Photo
- - - - -

Could U.k. House Prices Fall Again By Another 20%?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 tio

tio

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

I couldn't find this link in a site search and I couldn't find a suitable thread title but still .. hpc pr0N

Could U.K. House Prices Fall Again By Another 20%?
Housing-Market / UK Housing Apr 13, 2012 - 09:15 AM
By: Andrew_Butter
http://www.marketora...ticle34103.html

#2 thecrashingisles

thecrashingisles

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,147 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

One thing's for sure - if they fall 20% it won't stop there.

#3 KingBingo

KingBingo

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

Again?

They are up on 2007/08 round my way.
The truth is that the economies of rich countries, including the UK, are being kept alive by another and astonishingly under-reported bull market in government debt. This is the bond bubble; and when it bursts, as it surely will, the result will be a recession far deeper than the crash from which we are trying to recover.

Allister Heath
17 September 2011

#4 Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner

Targ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,701 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Again?

That would be asking prices, yes?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lest there be any doubt.

No I believe prices will fall and am astounded that a so called Conservative led government could act in such a stupid way. As you can see from today, there are 2,000 HtB applicants and it has been on MSM none stop all day and they make up about 3.5% of a typical months mortgages.

BTL is a good potential way to bankruptcy and yes sometimes I make points to hopefully make people think.

#5 FedupTeddiBear

FedupTeddiBear

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

That would be asking prices, yes?

If KB lives anywhere near me, (E. Berks/ Hants) it's also sold prices. :(

#6 winkie

winkie

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,391 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

Again?

...there will always be the 'special areas' the 'special houses', areas where people can afford to sit tight and still ask a large sum of money that would be worth moving for......always will be the money flushed buyers where money is no object who fall 'hook line and sinker'..... but becoming fewer and farther between. ;)
What you don't owe won't worry you.

Less can be more.

#7 Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner

Targ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,701 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

If KB lives anywhere near me, (E. Berks/ Hants) it's also sold prices. :(

How odd. I'm in Hants and prices are well down from the peak.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lest there be any doubt.

No I believe prices will fall and am astounded that a so called Conservative led government could act in such a stupid way. As you can see from today, there are 2,000 HtB applicants and it has been on MSM none stop all day and they make up about 3.5% of a typical months mortgages.

BTL is a good potential way to bankruptcy and yes sometimes I make points to hopefully make people think.

#8 Errol

Errol

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,905 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

More like 30-40%.

Want to get paid for polls? Try YouGov

#9 Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner

Targ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,701 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

More like 30-40%.

Agreed.

Lest there be any doubt.

#10 winkie

winkie

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,391 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

More like 30-40%.

Property will fall further, property falls with availability of funds, rising interest rates, high commodity costs and basic cost of living, low pay rises, higher unemployment and the ability of people to keep up with their rent payments.....all of that means rising house prices does not have much going for it, they will fall back down what the people can pay.....can't pay won't pay...simples. ;)
What you don't owe won't worry you.

Less can be more.

#11 bmf

bmf

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

How odd. I'm in Hants and prices are well down from the peak.

Whenever people make these kind of statements either way they should provide data.

http://imgur.com/4KZgM

That's for all of Hampshire 1995 to Feb 2012. Slight dip in 2009 but then back up again to insane levels.

Tried uploading these files as jpg / gif / png all failed. Is there any image hosting site HPC forum trusts that we can use to dump graphs to?

#12 Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner

Targ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,701 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

Whenever people make these kind of statements either way they should provide data.

http://imgur.com/4KZgM

That's for all of Hampshire 1995 to Feb 2012. Slight dip in 2009 but then back up again to insane levels.

Tried uploading these files as jpg / gif / png all failed. Is there any image hosting site HPC forum trusts that we can use to dump graphs to?

I prefer to judge local prices on what they're actually doing, rather than looking at a graph!

Lest there be any doubt.

#13 bmf

bmf

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

I prefer to judge local prices on what they're actually doing, rather than looking at a graph!

But this is sales from the land registry. Admittedly some repos and other anomalies might not be captured but it's close, no?

Local prices don't confirm sales prices so something like rightmove is not as accurate.

Don't you like data Bruce?

#14 Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner

Targ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,701 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Don't you like data Bruce?

Not when the data is manipulated in an attempt to convince me that what I'm seeing with my own eyes is not true!

Lest there be any doubt.

#15 bmf

bmf

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Not when the data is manipulated in an attempt to convince me that what I'm seeing with my own eyes is not true!

Do you really not believe the land registry? I'm not trusting of much of what we see in the media but why is the land registry not giving a clear picture? For example in West Hull it shows a 30% drop since 2008.

Genuine question!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users