21 replies to this topic

#1 200p

200p

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

Not bothered with a link, but this one temps fate doesn't it? Especially as there have been 3 major incidents (one sinking) this year.

untitled.PNG

#2 Bossybabe

Bossybabe

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

Not bothered with a link, but this one temps fate doesn't it? Especially as there have been 3 major incidents (one sinking) this year.

Are they going to go as far as actually hitting an iceberg?
QUOTES:

• "This is going to hurt you much more than it will hurt me." - Bossybabe
  • "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.
  • "This fellow is wise enough to play the fool, and to do that well craves a kind of wit. He must observe their mood on whom he jests, The quality of persons, and the time" VIOLA, Twelfth Night, William Shakespeare
  • "Oh, when she's angry, she is keen and shrewd! She was a vixen when she went to school. And though she be but little, she is fierce." - HELENA, A Midsummer Night's Dream, William Shakespeare

#3 SarahBell

SarahBell

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,081 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

When they do hit an iceberg they'll all clap thinking its part of the reenactment
Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

#4 200p

200p

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

Are they going to go as far as actually hitting an iceberg?

Posted Image
Bloody wished they paid extra for a cabin now!

untitled.PNG

#5 pl1

pl1

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

I guess this is The Titanic 100 thread. So, 25 years ago, this lady, Eva Hart gave an interview about the moment the ship hit and the moment it sank. It's like a link to the past. I also love her cut-glass British accent (specifically her phraseology "it was absolutely ghastly" etc.), you'd struggle to find anyone who speaks like that today:

Edited by pl1, 08 April 2012 - 10:24 PM.

All free movement of labour between countries with vastly disparate GDP's means, is that the labour gravitates to the country paying the highest relative wage; and it was always ever thus.

#6 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,092 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

Where are they sailing too? The Titanic didn't reach it's destination? Will it be all off mid-Atlantic?

Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
Looting: The Economic Underworld Of Bankruptcy For Profit
The exponential growth of debt and the unsustainability of debt
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your £100k house would be worth £1.38bn in 100 years
Paying down my mortgage with money found on the street

It's time to sue the Bank of England / Federal Reserve for GROSS NEGLIGENCE
If DEBT is the problem REPAYMENT is the solution or you default

"The trouble with the world was that prices were so low that only the rich people could buy and the aim of the Conference was to raise them to a point where it would again be possible for poor people to buy something."

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

New digest on the credit crisis and economy Part2 Part 3

smaller.jpg

#7 Kurt Barlow

Kurt Barlow

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,303 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

I guess this is The Titanic 100 thread. So, 25 years ago, this lady, Eva Hart gave an interview about the moment the ship hit and the moment it sank. It's like a link to the past. I also love her cut-glass British accent (specifically her phraseology "it was absolutely ghastly" etc.), you'd struggle to find anyone who speaks like that today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD5J43Z9AWI

Sounds and looks like my Great Aunt who died yesterday aged 100 :(

#8 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

Ripened on the Diversity Vine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,556 posts
  • About Me:Im Bloo yabba dee yabba die.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

Where are they sailing too? The Titanic didn't reach it's destination? Will it be all off mid-Atlantic?

anything for the Rich to claim offshore residency to avoid a bit of tax.
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you
do not keep up repayments
on a gilt or other loan secured on it

#9 Bradbury Robinson

Bradbury Robinson

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

The media will be pissing their pants with excitement 'if' something happens to this boat. It doesn't even matter how small it is, 'Captains tin-opener stops working' will do and it's live coverage on the BBC for the next three days!

#10 nmarks

nmarks

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

It's different this time. It's unsinkable.
The 25 Most Dangerous People In Financial Media

There are some things that men must do in order that they remain as men.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove in court. Didn't you tell me that once?

It is the duty of all good men to nurture the seed of self-destruction that lies at the core of every evil.

The biggest delusion that humans suffer is to abrogate their powers to others then expect something other than despair.

#11 aSecureTenant

aSecureTenant

Formerly Socially Housed and 'Steed'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,104 posts
  • About Me:Smashing it to LibLabCon & the NIMBY's

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

This is genius!

"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy" ~ David Korten

“To think output and income can be raised by increasing the quantity of money, is like trying to get fat by buying a larger belt” ~ John Maynard Keynes 

Ignoring ALL UKIP and 'Election' threads on HPC until further notice

#12 inflating

inflating

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

Sounds and looks like my Great Aunt who died yesterday aged 100 :(

It's a grand old age she made it to, don't be sad

#13 chronyx

chronyx

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

This is genius!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJxj1mou03M

LMFAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#14 nmarks

nmarks

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

The media will be pissing their pants with excitement 'if' something happens to this boat. It doesn't even matter how small it is, 'Captains tin-opener stops working' will do and it's live coverage on the BBC for the next three days!

It's already become a Titanic obsession.

There was a JamCam* documentary on the box last night.

That guy is so obsessed he can tell you what colour underwear anyone on board was wearing at any given moment, and recite individual DNA strands backwards etc.

And this mob? Well, that's the Voyage of the Voyeursitic Vultures, ain't it?

*James Cameron.
The 25 Most Dangerous People In Financial Media

There are some things that men must do in order that they remain as men.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove in court. Didn't you tell me that once?

It is the duty of all good men to nurture the seed of self-destruction that lies at the core of every evil.

The biggest delusion that humans suffer is to abrogate their powers to others then expect something other than despair.

#15 Bossybabe

Bossybabe

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD5J43Z9AWI

Just come to Cowes in Cowes week. We have hundreds of yachties with just such accents and phraseology. :(
QUOTES:

• "This is going to hurt you much more than it will hurt me." - Bossybabe
  • "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.
  • "This fellow is wise enough to play the fool, and to do that well craves a kind of wit. He must observe their mood on whom he jests, The quality of persons, and the time" VIOLA, Twelfth Night, William Shakespeare
  • "Oh, when she's angry, she is keen and shrewd! She was a vixen when she went to school. And though she be but little, she is fierce." - HELENA, A Midsummer Night's Dream, William Shakespeare

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users