housing. It is;

2.8 Housing

2.8.1 Housing supply and pricing is being severely distorted by the levels of immigration into England. First time buyers find it difficult to afford a home of their own and need to take on large mortgages and the attendant interest payments, in order to do so. Social housing is currently insufficient to meet demand.
2.8.2With our pledge to bring mass immigration to a complete end and to expel illegal immigrants, then the pressure on housing will be lessened.
2.8.3 The English Democrats advocate a fairer points system for the allocation of social housing, giving greater priority to local people and those who are married and in work. Publicly funded affordable housing purchase/rental schemes should only be available to first time buyers who are citizens of this country.

#25 Britney's Piers

Britney's Piers

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

Suspect typo. Try EDL. English Defence League.Though I have referred to them as EDF on occassion! :P

I suspect they are run by the security services.

Edited by Britney's Piers, 16 April 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#26 cashinmattress

cashinmattress

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,440 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

The half that nobody in Britain wants to live in.

The headline sells papers.

#27 Charlie The Tramp Returns

Charlie The Tramp Returns

EU Troll Buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,630 posts
  • About Me:Originally joined the Forum on 30 October 2003

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

How Half Of All Social Housing In Parts Of England Goes To People Born Abroad

What`s new been happening the past 20 years. The reason why Local Councils employ their own to look after their own. Fact. :rolleyes:

Not forgetting goes for jobs too. <_<
I have been studying the European Economic Community which became the European Community and finally becoming the European Union since the 1st January 1973. As each year passed the stench of corruption, financial recklessness, and Dictatorship has got totally out of control.

In an interview,( on holiday in the exclusive Swiss ski resort of Davos ) the Liberal Democrat leader was asked whether he was in charge while the Prime Minister was away from Britain travelling in the Middle East. Sipping from a mug marked “Deputy Prime Minister,” he said: “Yeah, I suppose I am. I forgot about that.( Proves what a total berk he is )

Cameron must learn the basic rule in politics and life ( Put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion ) and Miliband with no direct British Lineage should dig a hole and disappear down it.

Is Nicholarse Elcleggski ( 25% British ) insane? Who, in their right mind would willingly appease the French and Germans?

In our Country today THE TRUTH MUST NEVER BE SPOKEN, I will leave you all with your very bleak future as I will be gone.

The Lib/Dems who over the years have supported the demise of the moral and accepted standards we were all brought up to respect. The party who would lead us the way of the Ancient Greek and Roman Empires. We can Add David Cameron and Ed Miliband as Leaders of their parties who are heading for the buffers

#28 Big Orange

Big Orange

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

This selective Daily Fail driven article is partially refuted by this Factcheck article: 8.6% of social housing has recently been foreign and it's only the Ealing and Haringey boroughs that have roughly half of social housing occupied by foreign immigrants (45% & 43% respectively).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users