22 replies to this topic

#1 TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,450 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

I feel the FTSE is teetering on the brink of a BIG drop. Could it be black Friday tomorrow.

The magic money must have ran out by now and they wont get another fix unless 'collapse is imminent'.

I have probably jinxed it now tho. :lol:

#2 Guest_James Toney_*

Guest_James Toney_*

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

I feel the FTSE is teetering on the brink of a BIG drop. Could it be black Friday tomorrow.

The magic money must have ran out by now and they wont get another fix unless 'collapse is imminent'.

I have probably jinxed it now tho
. :lol:

yeah you have, dont say it next month please then it might happen :D

#3 GloomMonger

GloomMonger

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • About Me:Waiting for the capitulation

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

I have probably jinxed it now tho. :lol:

Is this your first call?
"For who has served me more faithfully than you with your coward's hope?" said he, "And where are the others that might have stood side by your side in the common good?"

"Dead," I whispered; and amiably "Murdered," the Hangman corrected me; "First the alien, then the Jew... I did no more than you let me do."

Beneath the beam that blocked the sky, none had stood so alone as I - and the Hangman strapped me, and no voice there cried "Stay" for me in the empty square.

#4 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,037 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

The Welsh blood service want me to donate blood on Friday 13th, but I think I will give it a miss till next week.
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#5 TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,450 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Is this your first call?

No, I've jinxed at least 2 other black xxxdays before. :lol:

#6 timebandit

timebandit

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

Twitter account Join and follow each other

Home Buyers' Strike- Join the group

http://www.facebook....104936389547036

#7 libspero

libspero

Frijolero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,422 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

No, I've jinxed at least 2 other black xxxdays before. :lol:

Truly incredible.. you timed the rally nearly to the second :D

And I tell you we have learned from past mistakes.
Just as you cannot spend your way out of recession, you cannot, in a global economy, simply spend your way through recovery either.

(Gordon Brown, Labour Party Annual Conference, 29 September 1997)

So, housing affordability is better than it has ever been, but no-one can take advantage of this because they can't afford the houses. I see.
cybernoid - 7th August 2010

Gambling promises the poor what property promises the rich - something for nothing
George Bernard Shaw

#8 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,037 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

I am sure it is all part of a cunning plan.
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#9 TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,450 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Italian borrowing costs increasing, same with the Spanish. Cost of petrol getting out of control in the UK.

House price asking prices back at crazy bubble levels 0% interest rates. Job losses spiralling out of control

reality is just around the corner.

#10 libspero

libspero

Frijolero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,422 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

I am sure it is all part of a cunning plan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmfE4KAZicY

And I tell you we have learned from past mistakes.
Just as you cannot spend your way out of recession, you cannot, in a global economy, simply spend your way through recovery either.

(Gordon Brown, Labour Party Annual Conference, 29 September 1997)

So, housing affordability is better than it has ever been, but no-one can take advantage of this because they can't afford the houses. I see.
cybernoid - 7th August 2010

Gambling promises the poor what property promises the rich - something for nothing
George Bernard Shaw

#11 Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

It could be part of his cunning plan.

The best way of him getting a Black Friday is from a higher close Thursday.

Democorruptcy
If you say "Democorruptcy" quickly, it sounds a bit like "Democracy". In a "Democracy" people vote for politicians who represent their interests. In the UK's "Democorruptcy" people can only vote for expense fiddling thieving MPs who are in the hip pocket of big business and the finance sector.

Governbankment
A "Governbankment" is a Government that has no line between itself and banks. It diverts public money (our taxes) to private companies (banks). George Osborne's Help to Buy Bail Banks, will see our taxes go to bankers to cover their losses on mortgages that default. The UK's Governbankment will even pay bankers "reasonable repossession fees" on Help to Bail Bank mortgages that default.

The Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS) is stealing from savers to make them pay for crimes by bankers. Via lower interest on savings, all the bank fines for PPI, LIBOR, interest rates swaps, etc. are being paid by savers so that bankers can keep pocketing bonuses. 

"We need to make a really big change: from an economy built on debt to an economy built on savings" - David Camoron Jan 2009
"Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed" - George Osborne Jan 2009
- So what do Camoron & Osborne do? Print money and leave interest rates at 0.5% when inflation is over 5%

If it is asserted that civilization is a real advance in the condition of man -- and I think that it is, though only the wise improve their advantages -- it must be shown that it has produced better dwellings without making them more costly; and the cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.
http://classiclit.ab...en-Part-2_4.htm

I want to tell you my secret now.... I see debt people

#12 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,037 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

I suspect Google's after-hours results have just destroyed the Black Friday.

#13 Guillotine

Guillotine

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • About Me:Suburban bumpkin.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

I think it is to be welcomed that the market now has sufficient reserves of confidence to go in and sort out the remaining piigs.

Spain and Italy will come quietly, there might be some domestic ructions, but the Greeks are more volatile and the Germans soon pacified them.

Naively optimistic?

Posted Image

#14 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,037 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

I think it is to be welcomed that the market now has sufficient reserves of confidence to go in and sort out the remaining piigs.

Spain and Italy will come quietly, there might be some domestic ructions, but the Greeks are more volatile and the Germans soon pacified them.

Naively optimistic?

Nothing will happen until the Giant Squid has it massively profitable Facebook IPO - after that, all bets off IMPO.

#15 longtomsilver

longtomsilver

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

It's a good call IMO. I've been nervous about it all week.
10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash - Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash So, what left? Alcohol.

John Baker, Aberdeen 8/10/2011 22:34
http://www.dailymail...n.html#comments

"the world seems a better place when you're wearing beer goggles".

Quote buried in same article from 27 year old female subject painting the town of Cardiff red on a booze fuelled night out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users